SO...Luminar Neo?

pierces

I've been using Luminar 4 for awhile, and it can be a lot of fun, but I'd require some serious convincing before I'd buy this product, given that much of what it does can be done with other products.

But the sky replacement thing can be a blast.  Here are a couple of examples, if interested.

Mont Saint-Michel before and after -

20100824_13b-1.jpg

20100824_13b2.jpg

Jeff Bezos' next spacecraft

P1000208Hs-indep3.jpg 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today's the last day for pre-order at the intro price. If you already own Luminar 4 or AI, you can log in to validate your account and get it for $54.

I will still not be moving my catalog over to Luminar but for me, this looks like it may be a good tool for quick fixes done in parallel with Lightroom.

For many, It may be a good primary solution.

Will post thoughts on it when it is released and I've had time to play with it.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

February 2022 release date. 

I never used Luminar all that much since it was similar to Lightroom in its ability to do quick corrections and didn't have the ready access to Photoshop for more troublesome issues. Neo looks like it may be something I can use for creative stuff as an addendum to Lightroom in my workflow. AI-powered sensor dust spot removal, depth of field mapping and wire removal (though it would look funny if the naked telephone pole was in the picture and not just the wires).

Looks intriguing.

Dave

Dave:

The wire-removal also was a reason why I pre-ordered the LuminarNeo. I have a photo taken of some old houses but there are telephone wires and electric streetcar wires all over the place. I know I could do it in Photoshop/Lightroom but I could spend the time better napping!

Looking at Gardyloo's cloud-removals, mycloud replacement filesdisappeared from my Photoshop. I downloaded a bunch from Luminar (too many, really), made a bunch on a photoshop contact sheet and use Luminar as a filter for cloud replacements!

I suppose "true" photographers will argue that such action is not kosher as they crop, sharpen, remove dust etc.

Best,

Tom