Muster drill

Rv6flyer

Just do whatever they tell you to do once you are on board.  Procedures are changing by the minute. What they ask you to do this month may be completely different than what they ask people to do next month.

• Like 2

As previously noted, follow instructions onboard.  However a recent CC post mentioned a number of people on a current sailing had not reported to their muster stations (per captain's announcement), so it appears to still be happening.

I would doubt they would eliminate having to check in (with card) at your muster, for no other reason for you to know where it is.

We were on the August 27 sailing of the Equinox.  We watched the videos in the app in our hotel room the morning of embarkation and they note as being complete once you watch them.  Once you get on the ship, you then have to go to your muster station, they scanned our cards, gave us a quick talk about what happens in an emergency and then put a green sticker on our sea pass cards.  Super easy and quick process.  

Edited by AlbertaCruisers
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rv6flyer said:

Wife was told this morning by Celebrity if she watches the drill on her I phone she does not need to get her card scanned, True?

I'd say that your DW was misinformed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Just do whatever they tell you to do once you are on board.  Procedures are changing by the minute. What they ask you to do this month may be completely different than what they ask people to do next month.

Good advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

We were on the August 27 sailing of the Equinox.  We watched the videos in the app in our hotel room the morning of embarkation and they note as being complete once you watch them.  Once you get on the ship, you then have to go to your muster station, they scanned our cards, gave us a quick talk about what happens in an emergency and then put a green sticker on our sea pass cards.  Super easy and quick process.  

We just got back from a B2B on Allure and this is the they did it.  Watched the videos and then went to muster station got sea passes scanned and green sticker.  Good to go.  Painless and better than standing around waiting for people to show up for muster.  Also, out in the hot sun.

Vic

4 hours ago, Rv6flyer said:

Wife was told this morning by Celebrity if she watches the drill on her I phone she does not need to get her card scanned, True?

And if you were to call again another call center rep would probably tell you something totally different. As others have mention, do as instructed when you are onboard the ship. 

Edited by davekathy

7 hours ago, Rv6flyer said:

We did it on the Equinox.   You view the  safety briefing either on the App or TV then press submit.   You then have to go to your Muster Station where they scan your card and may give you a 30 second demo on the Life Vest and then you are done.    I believe the muster stations open at 1:30 and should be completed by 3:30.   

On our cruise something like 35 pax had not done so and were called for a special briefing.

4 hours ago, mmcgann11 said:

They were pretty insistent about not being able to sail until everyone checked in at the muster station when we were on Edge, Aug. 28. Can't speak to whether this has changed.

We didn’t need to do that in July on edge butler just walked us through it on tv , might have had extra privileges since we were in penthouse.

Did your Butler walk you to your Muster Station and show you how to put on a Life Vest?    I would be very concerned for my safety as it looks as if you are being written off  in an emergency.    Finding your way to a Muster Station in a real emergency should not be your first time transiting to that station.

12 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Did your Butler walk you to your Muster Station and show you how to put on a Life Vest?    I would be very concerned for my safety as it looks as if you are being written off  in an emergency.    Finding your way to a Muster Station in a real emergency should not be your first time transiting to that station.

She did walk us to what I think was the station but don’t remember any life vest , last few cruises we had no life vest , I believe Video we saw must have showed that .

Edited by George C

On 9/9/2021 at 11:05 AM, Rv6flyer said:

You do have to report to your muster drill just to check in.  

• Like 1

I'll add that you need to watch the videos the day you embark if you want credit for doing so. I only watched them the day before, so I got to enjoy a live demonstration of the life vest when I went to the muster station. It was no big deal but just a few minutes I'd have preferred to spend otherwise. 

On 9/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

You always are free to find your muster station, but our butler did take us there when we got on. It was the dance lounge. 

Our butler did not show us how to put on the life vest, but there was someone there to do that if you didn't watch the video. I expect they also would be happy to demonstrate it for you if you would just prefer that. 

I did not feel that this new way of doing things was any less effective in preparing us for emergency than the old, "everyone gather at the same time" method. If anything, this new way is more personal. 

We will find out how effective watching a video is the next time there is a real emergency.   I hope you will remember your muster station if your Butler does not lead the way.   Remember he has takes care of at least 10 other suites, many on different decks.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We will find out how effective watching a video is the next time there is a real emergency.   I hope you will remember your muster station if your Butler does not lead the way.   Remember he has takes care of at least 10 other suites, many on different decks.

We were on the Millennium last week and I thought the new muster drill was very well done because it focused on the important information

I remember how uncomfortable I was on muster drills on previous cruises because I was crammed into a restaurant or bar. From the latest muster drill, I remember how to put on the life jacket and I passed the email quiz on the order of actions afterward.

As a Viking Sky Survivor who spent 26 hours in a muster station in 2019, I would tell you most of us didn’t know how to put on a life jacket. Thankfully, people got up to demonstrate it for us when it was essential.

I think the new way is much more effective.

Edited by cruzzzinma

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Not true.  We would need a large enough sample and a baseline to compare it to.  

Meaning no disrespect to CruisingMama and her horrible experience, I do not need further instruction on how to put on a life vest.  Nor do I need to be told how to put on a seat belt in an airplane.   It is good that we are told and/or shown where our muster station is, and that we need to check in there.  But I certainly hated the entire passenger load walking around with life vests in the old days!

52 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

But I certainly hated the entire passenger load walking around with life vests in the old days!

If from Denver, you just thought of it as an Orange Crush fashion statement.

LVest.thumb.jpg.95e626fc3f48b33be1cd97fae8f3d0a6.jpg

Notice the similarity ...

010515_bronco_fans_19.thumb.jpg.e4dfe5f515dc3b2ea161c5ce03ade8e5.jpg