Jump to content

Carnival Corp Pre-BoardTesting


BlerkOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

Does the Abbott have to be the one purchased online off Carnivals website for $69 or can we get it from walgreens for 25.00.  Is it the same thing?


The one purchased from Walgreens is not the same one. You must have one that is monitored and the over the counter ones are not…
 

 

71BFDFEB-AB5B-479D-8682-FFB0854A8E88.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brkintx said:

 

From their update:

 

"While we had previously raised the possibility of more on-site testing at our terminals, the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option. Nevertheless, we did want to provide these additional suggestions for our guests."

Are you saying you see those words when you click on the link Blerk shared?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Are you saying you see those words when you click on the link Blerk shared?

Where can I get a COVID-19 test?

In order to provide more testing options for our guests, Carnival is sharing these resources:

  • Carnival Corporation has established an agreement with Quest Diagnostics to facilitate access to pre-cruise COVID-19 viral testing. Guests may schedule testing with Quest Diagnostics at more than 1,500 locations, including Quest Diagnostics patient service centers and select Walmart and other retail pharmacy locations throughout the U.S. Appointments are required and may be scheduled online via Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.. Results are typically available within 48 hours via email or mobile application but Quest advises that turnaround time can fluctuate with demand, supplies and other factors, and vary by region. As with any laboratory provider, pricing for COVID-19 testing services may vary. Guests may qualify for testing at no cost to them through their insurance or the government. We urge guests to check with their health plan or the laboratory provider to see if they are eligible before scheduling a test. Guests may visit Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. for information.
  • Fully vaccinated guests may also consider using an Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. which includes a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test. The test provider must provide guests with an official test result; no handwritten report. Results are provided in approximately 15 minutes and test kits are available to be shipped in 50 states. Tests can be purchased by accessing either of the links above.
  • Additionally, guests may also look into large pharmacy chains that have multiple locations to schedule a COVID PCR or antigen test near their home or embarkation port of their cruise. For example, CVS Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. and Walgreens Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. have nationwide locations offering COVID-19 testing.

While we had previously raised the possibility of more on-site testing at our terminals, the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option. Nevertheless, we did want to provide these additional suggestions for our guests.

 

 

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our Mardi Gras cruise leaves on Jan2,2022.  Between a SUnday departure AND it being over a holiday week end( New Years Day), we didn't want to risk not being able to find a place that would test on NY eve or not having results back d/t the holiday.  SO we opted for the Binax home test proctored online by tele-health.

 

Purchased a 2 pack and a 3 pack for the four of us in our party.  That way I have an extra test-just in case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Where can I get a COVID-19 test?

In order to provide more testing options for our guests, Carnival is sharing these resources:

  • Carnival Corporation has established an agreement with Quest Diagnostics to facilitate access to pre-cruise COVID-19 viral testing. Guests may schedule testing with Quest Diagnostics at more than 1,500 locations, including Quest Diagnostics patient service centers and select Walmart and other retail pharmacy locations throughout the U.S. Appointments are required and may be scheduled online via Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.. Results are typically available within 48 hours via email or mobile application but Quest advises that turnaround time can fluctuate with demand, supplies and other factors, and vary by region. As with any laboratory provider, pricing for COVID-19 testing services may vary. Guests may qualify for testing at no cost to them through their insurance or the government. We urge guests to check with their health plan or the laboratory provider to see if they are eligible before scheduling a test. Guests may visit Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. for information.
  • Fully vaccinated guests may also consider using an Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. which includes a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test. The test provider must provide guests with an official test result; no handwritten report. Results are provided in approximately 15 minutes and test kits are available to be shipped in 50 states. Tests can be purchased by accessing either of the links above.
  • Additionally, guests may also look into large pharmacy chains that have multiple locations to schedule a COVID PCR or antigen test near their home or embarkation port of their cruise. For example, CVS Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. and Walgreens Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. have nationwide locations offering COVID-19 testing.

While we had previously raised the possibility of more on-site testing at our terminals, the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option. Nevertheless, we did want to provide these additional suggestions for our guests.

