Jump to content

20% off most cruises fares through 9/16


Jeremiah1212
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

Yes , just repriced my August 8 2022 Beyond 10 night cruise. Reduced my fare by $1700. Paid for my TAP RT airfare to Rome from Washington Dulles for 2. Pretty good!

 

Have you flown on TAP before?  Am considering them for a trip to Lisbon.  Heard a few negative things on Flyertalk I think it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 4:47 PM, mikkelhansen said:

The official "promotion" page is here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?contentPromotionId=promotion-170

- 298 sailings included at the moment, which sounds pretty much like all future sailings, except Galapagos.

I expect several users on the board to be able to fetch substantial savings with this promotion.

But only for US citizens...........

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love this site.  Due to reading through the posts - I texted my travel agent and for the first time tried for a price adjustment.  When she called 10 minutes later - there was already a new invoice in my email.  Saved $1,480 on a cruise for Dec. of '22.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I'm wondering if Celebrity is doing this promotion because they finally realized they priced themselves too greedily and chased a lot of regulars elsewhere...especially with the Always Charged  errrr I mean included?

 

This is an unusually good discount. I saved $1,000 on an April 2022 cruise on Millennium. There is an article on Seatrade Cruise News saying that 2022 bookings have softened due to the delta variant. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. We booked one Crystal and two Oceania cruises after Celebrity's prices skyrocketed. But our next two cruises (booked long ago at reasonable fares) are on Celebrity. Maybe they are seeing customers depart for other lines.

 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/signature-cruise-sales-way-delta-variants-damper

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

 

This is an unusually good discount. I saved $1,000 on an April 2022 cruise on Millennium. There is an article on Seatrade Cruise News saying that 2022 bookings have softened due to the delta variant. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. We booked one Crystal and two Oceania cruises after Celebrity's prices skyrocketed. But our next two cruises (booked long ago at reasonable fares) are on Celebrity. Maybe they are seeing customers depart for other lines.

 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/signature-cruise-sales-way-delta-variants-damper

 

That's the same reason I still have the Apex scheduled. I booked it while people were waiting for a clear future and before AI.  When I looked not too long ago, my cabin had increased by over $5,400.  So had I booked at over $10K, this sale would have saved me $2k but as I posted earlier, my cruise is still $3k below today's price if my category were not sold out.

 

They chased me to Regent while it was on promotion and then recently AZ.  I got larger suites with air/transfers and hotel on Regent for less pp/pn than Celebrity was charging at the time. So Celebrity lost out on four cruises from us till mid '23.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

FARES still too darn HIGH

Yup.. an AQ  cabin on Summit for 9 days from Bayonne  to Newport, Charleston and Bermuda ( classic bev, grats and internet....no OBC)  .priced out more ( for refundable fare) than our present Sky Suite booking on Reflection.( With upgraded drInks and OBC)  Would have swapped them out but not at those prices..

 

Glad folks got reductions but probably overpriced initially

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I'm wondering if Celebrity is doing this promotion because they finally realized they priced themselves too greedily and chased a lot of regulars elsewhere...especially with the Always Charged  errrr I mean included?

I have started to like AI now.

Before I never see 150% for solo cruiser.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question:

 

A cruise we would like to take next year is on the sale at a better price than we've seen recently.  However, we board the Equinox on Friday (the 17th) and was planning to book onboard for the additional benefits.  Of course, the promo ends on Thursday (the 16th).

 

So do we 1) wait and take our chances; 2) can we 'hold' the cruise on Thursday and complete the booking onboard on Friday? or 3) just book it now with our T/A?

 

We've never been able to book onboard with X although we have done that on other lines.

 

Thank you for any opinions! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Bummer, got excited for a moment. Called the CC (wait time less than 8 minutes) and our cruise has gone up in price since we booked it (23 Jan. 2021). Even with the 20% discount we'd end up paying more with the current promotion. Oh well, it was worth a shot. 

 

Why be disappointed? It means you got a really good price on the cruise to begin with. 😄

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cunn9004 said:

I love this site.  Due to reading through the posts - I texted my travel agent and for the first time tried for a price adjustment.  When she called 10 minutes later - there was already a new invoice in my email.  Saved $1,480 on a cruise for Dec. of '22.

 

 

 

 

Or TA had the same success with our December 2022 Holiday Cruise. Our AQ cabin is now repriced $1,422 lower. 

TA is now working on our September B2B Med cruises. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

No, have not flown on them before but the price was $700 per person less than Lufthansa. Going to Rome on Lufthansa was non stop but the return was not. Didn’t think the 3 hours or so saved on the direct flight was worth the $. What did you hear?

 

It was a quick mention and I didn't see any details.  They just said they didn't like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone have any luck getting the 20% discount if your cabin category is sold out? We got discounts on two of our bookings, but forgot to ask about another two that are currently sold out in our cabin category as Celebrity has never allowed a price reduction in a sold out category in the past that we're aware of.

 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Anyone have any luck getting the 20% discount if your cabin category is sold out? We got discounts on two of our bookings, but forgot to ask about another two that are currently sold out in our cabin category as Celebrity has never allowed a price reduction in a sold out category in the past that we're aware of.

 

I booked the last inside solo cabin and was able to get the 20% percent discount applied. 

Just not sure if the ship will sail but in that case will be refunded.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com Jan '22
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...