I just signed our kid up for the youth program

matymil

Did the camps open up (are they going to) and nobody mentioned it? I'm only asking because I just checked in for our cruise on Sept 27th and it just asked me if I wanted to sign my 2yr old for youth programs 🤷‍♂️ Has this happened to anyone else that's sailed within the last week or two with a child or has checked in recently? I know other lines still have programs running so just figured I'd ask 🙂

Edited by matymil

As I read it, Carnival's Have Fun, Be Safe protocols seem to say in no uncertain terms that Camp Ocean is closed until further notice. I would guess they need the kids info for general documentation reasons and that's how they collect it, and they haven't bothered to change the form in the website or app. If my kids were that age, this would be heartbreaking to me because one of the best things about cruising with the kids was the babysitting -- er, kids activities -- and it was like a night out every night, which was a rare treat when they required constant supervision.

YOUTH PROGRAMS & SKY ZONE®

Camp Ocean™: Supervised children’s programs for children under the age of 12 in Camp Ocean will not be offered at this time.

Circle “C”® & CLUB O2®: Unvaccinated youth and teenagers will not be permitted to participate in supervised Circle “C” and CLUB O2 youth programs, or access Sky Zone® if cruising on Carnival Panorama®

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Interesting as 2 year olds were never allowed in Camp Carnival prior to Covid. They had to be at least 3 and potty trained to attend.

Incorrect. My 2 year old attended and she was not potty trained either. They even changed diapers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pyxie said:

Incorrect. My 2 year old attended and she was not potty trained either. They even changed diapers.

When my daughter carried her 2.5 year old a few years ago, Camp Carnival required her to be 3 years old to attend. They did have a paid for babysitting service which my daughter used a few times.

14 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Interesting as 2 year olds were never allowed in Camp Carnival prior to Covid. They had to be at least 3 and potty trained to attend.

Yeah I have no idea why it let me sign up. 

20 minutes ago, zzdoug said:

I just don't think they can change and properly test their website JavaScript with every policy change, which happen almost weekly. So some forms might be a little out of date.

That makes sense. Thanks