What if Celebrity’s kits don’t show up?

cruisestitch

4 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I ordered from eMed on Wednesday before X started advertising Optum and I received my 6 tests the next day on Thursday.

It will only get worse as more people turn to the online testing, I foresee shortages in test kits form both companies.

Then have a plan B

19 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We plan on booking at a local site and also ordering the test kits. For anyone who received them how long are they good for?

For the ones I received from Optum Sep 3 the expiration date on the box is 3-Oct-2021 but the FDA approved extension expiration date is 3-Jan-2022 (there is a page to look up your lot number).

• Like 1

Our cruise isn't until Sunday, September 26, but we have already ordered the test kit.  And we will get the 16 minute rapid test at home on Friday morning I hope.  I called the testing center, but they said they won't make a reservation until three days before.  I may make an appointment in FT Lauderdale also!!  Hopefully they will begiving the tests on a Saturday. 

Optum is the pharmacy that I have to use because of my insurance and they are horrible. I also would not order from them unless my cruise was at least a couple of weeks out. Have a backup plan as well (e.g., same-day local test even if it's expensive).

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:24 PM, cruisestitch said:

I just got an email from Optom that my kit was shipped on the 10th and should arrive on the ninth. How can that happen. There is a button for “track your package.”   When I push it, it goes to FedEx which says that the tracking number does not exist.

Now what?

Go to the FedEX tracking site ( google search for it, don’t use the link they sent) insert the number and you will find it. My experience was the same as yours so I did not use their link to track. At FedEx I found my package and also signed up for delivery alerts. They were right on the money! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, okiedrifters said:

Go to the FedEX tracking site ( google search for it, don’t use the link they sent) insert the number and you will find it. My experience was the same as yours so I did not use their link to track. At FedEx I found my package and also signed up for delivery alerts. They were right on the money! 

I've had the same experience, definitely don't trust somebody else's link.

But also like others mentioned, I've had indications that FedEx is the worst of the big 3 for showing status until the product is actually "in their hands" and in the shipping stream. Until then the tracking status might show as "does not exist."

1 hour ago, okiedrifters said:

I would love to be able to do that, but there was no tracking number given on my email from Optom, only that button and the button it takes me to FedEx which tellsme that the tracking number does not exist.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:02 PM, cruisestitch said:

I would love to be able to do that, but there was no tracking number given on my email from Optom, only that button and the button it takes me to FedEx which tellsme that the tracking number does not exist.

The same thing has happened to us except that the home test WAS our back up plan. Has anybody actually received their test kits yet?

4 hours ago, djh said:

The same thing has happened to us except that the home test WAS our back up plan. Has anybody actually received their test kits yet?

On another thread re these test people were ordering testsfrom Optum in late August and no reports of them not arriving.  This was before  Celebrity & Royal put the link on their sites.  

4 hours ago, djh said:

I ordered the 6 pack from emed on Thursday evening Sept 3rd, and received them on Tuesday the 7th as Monday was a holiday.  Someone else on our roll call ordered hers from Optum and received them in 3 days. Hoping yours will arrive soon! 

1 hour ago, Sp429 said:

I ordered mine on Sept. 8 - was suppose to have it on the 10th... got an email that it would come the 13th... called Optum today, and it still shows "processing" and they have no idea when it will be sent to me. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Sorry that's happened to you.

As I posted on another thread, and just so folks will have that info here, this past Sunday, Sept. 12, we ordered the 6-pack of the Abbott BinaxNow proctored home tests directly from eMed, the folks who actually do the proctoring.  Their promised 2-business day delivery was spot on; our kits were delivered by FedEx this morning, Tuesday, Sept. 14.   (They expire in early January, 2022.)