Web-based OCEAN READY coming this Fall

ProfMHC

15 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Saw this on Facebook this evening: 

D941A710-0F7F-4C54-B758-284F11CA8465.jpeg.143dbfca0093b1460ccc7e84420056e7.jpeg

12 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Yes, but how long do you think it will take?  Judging by their work on Medallion Class, it won't be soon.  And if they try to "fix" the original, I can't imagine how badly they can mess it up before ending up with something inferior to what they started with.

My TA shared the email sent by the Princess SVP of Sales…in only a few days the expected availability date has already been pushed back by a month to late November. And as we know from all of the MC app’s continuing problems it’d be shocking if it’d be that soon & actually work properly. Too many unfulfilled promises including having a late August MC app update that would fix my iOS version…where’s that update? 🤔

A web-based version of OceanReady is in the final stages of completion and expected to be available by late November, first with travel checklist accessibility, followed by Dine My Way reservations shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Too many unfulfilled promises including having a late August MC app update that would fix my iOS version…where’s that update? 🤔

A web-based version of OceanReady is in the final stages of completion and expected to be available by late November, first with travel checklist accessibility, followed by Dine My Way reservations shortly thereafter.

The IOS App was updated to version 3.2.1 two weeks ago. IMG_0670.thumb.jpeg.a95924f06a25825140998693b85e2403.jpeg

Thanks billco however my App Store list doesn’t show a MC app update then & I check for updates daily.

Checking the app I don’t see a way to view my version of the app. Even if it was somehow updated without being on my updates list, it wasn’t the major update promised to greatly improve the app because there are still major problems for me & based on posts also for others.

28 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

And when they did it I was no longer able to access DMW. Just spins and spins. I’ve called and written. No fix. Sigh.

Does it getting stuck have anything to do with internet speed?  Mine was doing this and I had my nephew come over and he said my internet is too slow.  On top of that, he checked something and said all the reviews for this are a nitemare and that's another reason for the problems.  

Well I just think they went about this backwards. Should of updated and improved the online Personalizer and then worked on all the sections of the Medallion Class.

Even though we were all aware of what the Medallion would / could possible do to your experience in cruising, I don't think we were expecting these changes.

Lets hope that those that do not want to deal with the app on their phone will be happier once the personalizer goes back to what it was.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, maggie777 said:

Why do you think PCL could not resurrect the Personalizer instead of attempting a new debacle?

Only a guess, but I think the App uses a separate database system and that most App problems have occurred because of data link / transfer problems. If so, it would make sense to have a new PC based link to the same App database. Otherwise they will always be out of step.

1 hour ago, ProfMHC said:

I tried! I cannot find a way to do that…..

I only used the “hope” line because, well, y’all know Facebook….

i have seen titles changed. I could be wrong, but I think the way to do it is to hit the 3 dots in the upper right. You then "report" the post. Explain you are the OP and would like to change the title of the thread and what you would like to change it to. You then 🤞, and hope the mods follow through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

i have seen titles changed. I could be wrong, but I think the way to do it is to hit the 3 dots in the upper right. You then "report" the post. Explain you are the OP and would like to change the title of the thread and what you would like to change it to. You then 🤞, and hope the mods follow through.

Okay! Worth a try! Thanks 

• Like 1

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to Web-based OCEAN READY coming this Fall
9 hours ago, maggie777 said:

Why do you think PCL could not resurrect the Personalizer instead of attempting a new debacle?

No - it makes sense to have the same sort of application and functionality on Princess.com as in the MC App.  Makes no sense to go back to older features that are going to be incomplete and not compatible with MC App. 

As to whether it will be a debacle or not remains to be seen.  Hopefully by Nov (sooner in fact), MC App functionality will be much improved and working with most bugs fixed.

8 hours ago, Dave from Ont said:

We held off buying a new iPad and I'm glad we did. I feel so sorry for you and others who probably didn't want that kind of out of pocket expense just to go on a cruise.

With Ontario government coming out with a new digital ID to store driver’s licenses, health cards, vaccination records etc. I am ok now and more accepting that this is the future. However, they say our cards & paper docs are still acceptable. 
Several of us posted on cc that Princess reps would be at terminals to assist with check in for those not using app no need to buy smartphone. 

3 hours ago, dog said:

Several of us posted on cc that Princess reps would be at terminals to assist with check in for those not using app no need to buy smartphone. 

Will they really be Princess reps or just the usual contract check-in staff wearing Princess outfits that day?

16 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My TA shared the email sent by the Princess SVP of Sales…in only a few days the expected availability date has already been pushed back by a month to late November. And as we know from all of the MC app’s continuing problems it’d be shocking if it’d be that soon & actually work properly.

This is certainly something that could have been completed, and polished to the moon,

during the one year shutdown.

Of course, there were a couple posters here who continuously claimed princess should fix anything like

this while they didn't have any revenue.

Penny wise...