Wifi Questions Meraviglia

kilkoyne

I was watching a YouTube video of someone who just cruised Meraviglia. He said the only way to switch wifi to his second device was to go to the connection center and have them manually change it over. He said he had to do this every time he wanted to switch devices. Does this sound right? When I sailed Seaside I was able to switch devices easily.

He then went on to say that he asked guest services if he could just buy a second wifi package and was told that it was too late, that the sailing already started. This doesn't make sense because MSC website states "Discover all MSC Cruises’ Internet Packages and book online to save up to 15% vs. onboard prices." Has anyone recently purchased wifi after boarding? When I sailed with MSC the wifi was included. Maybe he waited to far along into cruise and no longer had the option to purchase?

Lastly I was already told by a member here on this forum that I am unable to use my OBC to pre purchase a wifi plan. I wonder though, if I place the internet package in my cart now, would it still be in my cart for that same price after I boarded the ship? (I guess I'm still unclear of the process using OBC).    

BTW, the video is titled "WORST CRUISE SO FAR… Post-Cruise LIVESTREAM (Bahamas Paradise & MSC Meraviglia)" ....I didn't include the link because i wasn't sure if was against the rules here.

Thanks for and clarification with the above questions.

Edited by kilkoyne

1 hour ago, kilkoyne said:

I was watching a YouTube video of someone who just cruised Meraviglia. He said the only way to switch wifi to his second device was to go to the connection center and have them manually change it over. He said he had to do this every time he wanted to switch devices. Does this sound right? When I sailed Seaside I was able to switch devices easily.

He then went on to say that he asked guest services if he could just buy a second wifi package and was told that it was too late, that the sailing already started. This doesn't make sense because MSC website states "Discover all MSC Cruises’ Internet Packages and book online to save up to 15% vs. onboard prices." Has anyone recently purchased wifi after boarding? When I sailed with MSC the wifi was included. Maybe he waited to far along into cruise and no longer had the option to purchase?

Lastly I was already told by a member here on this forum that I am unable to use my OBC to pre purchase a wifi plan. I wonder though, if I place the internet package in my cart now, would it still be in my cart for that same price after I boarded the ship? (I guess I'm still unclear of the process using OBC).    

BTW, the video is titled "WORST CRUISE SO FAR… Post-Cruise LIVESTREAM (Bahamas Paradise & MSC Meraviglia)" ....I didn't include the link because i wasn't sure if was against the rules here.

Thanks for and clarification with the above questions.

I watched that video too I think and I found it kind of suspect with all his issues I didn't even finish the video as it was so rambling. I keep thinking just get to the point already and no wonder his views are low SMH.  I just didn't find him enjoyable to watch. 

That wasn't Jay's best video. I think he was bruised from being double charged for his cruise (and MSC making no attempts to correct their error) and he was rushing between cruises to get something out. He also talked about going through customs to get on the ship (he meant security), and jumped to a conclusion about Ocean Cay excursions being unavailable to unvaccinated guests (not true - just separate groups).

So wondering about not being able to buy more wi-fi on board is justifiable. But then again, your mileage may vary.

Well, I'm going to keep my internet package loaded on my cart in my profile. Maybe they'll give me that price when I board on the 25th.

I'll also bring both devices but supposedly you can use your phone as a wifi router. I haven't been able to get it to work yet, going to work on it a bit more to see if can be done using wifi and not data.

I was able to set my phone up as a wifi router if needed.

My cart is still showing the wifi package after I signed in and out. I'll see if the price doesn't change and I'm able to use OBC when I board the ship. I may as well add a few more excursions also just in case it does work so I can get the cheaper prices. 

7 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

I was able to set my phone up as a wifi router if needed.

My cart is still showing the wifi package after I signed in and out. I'll see if the price doesn't change and I'm able to use OBC when I board the ship. I may as well add a few more excursions also just in case it does work so I can get the cheaper prices. 

iPhone or Android? If iPhone, care to share the steps you took to hotspot wi-fi? I already know how to hotspot from cellular to wi-fi, but not familiar with relaying wi-fi to wi-fi.

On the cart idea, I very seriously doubt there is any connection between that and purchasing wi-fi onboard. Two different worlds.