Freedom of the Seas - A Weekend Getaway Live

BirdTravels

Thank you so much for this report! Question about boarding--I'm on the 4 night in 3 weeks. I have a 12:30 boarding time (which I think is the earliest) but my plane lands at 9:30. Even with the slowest exit and Uber possible, I think the latest I'd end up at port is 11. Did you get the sense they were letting people check in early? Is there anywhere to sit (that's not crazy crowded) in the terminal if I need to wait until 12:30? Thank you again for all of the information and photos!

54 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Thank you so much for this report! Question about boarding--I'm on the 4 night in 3 weeks. I have a 12:30 boarding time (which I think is the earliest) but my plane lands at 9:30. Even with the slowest exit and Uber possible, I think the latest I'd end up at port is 11. Did you get the sense they were letting people check in early? Is there anywhere to sit (that's not crazy crowded) in the terminal if I need to wait until 12:30? Thank you again for all of the information and photos!

We arrived early (a little before noon) and they didn’t care. They just checked our documents and let us in. As soon as we completed checkin, we were allowed to board the ship. 

• Like 2

I join the flock of those saying thank you to Bird!  I followed your Adventure reports and found them very useful for our Aug 21 Adventure cruise.  Funny thing--we are now considering an October cruise on the Freedom or Mariner.  (Can't decide).  Funny thing #2--my grandsons call me grandma Bird or Birdie because at one point I called myself an old bird. LOL.  Thanks again.

Good morning “almost”

Cococay.

We are sharing the island with the Allure today. And we’re supposed to arrive first, getting first choice of that comfy beach chair. But, the Allure has a medical emergency onboard and has requested priority docking. So here we sit, drifting in the anchorage, delaying our arrival by about 90 minutes. 

Since we are only hopping over to Nassau tonight, the Captain has extended our all aboard time by an hour to 6 pm. Not sure that there will be many people wanting to be on the island at dinner time.