Elite ?

babba

My husband will be "Elite" members with our upcoming cruise at the end of this month ...

Regarding the perks ... namely laundry ... it it per person or stateroom ... 

Thanks in advance ... 

7 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Great question!  We were wondering the same thing as we have a B2B January cruise.  How big are those bags?

Small and cheap paper bags. You can fit a couple of shirts and shorts and undees in one.   I usually bring tape so it doesn't fall apart. I only use for long cruises and for items I won't care if lost or damaged.

If I remember correctly.  On the Laundry slip you have to write "Loyalty" in the total box to ensure you don't get billed.  I have always used it with the assumption it was per person.  It always disappeared and showed up washed 24hrs later.  

Good to know.  We won't count on customized service.  Our next sailing on the B2B is on Princess since they offer self-laundry service, I'll plan on doing my own laundry when we board as I don't want to take the risk of having a favorite piece ruined.  However, DH's can go in the freebie bags.

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

Great question!  We were wondering the same thing as we have a B2B January cruise.  How big are those bags?

Four things:

1) it's per person.

2) bag size is irrelevant as the offer is a number of items - a pair of socks is 1 item as is a bikini.

3) the service is not available on the last 2 days but this doesn't apply to B2B  - assuming you aren't having to change cabins talk to your steward and put in the last bag a day before the end of cruise 1.

4) the big one - the offer is wash and fold however if you write on the slip " please return items on hangers" it will come back just as if it's been ironed. Don't forget the "please" as they don't have to do it and they are doing you a favour.

If you are having to change cabins please repost as we have some great tips for that as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, the penguins said:

) the big one - the offer is wash and fold however if you write on the slip " please return items on hangers" it will come back just as if it's been ironed. Don't forget the "please" as they don't have to do it and they are doing you a favour.

Good to know!  Thanks.

Turn around is 2 to 3 days.  Unless you go on the cruise with clothes you want to be washed you won’t have much until the 3rd day.  Based on that you will need clothes for the next 2 or 3 days.  If you are lucky you will get your clothes back on the 5th so will have them to wear again for the last 2 days.  Basically you still need to pack clothes for 7 days if you understand the logic.  

It does help on B2B.  Just let them know you are doing a B2B because they usually aren’t going to do your laundry on the 5th or  6th day  as it won’t be ready before the 7th and last day.   It does also help if you are staying in the same cabin 

Be careful about what you put in it.  They apply iron on laundry tags and they are hard to get off.  I don’t like them as they tend to scratch and irritate my skin.   When you pull them off they may pull the fabric.   It is great for socks, undies, shorts, and some shirts.   Just don’t put anything expensive in it.    I think the limit is 30 items per request.  We request cold water washing.    Don’t know it they honor it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, miched said:

Turn around is 2 to 3 days.  Unless you go on the cruise with clothes you want to be washed you won’t have much until the 3rd day.  Based on that you will need clothes for the next 2 or 3 days.  If you are lucky you will get your clothes back on the 5th so will have them to wear again for the last 2 days.  Basically you still need to pack clothes for 7 days if you understand the logic.  

It does help on B2B.  Just let them know you are doing a B2B because they usually aren’t going to do your laundry on the 5th or  6th day  as it won’t be ready before the 7th and last day.   It does also help if you are staying in the same cabin 

Be careful about what you put in it.  They apply iron on laundry tags and they are hard to get off.  I don’t like them as they tend to scratch and irritate my skin.   When you pull them off they may pull the fabric.   It is great for socks, undies, shorts, and some shirts.   Just don’t put anything expensive in it.    I think the limit is 30 items per request.  We request cold water washing.    Don’t know it they honor it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We are each Elite Plus so we each get two bags per cruise. We pack lighter and send laundry in a minimum of twice a week. We've been doing this for many years and have found out, if you set it out in the morning, the room steward will send it in when he makes the room. and have gotten them back the next afternoon, every single time.

3 hours ago, Poconolady said:

I’m interested in the tips if you are changing cabins on a b2b.

Thanks

OK here goes  ( all from cabin Stewards and they work).

To start remember that all cabins in the same class basically have the same drawer space - on Celebrity every cabin except suites are the same.