 

 

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

I see it there, but not on the link you originally posted (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation-to-provide-convenient-access-to-pre-board-testing-301373300.html).  Maybe I didn't scroll far enough.  Or some people are saying they think the verbiage in the article changed after some had read it.  Either way, I tested NEGATIVE yesterday and the CVS's in DC are doing a great job with quick turnaround on Rapid Antigen, and the Carnival link clears it up for me, thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cruise in two weeks.  The only Quest location near us is about 35 miles away and they only do the PCR test.  Thankfully, the clinic I go to is less than a block from my office.  I talked to the FNP from there at church Wednesday night.  She said they have plenty of rapid tests, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to get tested.  There are also several other FNP clinics here in town that have them. This is a town of just under 10,000 people. It's good to have these available when so many larger areas apparently don't have places to get the test done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OhioJourneys said:

I went to the Quest Diagnostic website and answered all questions honestly.  It appears they are only doing testing if you have been exposed to or are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.  The site directed me to a "purchase" option for home testing.  

Not for me.  Had appointments lined up over a week ago for our original Horizon booking and after changing it to a Mardi Gras sailing in October, we are lined up with 700 AM PCR testing on 10/21/21.  Will also attempt to get rapid tests lined up for the same day in the afternoon at CVS or Walgreens in our area once appointments open up.  Because of the slight possibility of a false positive, I went with the earliest possible time slot for the PCR test about 51 1/2 hours prior to embarkation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MrMarc said:

I do not think it is just the logistics of the actual testing at the ports that is a problem.  I think the the passengers themselves are the real issue.  Basically each group of passengers would have to be isolated from all others until the test results were back.  If you don't do this, then if anyone tests positive, everyone around them is not potentially exposed.  Can you imagine the mess that would create?  You were fine until a process that Carnival is responsible for exposed you.  Not to mention that part of the idea is to keep people who test positive away from the port.  So I doubt we will ever see this option, unless they can somehow do a drive-thru for people that are driving to the port. 

My thoughts exactly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

From the website Return to Service FAQs. If you scroll to the bottom it looks like testing at the port is now a no go.

Where can I get a COVID-19 test?

In order to provide more testing options for our guests, Carnival is sharing these resources:

  • Carnival Corporation has established an agreement with Quest Diagnostics to facilitate access to pre-cruise COVID-19 viral testing. Guests may schedule testing with Quest Diagnostics at more than 1,500 locations, including Quest Diagnostics patient service centers and select Walmart and other retail pharmacy locations throughout the U.S. Appointments are required and may be scheduled online via Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.. Results are typically available within 48 hours via email or mobile application but Quest advises that turnaround time can fluctuate with demand, supplies and other factors, and vary by region. As with any laboratory provider, pricing for COVID-19 testing services may vary. Guests may qualify for testing at no cost to them through their insurance or the government. We urge guests to check with their health plan or the laboratory provider to see if they are eligible before scheduling a test. Guests may visit Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. for information.
  • Fully vaccinated guests may also consider using an Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. which includes a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test. The test provider must provide guests with an official test result; no handwritten report. Results are provided in approximately 15 minutes and test kits are available to be shipped in 50 states. Tests can be purchased by accessing either of the links above.
  • Additionally, guests may also look into large pharmacy chains that have multiple locations to schedule a COVID PCR or antigen test near their home or embarkation port of their cruise. For example, CVS Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. and Walgreens Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. have nationwide locations offering COVID-19 testing.

While we had previously raised the possibility of more on-site testing at our terminals, the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option. Nevertheless, we did want to provide these additional suggestions for our guests.

SO.....what's different than before...Still got to find the QUEST, still got to schedule, and still got to wait up to 48 hours for results....Tough call, there is a local Quest, but jammed with people all trying to get a time,  I called and the tech said..." We do not guarantee the 48 results, just a guideline" My oh my, this is progress?   I thought there would be a test at the terminal???

Edited by topaz123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Where can I get a COVID-19 test?

