Equinox-where to get fresh squeezed OJ?

sunsetme

The Spa Cafe on Infinity had real fresh squeezed orange juice in the Med back in September 2019. We only discovered it on the second to last day when we went there for breakfast. I’m not sure if all M Class ships serve it but we loved it. You do need the Premium Drink Package. 

Maybe others have more knowledge than I, but I don't think they have fresh squeezed except at Aqua Spa.   They have on menu -  Fresh Pressed Juices - 

Purple Rain - Blackberry, Blueberry Pear  Apple

Orange   -      Orange, Carrot and Ginger

Pina Kale -    Pineapple, Kale Cucumber, Ginger

Juice to order -  Choose from the chef's seasonal selections

I guess you could order just the Orange and not the carrot and Ginger.

Other places on the ship -  They say Orange Juice or Premium Orange Juice.   I think the Orange Juice is frozen and the Premium is "Fresh Squeezed" and bottled like you buy at the Grocery Store

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe others have more knowledge than I, but I don't think they have fresh squeezed except at Aqua Spa.   They have on menu -  Fresh Pressed Juices - 

Purple Rain - Blackberry, Blueberry Pear  Apple

Orange   -      Orange, Carrot and Ginger

Pina Kale -    Pineapple, Kale Cucumber, Ginger

Juice to order -  Choose from the chef's seasonal selections

I guess you could order just the Orange and not the carrot and Ginger.

Other places on the ship -  They say Orange Juice or Premium Orange Juice.   I think the Orange Juice is frozen and the Premium is "Fresh Squeezed" and bottled like you buy at the Grocery Store

we had fresh squeezed, with pulp, every morning with breakfast in Luminae

7 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

It does still come from a bottle though, they removed the juicing machines a while ago.

We had the same in Luninae and it generally tastes pretty good, but it isn't 'fresh'.

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

We get the same daily but it is described as "Fresh Orange Juice"   It does indeed have pulp and is identical to what I get as described as Premium OJ.    I'll have to check today but I do believe it is "Fresh Squeezed" but bottled    

I'll ask today and see if I can get some clarity.     In years past they actually had a machine that squeezed oranges.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We get the same daily but it is described as "Fresh Orange Juice"   It does indeed have pulp and is identical to what I get as described as Premium OJ.    I'll have to check today but I do believe it is "Fresh Squeezed" but bottled    

I'll ask today and see if I can get some clarity.     In years past they actually had a machine that squeezed oranges.  

Yes, I remember the machines.  When they were eliminated from the OV, they still had the machine in Luminae for a while.

I believe currently it is  squeezed in a factory and immediately frozen.  Then it is thawed and served as fresh squeezed on the ship.  This is my understanding.

Jim, it will be interesting to see what you find out.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

we asked just two weeks ago qnd were told it was indeed fresh squeezed

7 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It does still come from a bottle though, they removed the juicing machines a while ago.

We had the same in Luninae and it generally tastes pretty good, but it isn't 'fresh'.

we specifically asked the servers and were told it was indeed fresh squeezed.  i can only report what we were told

36 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

we specifically asked the servers and were told it was indeed fresh squeezed.  i can only report what we were told

The main issue is “When” was it fresh squeezed. I’m not saying the staff told you an untruth. They are telling you what they are told. It was fresh squeezed and then packaged, delivered to the ship and then poured into a glass to be served. Check out the Spa Cafe and see if they have the juicing machines where fresh oranges are actually pressed into juice. That’s also where you can get the best smoothies made fresh to order. 

In Blu, we had freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast.  When I asked if it was "freshly squeezed", I was brought into the kitchen and showed the machine and introduced to the "squeezer" staff member..  The juice was very good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

The main issue is “When” was it fresh squeezed. I’m not saying the staff told you an untruth. They are telling you what they are told. It was fresh squeezed and then packaged, delivered to the ship and then poured into a glass to be served. Check out the Spa Cafe and see if they have the juicing machines where fresh oranges are actually pressed into juice. That’s also where you can get the best smoothies made fresh to order. 

please see the message from Keesar.  They actually saw the machine in person.   I believe them when they tell us it is freshly squeezed in Luninae.  You are free to believe whatever you want

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 8:06 PM, sunsetme said:

Is it available in the buffet at breakfast or at the spa?

On Equinox, just within the Oceanview Cafe [buffet restaurant], on the port side, you will find the Destinations Bar, which opens (officially) at 7 AM most days.  They will have a huge plastic jug containing freshly squeezed orange juice.

Take a good look at the (translucent) jug before you order.  You may have to ask them to shake/stir the contents, because the pulp has a tendency to sink to the bottom.  If they don't bring it to the top, they will pour a glass full of liquid that tastes worse than what you can get from the push-button dispenser (a fact known from unfortunate, recent experience).

By the way, one of the "islands" in the buffet now has four very big glass carafes from which a crew member will pour you any of the following (or a mixture) -- even if you have no beverage package:

Pineapple Juice

Cranberry Juice

Tomato Juice

V-8

Edited by jg51

I asked the Hotel Director who manages most of the ships activities.    She said they have regular OJ which is freshly squeezed in a factory, homogenized and then bottled.  The second which is Freshly Squeezed is Freshly Squeezed in a Factory and bottled.     They do have a juicer in the Spa Cafe (which is staffed and use the Luminae kitchen)   The menu calls for freshly juiced orange juice mixed with Ginger.   You can however order it without the ginger or other items.  

The Juicers were removed years ago.  

I can only report what I learned and if people want to believe they are drinking orange juice that is squeezed freshly in front of  them I respect their opinion.   

• Thanks 1

Sorry but I believe you consulted with a person who was not knowledgeable.  The juicers were alive and well on our cruise.  I know there is one in Blu and I met the person who puts in the oranges and saw the machine.  I have an inquiring mind, ask my server who took me to take a peek.