1) the cabin Steward in your first cabin will liase with the one in the second to sort a time.

2) leave as much stuff on hangers as possible. Your steward will take everything still on the hangers to the new cabin, put them in the wardrobe and bring back the already empty hangers - Job done.

3 ) count the number of drawers and shelves get a laundry bag for each. Put the contents of each drawer into a separate bag. The steward will move the bags. Once in the new cabin empty the full bags into the correct drawers /shelves -  job done.

5) you can put shoes in a laundry bag but we tend to put them in our bags/cases.

4) you are now basically left with empty bags/cases to move.

5 )  move any meds yourself.

Geoff

20 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

We are each Elite Plus so we each get two bags per cruise. We pack lighter and send laundry in a minimum of twice a week. We've been doing this for many years and have found out, if you set it out in the morning, the room steward will send it in when he makes the room. and have gotten them back the next afternoon, every single time.

We do the same it works great - only difference we do the bags before dinner so the steward takes them when he/she does the turn down usually back the next afternoon.

the number of items you can put in a bag depends on the cruise. We have had it limited to 20, at one time it was 30. When we cannot fit it all in the paper bag we use 2 bags and label as such. when there is a high number of Elite and up sailing the number of items per bag lowers.

We often send laundry on day one if we have had a land trip prior to boarding

We find this perk handy. We do a bag with light/ white underwear and socks. 

Then a second bag with  tee shirts and items that wont shrink or be missed if lost or ruined.  Have never had any issues.,other than those darn rm labels they used to stick in the items. 

On our EDGE tour we visited the laundry/ dry cleaning facilities...very impressive. Well organized operation.   Staff working there  seemed  happy despite being in a  lower interior area most of the day,. ! Hope they get their share of the pre paid grats!

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

the number of items you can put in a bag depends on the cruise. We have had it limited to 20, at one time it was 30. When we cannot fit it all in the paper bag we use 2 bags and label as such. when there is a high number of Elite and up sailing the number of items per bag lowers.

We often send laundry on day one if we have had a land trip prior to boarding

The lower limit is connected to water conservation areas not passenger numbers. The Baltic States, Amazon etc.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

The lower limit is connected to water conservation areas not passenger numbers. The Baltic States, Amazon etc.

It was due to numbers on 2 of my cruises. One had over 1200 elite and we were told this was the reason. Also no priority tendering

9 hours ago, hcat said:

We find this perk handy. We do a bag with light/ white underwear and socks. 

Then a second bag with  tee shirts and items that wont shrink or be missed if lost or ruined.  Have never had any issues.,other than those darn rm labels they used to stick in the items. 

On our EDGE tour we visited the laundry/ dry cleaning facilities...very impressive. Well organized operation.   Staff working there  seemed  happy despite being in a  lower interior area most of the day,. ! Hope they get their share of the pre paid grats!

Do the same thing , saves trouble doing some laundry when you get home.

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

It was due to numbers on 2 of my cruises. One had over 1200 elite and we were told this was the reason. Also no priority tendering

Interesting. We have had problems with the tendering but never with Elite numbers. When a ship goes to St Petersberg for example it is unable to discharge "grey" water as it can in the open seas and that water has to be stored. This then impacts on the amount of fresh water that can be produced which in turn reduces the amount of washing that can be done. Bed sheets are not washed as often and the guest laundry is reduced. Have never heard of your scenarios but you learn something every day on CC. Out of curiosity what routes where you doing to attract 1200 Elites?

13 hours ago, the penguins said:

Interesting. We have had problems with the tendering but never with Elite numbers. When a ship goes to St Petersberg for example it is unable to discharge "grey" water as it can in the open seas and that water has to be stored. This then impacts on the amount of fresh water that can be produced which in turn reduces the amount of washing that can be done. Bed sheets are not washed as often and the guest laundry is reduced. Have never heard of your scenarios but you learn something every day on CC. Out of curiosity what routes where you doing to attract 1200 Elites?

This was the first TA to end in Dublin. .. Florida to Azores , the Waterford , Cork.  New route and Dublin was not set up well . Tents were used for luggage.  It was a fantastic cruise!!