In order to provide more testing options for our guests, Carnival is sharing these resources:

  • Carnival Corporation has established an agreement with Quest Diagnostics to facilitate access to pre-cruise COVID-19 viral testing. Guests may schedule testing with Quest Diagnostics at more than 1,500 locations, including Quest Diagnostics patient service centers and select Walmart and other retail pharmacy locations throughout the U.S. Appointments are required and may be scheduled online via Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.. Results are typically available within 48 hours via email or mobile application but Quest advises that turnaround time can fluctuate with demand, supplies and other factors, and vary by region. As with any laboratory provider, pricing for COVID-19 testing services may vary. Guests may qualify for testing at no cost to them through their insurance or the government. We urge guests to check with their health plan or the laboratory provider to see if they are eligible before scheduling a test. Guests may visit Quest Diagnostic's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. for information.
  • Fully vaccinated guests may also consider using an Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. which includes a viral antigen home test and the services of an eMed Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. telemedicine professional who will supervise the administration of the home test. The test provider must provide guests with an official test result; no handwritten report. Results are provided in approximately 15 minutes and test kits are available to be shipped in 50 states. Tests can be purchased by accessing either of the links above.
  • Additionally, guests may also look into large pharmacy chains that have multiple locations to schedule a COVID PCR or antigen test near their home or embarkation port of their cruise. For example, CVS Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. and Walgreens Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. have nationwide locations offering COVID-19 testing.

While we had previously raised the possibility of more on-site testing at our terminals, the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option. Nevertheless, we did want to provide these additional suggestions for our guests.

 

 

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

The only test the local Quest offers is  a PCR test, which is a 48 hour test and maybe longer. So if we sail Sunday, and fly out saturday..how can we get results when we test Friday....don't see how this helps with the logistics??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Our Mardi Gras cruise leaves on Jan2,2022.  Between a SUnday departure AND it being over a holiday week end( New Years Day), we didn't want to risk not being able to find a place that would test on NY eve or not having results back d/t the holiday.  SO we opted for the Binax home test proctored online by tele-health.

 

Purchased a 2 pack and a 3 pack for the four of us in our party.  That way I have an extra test-just in case.

Can the test kits be split up for multiple individuals? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So a completely useless announcement from Carnival. Backpedalling on the previous plan to offer mobile testing in port and "offering" an option that was already available to everyone.

 

Carnival could at least have allowed people to get tested at their own expense using the supplies Carnival already has if they could show they had gotten a test two days before but not gotten the results. But no, denied boarding and no refund or FCC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without onsite testing I'm pretty much a no-go, but final payment isn't until 10/31 so will hope for a better procedure.

 

Incidentally, what happens for those that fail the test ? . . . Just SOL or ? Monies refunded, cruise credit or what ?

 

If they required ALL guests to be vaccinated NO EXCEPTIONS would this testing still be necessary. Sorry, I"m not a virologist. I have no clue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

So a completely useless announcement from Carnival. Backpedalling on the previous plan to offer mobile testing in port and "offering" an option that was already available to everyone.

 

Carnival could at least have allowed people to get tested at their own expense using the supplies Carnival already has if they could show they had gotten a test two days before but not gotten the results. But no, denied boarding and no refund or FCC.

How do you know Carnival won't allow that?

 

Carnival likely has the supplies to test the less than 5% unvaxxed but has to make sure they have that. If they advertise anyone can get tested at the port the odds go up that they will run out. Carnival isn't responsible for a shortage of tests or the pandemic.

 

As I recall, a number of rapid test kits expired and were destroyed. And then came Delta. I imagine supply will catch up with demand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rlindholm said:

So what is new here is that they are no longer going to try and set up testing at the port, right?  That was my take-away. 

I agree. I could get tested at Quest before this announcement. Nothing changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Without onsite testing I'm pretty much a no-go, but final payment isn't until 10/31 so will hope for a better procedure.

 

Incidentally, what happens for those that fail the test ? . . . Just SOL or ? Monies refunded, cruise credit or what ?

 

If they required ALL guests to be vaccinated NO EXCEPTIONS would this testing still be necessary. Sorry, I"m not a virologist. I have no clue.

Definitely not SOL.

 

I'm booked on an NCL cruise and they do require 100% vaccines and they will test me at boarding. Vaccinated people can contract and pass on the virus.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...