Will Bonaire let you off the ship if not booked with a cruise line excursion???

NWHairGal

Heard from a cruise line agent that some islands are not allowing passengers off the ship, regardless of vaccination status, unless you are on a cruise line excursion.  He said that status can change.  Of course I'm thinking that's a great ploy to get someone to book via the cruise line, but am wondering if anyone knows if Bonaire is such an island that has done this since Covid has been an issue?   I love to do my own thing on a cruise, but also don't want to be stuck on the ship either.  Any insight on this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 6:16 PM, NWHairGal said:

Heard from a cruise line agent that some islands are not allowing passengers off the ship, regardless of vaccination status, unless you are on a cruise line excursion.  He said that status can change.  Of course I'm thinking that's a great ploy to get someone to book via the cruise line, but am wondering if anyone knows if Bonaire is such an island that has done this since Covid has been an issue?   I love to do my own thing on a cruise, but also don't want to be stuck on the ship either.  Any insight on this?

https://infobonaire.com/getting-to-bonaire/cruises/

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone know if the cruise lines HAL Rotterdam will be doing the required covid tests? I am vaccinated and will be tested Monday, 11/8 in Fla., departing 11/10 and arriving 11/13 by cruise ship.  Based on the above link I need another test. 

2 hours ago, OC PAT said:

So does anyone know if the cruise lines HAL Rotterdam will be doing the required covid tests? I am vaccinated and will be tested Monday, 11/8 in Fla., departing 11/10 and arriving 11/13 by cruise ship.  Based on the above link I need another test. 

Maybe you should ask the question on the HAL board since it's about that cruise line's procedures.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:16 PM, NWHairGal said:

Here is a recent Celebrity review (Celebrity seems to require Covid test 48 hours prior to boarding according to CDC  - just like most other companies). The reviewer had private excursions on all ABC islands and had no difficulty getting off the ship (I will be visiting all three ABC islands on two Carnival cruises in November-December so this topic interests me greatly, especially Bonaire) - https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=682571