Jump to content

Prepaid gratuity question


matymil
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I just prepaid my gratuity for my cruise in two weeks. I've never prepaid before. I have yet to receive an email and when I go into my purchased services, it does not show up in there. I took a screenshot of the charge screen just in case. Is this normal when you prepay? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Clarasgrandma said:

It should show up under the booking details of your cruise, and you should get an updated email showing the change to your booking.

Thanks yeah I got nothing. I just checked in and got nothing as well. Maybe it's all going to my TA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 10:34 PM, matymil said:

Thanks yeah I got nothing. I just checked in and got nothing as well. Maybe it's all going to my TA?

If you look on your cabinconfirmations@carnival.com email that you would have got when you booked the cruise it will be under optional charges as per my example below.  If you booked through a TA it should show on any booking confirmation they gave you as well.

 

OPTIONAL CHARGES
  Vacation Protection $239.00  
  Prepaid Gratuities $293.79  
  Total Optional Charges $532.79
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never received an email when I added mine a couple weeks ago either. It does show under the booking & order details page. It should also be updated in your cruise documents where you print off your luggage tags, etc. I just checked mine and it's there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 10:41 PM, matymil said:

So I just prepaid my gratuity for my cruise in two weeks. I've never prepaid before. I have yet to receive an email and when I go into my purchased services, it does not show up in there. I took a screenshot of the charge screen just in case. Is this normal when you prepay? 

Yay you are going on a cruise?  Is this the first one since our March 2020 cruise was canceled?  Hope you have so much fun.. still waiting to take our rescheduled honeymoon cruise.. Feb 6th 2022 !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rmajor said:

Yay you are going on a cruise?  Is this the first one since our March 2020 cruise was canceled?  Hope you have so much fun.. still waiting to take our rescheduled honeymoon cruise.. Feb 6th 2022 !

Thanks. Yeah it is. We were actually supposed to cruise like 5 days after the shutdown so we are very excited 😊 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sammee said:

I never received an email when I added mine a couple weeks ago either. It does show under the booking & order details page. It should also be updated in your cruise documents where you print off your luggage tags, etc. I just checked mine and it's there. 

I actually just saw this yesterday. It is there, thank you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...