Jump to content

If you could only travel one more time where would you go?


Recommended Posts

Saw this on FB found it very relatable being in Australia with our travel bans😂

 

So where would you go? What would you do if you could only travel one last time? Visit your favourite destination, cruise your favourite itinerary or go somewhere you haven't been? Splurge on the most expensive of everything, do something crazy adventurous or indulge in all your favourite things? 

Edited by ilikeanswers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ilikeanswers changed the title to If you could only travel one more time where would you go?

I've only been to 3 provinces and 1 territory in my own country so I have 7 provinces and 2 territories to go. I think we would travel by plane, train and automobile. We would use good hotels with the odd posh splurge.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I've only been to 3 provinces and 1 territory in my own country so I have 7 provinces and 2 territories to go. I think we would travel by plane, train and automobile. We would use good hotels with the odd posh splurge.

Would you do the Rocky Mountain train - Gold Class?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My dream is a world cruise in segments with land time in various places that interest me. Not going to happen.

 

Road trip around Aus, highly unlikely too.

 

So perhaps a visit yo mum and dad at the lake.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

 

Possibly one of the routes I hadn't driven before. That would be a posh splurge. The Rocky Mountaineer is expensive.

We did the Gold Leaf several years ago.  I am fairly certain we got a free upgrade to the Gold Leaf along with a free  upgrade to a balcony  on the Alaska cruise due to a real early payment. The service and everything on the Rocky Mountain Train was excellent with getting an all round view with the Dome. Downstairs all you saw was like looking out the window of a bus. Also we got  our suitcases bought to the over night hotel instead of having to pack a few things in a bag, the red class dont get that from what I remember. Well worth the extra money

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it was a cruise...... Circumnavigate Australia  in a Suite......

 

Other wise  Sydney - Perth - Sydney on the Indian Pacific... Platinum Class

 

Or  7-10 days in a Pavilion Suite at Saffire Coles Bay....

 

Any would make a big dent in bank balance... along with being unreal....

 

Don...... time for a G&T

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

If it was a cruise...... Circumnavigate Australia  in a Suite......

 

Other wise  Sydney - Perth - Sydney on the Indian Pacific... Platinum Class

 

Or  7-10 days in a Pavilion Suite at Saffire Coles Bay....

 

Any would make a big dent in bank balance... along with being unreal....

 

Don...... time for a G&T

 

 

We did a circumnav of Aus in an extended balcony, it was wonderful after 3% days MrsG was ready to come home, me I’d have backed up then and there and done it again.

 

Best part was probably being able to really get to know some passengers and crew. But the itinerary was spectacular, a longer one with a few added ports and some overnight stops would be heavenly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, portcbob said:

Canadian Rockies and Inside Passage cruise in Alaska. 

Cancelled out in 2020, so going to make a play for it in 2023.

Hope you make it it’s truly amazing scenery.

Cheers Carols

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sewgood said:

Would the cemetery be the right answer? Just kidding. 😄

Off the top of my head I would have to go with the world cruise. May as well make it a long holiday.

Yes please, another world cruise. Might as well make it a big one

Eric & Sheila

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Expedition adventure to the  Antarctic, get out onto the ice, none of that drive by of the pennisula in the big ships. If my son gets his Chimu ships going again I might hop a ride.

OceanAtlantic_Albatros_no_logo_0_0.jpg.1fb1f3788a3c0fbde2db1b736246ea12.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Expedition adventure to the  Antarctic, get out onto the ice, none of that drive by of the pennisula in the big ships. If my son gets his Chimu ships going again I might hop a ride.

OceanAtlantic_Albatros_no_logo_0_0.jpg.1fb1f3788a3c0fbde2db1b736246ea12.jpg

One I’d have loved to do too Uncle Les

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Best part was probably being able to really get to know some passengers and crew. But the itinerary was spectacular, a longer one with a few added ports and some overnight stops would be heavenly.

We find that longer cruises have a special feel about them as well. We love getting to know some of the other passengers and crew onboard.

It's great to walk around the ship and run into people whom you have already met.

If I had to choose a cruise based on my favourite intinary I would go with the 35 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

 

given I have a few cruises booked for 2022, I would just like to go anywhere as Victoria is in lockdown again.

 

looking forward to Japan in April.  Europe in June.  Panama Canal in August.

 

living in hope.

 

eileen

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

 

given I have a few cruises booked for 2022, I would just like to go anywhere as Victoria is in lockdown again.

 

looking forward to Japan in April.  Europe in June.  Panama Canal in August.

 

living in hope.

 

eileen

 

Best of luck to you to be able to travel by then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sewgood said:

We find that longer cruises have a special feel about them as well. We love getting to know some of the other passengers and crew onboard.

It's great to walk around the ship and run into people whom you have already met.

If I had to choose a cruise based on my favourite intinary I would go with the 35 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

Ditto, it was definitely the best cruise we've done so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NSWP just do it

Tell your son you are spending his inheritance if he doent give you a free ride 😀

As one gets older one finds it harder to get in and out of zodiacs even though the cruise we did with Seabourn the crew were very good helping people with disabilities enabling them to get ashore of which I would presume the same would be with your son. Photos do not do Antarctica justice. You have to get off to talk to Happy Feet

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Thecat123 said:

We did the Gold Leaf several years ago.  I am fairly certain we got a free upgrade to the Gold Leaf along with a free  upgrade to a balcony  on the Alaska cruise due to a real early payment. The service and everything on the Rocky Mountain Train was excellent with getting an all round view with the Dome. Downstairs all you saw was like looking out the window of a bus. Also we got  our suitcases bought to the over night hotel instead of having to pack a few things in a bag, the red class dont get that from what I remember. Well worth the extra money

Another couple of things about Gold Leaf the dining room is on the lower level so while you are eating there all you get to see is like looking out of a bus window. Drinks and snacks were handed out in the dome. We learned very quickly that if a staff member was coming along the passage way was to look out the window otherwise the staff asked you if you needed anything

Also your suitcase doesnt go on the train it goes by truck to the next over night hotel so when you hop off the train you are given an envelope with your key and room number so when you walk in there is your suitcase. We were also given a DVD of the Rocky Mountain train trip of which I dont know if everybody got one or was it just the Gold leaf people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great topic. I would sail somewhere in the North Atlantic, the Canadian maritimes or Norway would do nicely.   I love the icebergs at sea and the hiking onshore.  And I haven’t yet seen a puffin😠

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are traveling by the Rocky Mountaineer next summer, DH’s bucket list.  We will do the cruise with the Yukon tour also.  We have been to Alaska but not the Yukon.  It is beautiful county but I still prefer the east coast of Canada 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...