Cancelling after final payment due to change in protocols!

MR_T

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Will be soon, they are working on it in the lab as I type

LOL... not plant based?? YUCK

How could you... 😁

Edited by Bo1953
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MR_T said:

My point is celebrity are telling me it’s the Spanish government but royal are saying their guests can get off in Spanish ports? I just don’t see if indeed Spain are saying one ships guests can get off when another’s can’t? Especially when the vaccination rates will most likely be higher on celebrity due to age requirements & age of passengers (less kids etc) 

As a stated the ships are sailing under totally different conditions.

Where are the Royal ships sailing from?  The only ones I see that touch ports in Spain are only sailing between Spain and Italy (both considered to be well controlled).  The Royal Ship that has been sailing in Greece is not touching ports in Spain. 

The APEX started its cruise before in Greece, an area considered to be high risk.

Entry into both Spain and Italy is more tightly controlled than passengers flying into Greece.

Different itineraries can easily have different rules set by the country.

Take for example in the US when a ship comes into the US from an international start it cannot carry passengers for 14 days.

It could easily be conditions set by the Spanish government in order to let the ship in and sail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MR_T said:

...and from what I’ve read they are not social distancing either (8 pax on a10 seater bus) was described as a small group social distance tour!

If that was on this board then I believe the comment referred to a Caribbean port where the use of small vehicles is to be expected.

I would be very surprised if they did the same on European tours where large coaches are very much the norm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Mr. T - I trust you will be on the sailing as well, I was only reacting to your reaction that X may not be telling the truth about reasons for no self-guided tours.

No offence meant or intended and I do apologize to you for how the post sounded and may appear/sound as an affront to your sensibilities in this.

I, now, fully understand your intent and thoughts.

bon voyage

No problem, posts can get lost in translation and I know some of my do as I can be quite abrupt 😂 

as always you make good points in your posts and I appreciate them, 

🍸😊

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, nocl said:

As a stated the ships are sailing under totally different conditions.

Where are the Royal ships sailing from?  The only ones I see that touch ports in Spain are only sailing between Spain and Italy (both considered to be well controlled).  The Royal Ship that has been sailing in Greece is not touching ports in Spain. 

The APEX started its cruise before in Greece, an area considered to be high risk.

Entry into both Spain and Italy is more tightly controlled than passengers flying into Greece.

Different itineraries can easily have different rules set by the country.

Take for example in the US when a ship comes into the US from an international start it cannot carry passengers for 14 days.

It could easily be conditions set by the Spanish government in order to let the ship in and sail.

The harmony sails from Barcelona like the Apex, the harmony stops in Spain like we do, and regarding Spain doing reasonably well is precisely my point, I just don’t see why they are different for one ship vs another if both have a mix pax, both sail from Spain, both port stop in Spain. 

And regarding the homeport 14 day issue that isn’t being discussed either nor is anyone being advised on this when we ask celebrity as non US residents/citizens 

I get the troubled times we are all in regarding travel but it’s the 14th of September and our cruise leaves on the 10th October and we are not being given straight answers therefor we are not sure this close to sailing if in fact we will actually be allowed on the ship and if we are if we’d be allowed to get off in Florida... 

if we are are not going to be allowed off in Florida so in theory won’t be allowed to board then just tell us, that we we can cancel knowing it’s a non starter anyway but we are not being told anything... this is obviously our main concern, we can live with the rest if indeed we can board the ship without worry! 

Personally i I don’t need any reason to not get off in ports as I love staying on the ship but the better half isn’t as boring as me! 😂 

11 hours ago, nocl said:

The Celebrity cruise and the Royal Caribbean cruises seem to be vastly different (other than they both start from 

Yes, but he is comparing it to protocols on Royal Caribbean cruises that have totally different itineraries.

there are any number of reasons why Spain might be treating the ships and itineraries differently. The Celebrity ship is coming from Greece prior to the start of the TA.  Some of the EU countries consider Greece to be high risk.

Spain, for example, does not allow unvaccinated travelers from the US to enter the country.  So are the vaccination requirements the same for both the Celebrity cruise and the Royal Caribbean cruises he is comparing it to?

I’m comparing the harmony from Barcelona & the Apex from Barcelona that both port I be Spain so not similar the same. 

Regarding vaccinations i can only speculate but id say celebrity are in a slightly better position... less kids/family’s 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

@MR_T  Did I miss it?  When is your actual cruise leaving?  Within certain dates you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance under Celebrity's Cruise With Confidence Program and get FCC.  No questions asked.  But not an actual refund of cash.  Unless Celebrity makes a specific refund announcement for a cruise (like in post#2).  Changing ports and itineraries and testing dates and all kinds of other changes now come all the time in these early days of cruising start-up.  Some depend on country requirements changing.  What we have to live with now.  We can either go anyway or cancel. We just cancelled an Alaska cruise due to the two day testing requirement and got FCC.

Our reasoning for the question is we don’t really want celebrity to have the cost of the cruise in their account as we are thinking of replacing the TA with an earlier Apex sailing making the 3rd Oct booking we have a B2B the other way so the 25th & 3rd instead of the 3rd & 10th, it’s too far to go to Europe for a 7 night cruise! 

We’d even do a straight swap for the 14 TA for the 25 th  sept 8 night cruise but even though it’s a similar cost they said a straight No! 

6 hours ago, MR_T said:

The harmony sails from Barcelona like the Apex, the harmony stops in Spain like we do, and regarding Spain doing reasonably well is precisely my point, I just don’t see why they are different for one ship vs another if both have a mix pax, both sail from Spain, both port stop in Spain. 

And regarding the homeport 14 day issue that isn’t being discussed either nor is anyone being advised on this when we ask celebrity as non US residents/citizens 

but the harmony is only sailing between Spain and Italy. Not going to any other country. Both a well controlled.

Apex is coming from Greece immediately prior to your cruise, a high risk country with minimal entrance restrictions.

From a covid perspective quite a difference between the two.

Are any passengers doing B2B from Greece. What is Spain requiring for passengers getting off coming from Greece?Can the crew get off at all coming from cruises in a High risk country.

Maybe if Apex spent a couple of weeks in Spain first, maybe they would get the same leeway as the Harmony.

Edited by nocl

We have just been notified that we can do our own thing in Spain and the Canary Islands now 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂  on the three sailings.

You couldn’t make this up if you tried!

Edited by downsmead
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, slewis7 said:

Celebrity is about as predictable as the weather.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  We will be in suspense until the last minute.

s you will not be in suspense until the last minute as opposed to being on the ship until the last minute!!! LOL

bon voyage

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, slewis7 said:

Celebrity is about as predictable as the weather.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  We will be in suspense until the last minute.

At least it is getting better  - warm weather and diy at the ports, plus the joys of the Silhouette. We sailed on her in July and the ship and crew were great.

So it looks like I’ll be able to get my refund after all 🤞🏻 but I think it’s more to do with the president’s proclamation vs anything else, as this is still in place with no sign of changing.

I’ll confirm once final decisions are made but as of now I’m very hopeful 🤞🏻