Carnival Corp Pre-BoardTesting

BlerkOne

1 hour ago, dnull12 said:

We have the ones from Optum ordered from the Carnival link which require telehelp and they do not have RX in the bottom left but are definitely the correct ones.

There were two different Binax ones.  One that could be purchased at the pharmacy and one that had Rx in the lower left corner that were the ones allowed.  Don't know if the Optum ones are the Binax or not.  If not, then it's two different manufacturers.  I was just going by the first group of ones available and discussed on YouTube.

55 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

There were two different Binax ones.  One that could be purchased at the pharmacy and one that had Rx in the lower left corner that were the ones allowed.  Don't know if the Optum ones are the Binax or not.  If not, then it's two different manufacturers.  I was just going by the first group of ones available and discussed on YouTube.

The Carnival provided link takes you to Optum. They don't have Rx in the lower left corner. Mine don't. But they do have the monitoring.

What you are looking for is the BinaxNOW Covid-19 Ag Card by Abbott.

It is fine.

Ok maybe I am dense or just so exhausted from trying to figure out this whole testing thing, but I have a question. I want to order tests for my husband and my self as a backup to CVS test I have scheduled.  The carnival site takes me to the company to order them and they show .....

"The home test (including two tests) costs $69.99 when it is purchased via the Optum Store".   

Do the two tests for $69 cover both my husband and myself since it includes two tests.  Or do I have to order 2 sets of two. So $140 for both of us.  So confused and have read all the sites with info and nothing states what to do.  I need to order them so they get here in time... please help. 

10 minutes ago, iminit4fun said:

Ok maybe I am dense or just so exhausted from trying to figure out this whole testing thing, but I have a question. I want to order tests for my husband and my self as a backup to CVS test I have scheduled.  The carnival site takes me to the company to order them and they show .....

"The home test (including two tests) costs $69.99 when it is purchased via the Optum Store".   

Do the two tests for $69 cover both my husband and myself since it includes two tests.  Or do I have to order 2 sets of two. So $140 for both of us.  So confused and have read all the sites with info and nothing states what to do.  I need to order them so they get here in time... please help. 

A 2pkg can be used for two people.  

I ordered the 3pkg because I wanted to be sure I had one backup test just in case I dropped it or knocked it off the table.

Thats just the way my crazy mind works….😂😂

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, iminit4fun said:

I think you are ok with just the two. You need to download the app, and each set up an account, and each take the test under their own account.

Many of the test being sent out appear to be expired, but there is a letter floating around on the Internet that extends the expiration date.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

A 2pkg can be used for two people.  

I ordered the 3pkg because I wanted to be sure I had one backup test just in case I dropped it or knocked it off the table.

Thats just the way my crazy mind works….😂😂

Did you watch the youtube video by La Lido Loca? That's exactly what he did when he was making his video showing how to take the test. Good thing he also had an extra one🤣

• Haha 1

So here's a little update regarding NOW vs. August.  Both times we successfully scheduled and took CVS Antigen tests.  But the one fewer days between test and sail made a psychological difference removing ANY real margin for error. Things had to go smooth.  We tested this morning, got the Negative call in an hour, and had our written results by about 1-2pm.  But I'll tell you that the looming 'end of day business hours' and our flight pretty much first thing tomorrow added to the pressure while we waited for the formal email results.  I really appreciated the cushion of having that extra day much better. Now, there's absolutely no room for error. It is what it is however.  I suppose we'll get used to it cause it ain't getting better anytime soon.

See you onboard!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The Carnival provided link takes you to Optum. They don't have Rx in the lower left corner. Mine don't. But they do have the monitoring.

What you are looking for is the BinaxNOW Covid-19 Ag Card by Abbott.

It is fine.

Agree. Mine do not have RX at the bottom left and I emailed Optum and they said ours is approved to be accepted by Carnival Cruise lines. 

this is what we can get- will it work??  It is a molecular test (NAAT) . 

from FAQ on CCL website

NAAT include (acceptable for vaccinated and unvaccinated guests):

• PCR – Polymerase chain reaction
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) test
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA) test
  • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic test
  • Isothermal amplification
  • Droplet Digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
  • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)

A rapid antigen or rapid PCR test is acceptable (of the test types listed above).

Just don't know why its on main page.