Cairns port upgraded

The Yorkeys Yacht Club will not be happy if Cairns Port is used. The Club makes heaps of $$$$ from pax waiting for the tenders and/or the tender line to shorten.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The Yorkeys Yacht Club will not be happy if Cairns Port is used. The Club makes heaps of $$$$ from pax waiting for the tenders and/or the tender line to shorten.

There’s plans for the biggest ship such as ovation and majestic to be able to dock by 2030 .

Its a much better port than Brisbane,walk off the ship into the centre of town.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

All reads very positive 🤞

Parts of sydney ,90% have had their first shot and home quarantine starts in the coming weeks for international arrivals.

Very positive.

A lot of hotels have be renovated and upgraded also.

17 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Parts of sydney ,90% have had their first shot and home quarantine starts in the coming weeks for international arrivals.

Very positive.

A lot of hotels have be renovated and upgraded also.

Home quarantine 🤔

And yet, here we are in Queensland, turning the first sods for a home grown jail, sorry, Quarantine Camp in Toowoomba. 🙄 

35 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Home quarantine 🤔

And yet, here we are in Queensland, turning the first sods for a home grown jail, sorry, Quarantine Camp in Toowoomba. 🙄 

I was thinking that ?

Melbourne is building one,Perth  and now we are introducing home quarantine.

If you are fully vaccinated, a week at home after returning from overseas.
Every hour or so you have to check in with a smart phone .

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was thinking that ?

Melbourne is building one,Perth  and now we are introducing home quarantine.

If you are fully vaccinated, a week at home after returning from overseas.
Every hour or so you have to check in with a smart phone .

Agreed - seems all too simple, (and preferable) so WHY continue to build the Camps? May never know.

Maybe these camps will be needed even less if a third vaccination dramatically lowers the chance of breakthrough covid.

I hope that they can use them for something else. A sport and recreation camp maybe.🤔

36 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Agreed - seems all too simple, (and preferable) so WHY continue to build the Camps? May never know.

Use them for the families of sporting teams, they get in to Qld with very little hassle 

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Terrific article. I didn't know that Gladstone had a terminal either.

On my first cruise in 2010 I went to Townsville which I don't see very often in cruise intineraries these days. But Gladstone I don't think that I have ever seen it listed on a cruise intinerary for the major mass market lines.

54 minutes ago, sewgood said:

On my first cruise in 2010 I went to Townsville which I don't see very often in cruise intineraries these days. But Gladstone I don't think that I have ever seen it listed on a cruise intinerary for the major mass market lines.

I don't think it would be a cruise “ terminal” in the strictest sense of the term,  ie you would not be starting/ ending a cruise from there. Reading some info on it it is more just a berthing point for cruise ships near a park ( Auckland Hill) with some facilities and a floating dock for excursions etc.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Apparently we should be expecting more pandemics ,with the world population increasing and people are more mobile.
We have been lucky over the last century but different variations and even anthrax has popped up again in China.

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

5 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I don't think it would be a cruise “ terminal” in the strictest sense of the term,  ie you would not be starting/ ending a cruise from there. Reading some info on it it is more just a berthing point for cruise ships near a park ( Auckland Hill) with some facilities and a floating dock for excursions etc.

I ve been to Gladstone by road a few times, I know theres one of the biggest coal terminals there but I didn’t think it would be a destination for cruise ships.

46 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

You are right of course gbenjo, it must be because it's been so long since I've been to a cruise terminal or even a cruise port I've forgotten what they are.

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I ve been to Gladstone by road a few times, I know theres one of the biggest coal terminals there but I didn’t think it would be a destination for cruise ships.

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.06714bd4296518ef15b5d1e1d0c6f53a.jpeg

There’s some interesting shore excursions.

Bunderberg rum factory,The town of 1770 .

https://www.gladstoneregion.info/tours-attractions/

Looks like you're done some research after the first post.

There's enough there to fill in a day for me!

I'm always up for a new cruise port and especially on the east coast.

17 minutes ago, sewgood said:

You are right of course gbenjo, it must be because it's been so long since I've been to a cruise terminal or even a cruise port I've forgotten what they are.

I know how you. (and everyone else)  feel . I called the OPT “ home”  for six months of the year . Bring on the 💉💉💉💉💉.

• Like 2