Walgreens ID NOW Covid Test Results Time?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Walgreens NAAT test is ID-NOW.  It is accepted.  It took 25 minutes for me to get my results.  It took my brother about 3 hours to get the link to his results but then he had to wait another 8 hours for the Walgreens site to come back online to access the results.

• Like 4

We have done Walgreen's ID NOW about 3 times.  The results are available online in about 20 minutes.  The results are very professional looking and have all the proper data. 

Here in Florida they are free.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, regg1216 said:

I also would like to know if this acceptable for a test. It does not say antigen. Has anyone used this?

It is accepted, I emailed Michael Bailey's office to make sure.  We have it scheduled for Wed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pretzlaff said:

We have done Walgreen's ID NOW about 3 times.  The results are available online in about 20 minutes.  The results are very professional looking and have all the proper data. 

Here in Florida they are free.

We will get ours Wed for Freedom on Friday

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Good to know, Thank you!

22 minutes ago, karena1 said:

It is accepted, I emailed Michael Bailey's office to make sure.  We have it scheduled for Wed.

22 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Thank you, ours is Wednesday also.

• Like 2

I did the ID NOW test at a Walgreens pharmacy just down the street from my house in mid-June, and I got my results back a couple hours after testing.  That was before Delta ravaged the country and daily new infection was less than 40k.  With things the way they are now, I can’t even find an available test slot in the next three days within 15 miles of where I live.

• Like 1

We took ours on 8/27 at Walgreens and had the results back in just over an hour.  Had no problem with them being accepted at the port and zipped right through the boarding process.  We plan to do it again for our late January cruise if it is still required.  Very unobtrusive and easily done.  

1 hour ago, GateGuardian said:

I use it to fly back to Canada. I usually get it within 24hr-30hr.

Did you have it done in the Walgreens or take it ‘home’ or to your hotel.  I was unable to set up an on line account in the Abbott app because it did not recognize my Canadian phone number or email address.  I’m thinking if I have it done in a Walgreens that won’t be a problem.  Can you advise the process you followed, as a Canadian with no US contact info.  

Edited by Josie201

3 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Did you have it done in the Walgreens or take it ‘home’ or to your hotel.  I was unable to set up an on line account in the Abbott app because it did not recognize my Canadian phone number or email address.  I’m thinking if I have it done in a Walgreens that won’t be a problem.  Can you advise the process you followed, as a Canadian with no US contact info.  

I did the ID NOW NAAT test via drive thru. They give you a kit and you swab it in front of them, then dropped it in a box at the drive thru. I work in the US, so have a US phone #. I have not tried using my Canadian info, but would think there may be some roadblock. I've shown them my Ontario driver's license before and they were ok with it, but sometimes they don't even ask for my ID, just confirmation # and DOB. 

Note, CVS does not ask for a SSN when creating an account, but Walgreen does, so you might want to try a CVS instead. However, Walgreen gives an option to have ID NOW or PCR or Antigen while CVS is only PCR/ID-NOW or Antigen. CVS does not give the option to search specifically for ID NOW. That said, I've never had issues with PCR results coming back late. The only time was maybe the start of the pandemic. CVS takes appointment up to 13 days out, while Walgreen only takes appointment 3 days ahead.

Also, my understanding is the take home ones are antigen tests only and you can't use them to get back into Canada. In addition, the take home ones are not proctored, so you can't use them for the cruise. 

If you need it for the flight home after the cruise, the ship do provide testing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, scchase said:

Does anyone know if these are accepted for children's tests? It appears to be a PCR test but not stated explicitly. 

Yes, our 3 year old grandaughter had her binaxnow done along with her mother and me at Walgreens drive-thru in August. Results were about an hour.

Binaxnow is lo longer accepted for children as of yesterday, we are planning on canceling at this time though will wait a day or 2 to see what happens with the hurricane that hit last night, might get lucky and have the cruise canceled so we can lift and shift.

I have a cruise on Allure of the Seas this Sunday 9/19. There are 5 people in my family...4 vaccinated and an 11 year old obviously not vaccinated. Royal Caribbean really needs to change the wording on the unvaccinated pre-cruise testing requirement from PCR to just molecular or PCR and NAAT accepted.

Regular lab based PCR tests take at least 2-3 days for results and for cruises leaving on a Sunday, the unvaccinated child has to take the test within 3 days. Anybody see the problem here...labs are typically closed Saturday and Sunday, so results may not come back in until they open on Monday.

I'm taking my 11 year old daughter to Walgreens this Thursday before the cruise to get the Abbott ID NOW test, which is a molecular NAAT that takes less than a day to get results. The pharmacist also told me it's considered a rapid PCR test. I heard though that the email they send only specifies NAAT (I'm pretty sure PCR tests are NAAT).

I've called RC customer service twice and after providing them documentation they both said it would be accepted. Being a skeptic, I asked that they document that on my Reservation ID.

I'll find out for sure this Sunday, but they better be prepared for a major debate if they try to deny my family entry onto the ship!

Edited by PKelley83

4 hours ago, PKelley83 said:

I have a cruise on Allure of the Seas this Sunday 9/19. There are 5 people in my family...4 vaccinated and an 11 year old obviously not vaccinated. Royal Caribbean really needs to change the wording on the unvaccinated pre-cruise testing requirement from PCR to just molecular or PCR and NAAT accepted.

Regular lab based PCR tests take at least 2-3 days for results and for cruises leaving on a Sunday, the unvaccinated child has to take the test within 3 days. Anybody see the problem here...labs are typically closed Saturday and Sunday, so results may not come back in until they open on Monday.

I'm taking my 11 year old daughter to Walgreens this Thursday before the cruise to get the Abbott ID NOW test, which is a molecular NAAT that takes less than a day to get results. The pharmacist also told me it's considered a rapid PCR test. I heard though that the email they send only specifies NAAT (I'm pretty sure PCR tests are NAAT).

I've called RC customer service twice and after providing them documentation they both said it would be accepted. Being a skeptic, I asked that they document that on my Reservation ID.

I'll find out for sure this Sunday, but they better be prepared for a major debate if they try to deny my family entry onto the ship!

Let me know how it goes.  I am also curious if RCCL will accept ID NOW, and quite frustrated with the wording of the vaccination page stating PCR with no mention of NAAT or Molecular.  I have reserved a couple appointments for RT-PCR at my local urgent care just to be safe (165 per child), but would much prefer to use ID NOW at Walgreens to save some money.

Edited by PCHENG

With your Walgreens results, how are you providing them to RCI at check in?  Are you showing an app or do they send you the results via email that you can print out?

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

With your Walgreens results, how are you providing them to RCI at check in?  Are you showing an app or do they send you the results via email that you can print out?

Walgreens sends you a link to the results.  You can print them out or show them the results on your phone.  We printed ours out because I didn't want to take any chances of not being able to pull them up on my phone.

• Like 1