Straw question

jordanaire

1 minute ago, jordanaire said:

I know several months ago, the cruise lines went to paper straws. Is that still the situation? Would bringing your own steel drinking straws be a good idea?

Bought stainless steel straws with cleaner kit. Can’t stand the cookie straws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jordanaire said:

I know several months ago, the cruise lines went to paper straws. Is that still the situation? Would bringing your own steel drinking straws be a good idea?

We packed both full size and cocktail straws as the straws they offer are bad

2 hours ago, jordanaire said:

I bring a bundle of straws because the paper and sugar ones fall apart long before your finished the drink

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I brought straws last week on the Panorama. I suggest you bring some as well unless you like the melted chocolate and strawberry straws they offer now. They are useless after 5 minutes in the sun . 

My drinks never make it 5 minutes.

I order my cruise straws from dollar tree dot com. Seasonal item so I ordered 3 cases in April. They are paper but last me 2 drinks 🍹 each. 1 case is 480 straws for $48.00. Bringing about 240 with me since I got Cheers and since I use them for non alcoholic beverages as well to protect my lipstick 💄 what ever I don’t use I donate to my bar staff at the end.

E6ED21A1-283C-4DF3-87C8-2937FEDDE1CA.jpeg

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, bdever said:

I order my cruise straws from dollar tree dot com. Seasonal item so I ordered 3 cases in April. They are paper but last me 2 drinks 🍹 each. 1 case is 480 straws for $48.00. Bringing about 240 with me since I got Cheers and since I use them for non alcoholic beverages as well to protect my lipstick 💄 what ever I don’t use I donate to my bar staff at the end.

E6ED21A1-283C-4DF3-87C8-2937FEDDE1CA.jpeg

A lady who likes to have Fun!  These are great. I’m glad they are paper and not plastic. 

• Like 1

I am bringing a $1 box from Wal-Mart next time.   I didn't think it would bother me but I found it to be less than ideal last month on the Horizon.  It detracted from the drink both in flavor and when they got soggy and collapsed.

I flew there on an airplane to sail on a cruise ship which is one if the biggest polluters around....it is a week of wasteful excess that could feed a village....I am not gullible enough to believe not having a straw is saving the world.

Edited by ray98

Eliminating plastic straws won't save the planet, but will save some sea turtles and more.

Plastic straws break down into smaller pieces, called microplastics, and get trapped in these sheltering seaweed mats. ... Young turtles get tangled and trapped in the seaweed when it's littered with microplastics, and they're unable to surface for air, leading to them eventual suffocation.Aug 19, 2020
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, GlobalSurfer said:

OMG, I'm tired of seeing this question...  So if you are on a ship right now or just finished a sailing today like I did.   You will see a candy straw... It's vanilla or chocolate depending on the drink.  Either way they suck....   

not 5 minutes after liquid hits them. 😉 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I bring my own straws whenever I travel anywhere. Plastic straws have made a huge comeback in my area despite being alongside the beach and turtle nesting areas… hopefully the cruise lines will follow shortly.

#TeamPlastic

They won`t plastic straws are bad for the environment. 

I have not had the same experience with the sugar straws… On the last cruise,  I’ve had at least 1 mocha frappe each day, which came with the chocolate straw.. The straw outlasted the drink every time. Never fell apart or dissolved.  Maybe with frozen drinks, they last longer? I kinda liked eating the straw afterwards… tasted like those chocolate Necco wafers.

Edited by crooooze

17 hours ago, GlobalSurfer said:

OMG, I'm tired of seeing this question...  So if you are on a ship right now or just finished a sailing today like I did.   You will see a candy straw... It's vanilla or chocolate depending on the drink.  Either way they suck....   

Really? I can see youre on the newer side so you must have never seen the " should I get FTTF" or "should i get cheers" questions or tableclothgate 2018. Those topics were brought up every single day

24 minutes ago, matymil said:

Really? I can see youre on the newer side so you must have never seen the " should I get FTTF" or "should i get cheers" questions or tableclothgate 2018. Those topics were brought up every single day

Shh, You brought up tablegate. Don't want to get that started again!!