Breakaway on its way across the pond

skeeter195

we recently booked this ship for October to Bermuda!  Fingers crossed that nothing happens between now and then with the cruise industry!!  We had 2 cruises booked this fall with a different cruise line...but when they said 'masks onboard', we canceled....that's not a fun vacation... Looking forward to getting onboard!!

15 hours ago, shof515 said:

it appears the breakaway will be in NYC around September 19

yes she is expected Sept. 19. Spoke with the concierge last week and she confirmed the date! Can't wait to finally see an NCL ship back in NYC!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, knitlady037 said:

yes she is expected Sept. 19. Spoke with the concierge last week and she confirmed the date! Can't wait to finally see an NCL ship back in NYC!

Who is the concierge on the initial sailings?

I'll be very happy to see an NCL ship back in the NYC area.

Was there any mention of a test cruise the week of 9/19?  I know Royal did one out of Bayonne.  I was hoping to volunteer because I'm local to the area and can leave last minute!  LOL

23 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I'll be very happy to see an NCL ship back in the NYC area.

Was there any mention of a test cruise the week of 9/19?  I know Royal did one out of Bayonne.  I was hoping to volunteer because I'm local to the area and can leave last minute!  LOL

I don't think so because this is a 100%. Vaccinated cruise whereas the Oasis has unvaccinated children on board.

are you worried that the PCR test will be back in time for boarding.  We are taking it on Wednesday 9/22.  also do you know if we must wear mask?  After all this testing I think the Breakaway and Bermuda will be the safest place on the planet.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:00 PM, irishgirl666 said:

are you worried that the PCR test will be back in time for boarding.  We are taking it on Wednesday 9/22.  also do you know if we must wear mask?  After all this testing I think the Breakaway and Bermuda will be the safest place on the planet.

Masks are not required on the ship, but they are required in the port before you board, and also anywhere indoors in Bermuda. 

Here's a tracking update using CM - statistics as reported via AIS less than 2 hours ago - doing 14 knots (that's running on 3 out of engines, not that unusual for fuel savings) - should be arriving over the next 24+ hours, into NY harbor ... as expected.  

Norwegian Bliss also in-bound on her crossing, on a different course heading, etc. 

Out-of-towners staying in NYC and planning to dine indoors, etc. - please be prepared to show proof of vaccinations.  Use & wearing of a mask is required while riding mass transit - should see posted signs as reminders at places that continue to require them ... all these, until further notice in NYC.  This is the official link for the City of NY on "Key to NYC" as updated by NYC Dept of Health - https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-vaccines-keytonyc.page

Best wishes, happy & healthy sailing for all booked and ready to cruise her soon. 

NCL Breakaway TA 18 SEP 2021 Tracking Status.jpg

23 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I am surprised Breakaway did not divert south around Odette. That's gotta be a rough ride.

@mking8288  What is that you used to get her position?  Is it a subscription?

Bill, I think he may be using this ... https://www.cruisemapper.com/, not a subscription

Edited by JIMESOPUS

1 hour ago, PelicanBill said:

I am surprised Breakaway did not divert south around Odette. That's gotta be a rough ride. @mking8288  What is that you used to get her position?  Is it a subscription?

Hello, Bill - just wanted to say, on a related note ... great work on your weather analysis here for those of us that do follow.  It looks like from the NHC's basics on Odette & latest position, BA managed to get out of the way overnight & west of the path.  Marinetraffic hasn't been useful to me lately as I don't have a subscription and it is still showing her as out of range, but can unlock it to get newer satellite position & voyage info ... that's blah for my purposes & needs. 

@JIMESOPUS got it, spot on - not a paid subscription - CruiseMapper, not a secret but I didn't want to run into any copyrighted issues w CC here.  Her ride hasn't been too choppy doing most of that crossing as I've been looking at the BA's live shipcam - now, it's a bit bumpy, but she can handle it just fine with seas at 3.3m and a strong breeze now - cruising slower at 12 kn. from the related AIS data shown on CM.  She's southeast of Nantucket, MA ( ~ 200 +/- miles) heading toward Montauk, NY and typically shouldn't be that far off the coast of Long Island by this evening - reasonable to assume for being on schedule for tomorrow's arrival.  That's exciting for all the cruise addicts. 

Everyone & anyone should be able to track her on CM (no paid subscription needed - yay) ... Norwegian Bliss is following behind the Carnival Legend, doing 17 kn with seas at 1.2m and the Norwegian Pearl is eastbound on her crossing.   CC folks tracking their favorite ship(s) can post details on that "Ship Movement" thread - especially if bags are packed and all the travel docs & results ready to go soon, etc. etc. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1