St. Kitts Possible Port Cancellations Going Forward...

Bo1953

I wouldn't fret too much about the CDC and the addition of St. Kitts.  Apart from Turks & Caicos, the D.R., St. Vincent, and Monserrat, the entire Caribbean (including all U.S. territory) is at level 4.  If St. Kitts becomes a larger issue than it is already, and it's tight there now, it will be because of St. Kitts and X.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The irony of course is that most of the ships are sailing out of Florida, which, if it were a foreign country, would qualify as a "Level 4 -- Do Not Travel" destination. 

The whole country is 4!

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html

As you can see, very little of the Caribbean isn't already there.

27 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The irony of course is that most of the ships are sailing out of Florida, which, if it were a foreign country, would qualify as a "Level 4 -- Do Not Travel" destination. 

you took the words right of my mouth, as Meatloaf once sang.  Can anyone blame these Islands for reconsidering cruise ship stops, esp as you note MOST emanate from FL?  They of course need and want the tourist dollars, but they want to protect their own citizens first as it should be.  All the whining of I can't stop here, I can't go there, what is Celebrity doing, just tell us already.  Time to stop it, this freakin virus is taking its time and doing what it wants to do.  Sure we all want to cruise or go on a vacation, I do, but it is a once in a lifetime pandemic.  OK off my soapbox now.  Cruise away.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not to be callous but if one departs from a Level 4 country and visits a Level 4 country, how is that fundamentally more dangerous than remaining at home?

Domestic travel is essentially unrestricted so why the onerous rules on cruising and other International travel, particularly to islands/countries with high vaccination rates?

I clearly understand why one would NOT want to go to say South Africa right now with only 2% vaxxed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

No, the cruise lines just need to ignore the CDC  alert levels as their a little aggressive on their parameters for fully vaccinated persons. 

... and what to do when those countries deny docking due to C-19 outbreaks either in their country or aboard?

Dock anyway???

bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

you took the words right of my mouth, as Meatloaf once sang.  Can anyone blame these Islands for reconsidering cruise ship stops, esp as you note MOST emanate from FL?  They of course need and want the tourist dollars, but they want to protect their own citizens first as it should be.  All the whining of I can't stop here, I can't go there, what is Celebrity doing, just tell us already.  Time to stop it, this freakin virus is taking its time and doing what it wants to do.  Sure we all want to cruise or go on a vacation, I do, but it is a once in a lifetime pandemic.  OK off my soapbox now.  Cruise away.

Nahhh, I want to hear more!!!

bon voyage

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

No, the cruise lines just need to ignore the CDC  alert levels as their a little aggressive on their parameters for fully vaccinated persons. 

Sure of course country X, get ready we are coming in like it or not.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Only if you are sailing with me....

bon voyage

Well if you treat me to a $5 gelato I will treat you to an AI premium beverage package vegan glass of wine, then we have a deal.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Well if you treat me to a $5 gelato I will treat you to an AI premium beverage package vegan glass of wine, then we have a deal.

How about I treat you to a double and we go off bp for a 'better' wine??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

What the Heck is a vegan glass of wine;-) 

LOL - many wine drinkers do not realize that a few mid- to low-level priced wines are 'fined' (read: finished and filtered) using cow bones or egg whites or shellfish or fish bladders or gelatin, to name a few... the use of these agents makes a wine not vegan as residue is left behind while trying to improve taste or appearance or to reduce tannin....

There are quite a few wines which use no animal derived, if any, fining agents at all and are wonderful on the palate...

😎

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

They should all welcome cruisers as their % of people vaccinated jumps up a bit and their #s can look better.

22 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Only if you are sailing with me....

bon voyage

Bo --- I wish I had you packed in my suitcase.   You would have loved St Kitts yesterday.    I think it was the safest Island we have visited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/14/2021 at 6:15 PM, Bo1953 said:

LOL - many wine drinkers do not realize that a few mid- to low-level priced wines are 'fined' (read: finished and filtered) using cow bones or egg whites or shellfish or fish bladders or gelatin, to name a few... the use of these agents makes a wine not vegan as residue is left behind while trying to improve taste or appearance or to reduce tannin....

There are quite a few wines which use no animal derived, if any, fining agents at all and are wonderful on the palate...

😎

Cheers and bon voyage

I was one of the many who are not aware of this, although I know that my sugar is not treated with bone.  

On 9/14/2021 at 9:15 PM, Bo1953 said:

😎

Cheers and bon voyage

This is actually an interesting topic in the wine industry. Simply put, if I age wine in an oak barrel, is 'oak' an ingredient in the wine? 

Extended from there, if I add something to the wine, and then remove all of what I added, did I actually add anything? 

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bo --- I wish I had you packed in my suitcase.   You would have loved St Kitts yesterday.    I think it was the safest Island we have visited.

JI - me??? Packed in your suitcase???

The airline fees for having overweight luggage would be more than what it would cost for you to just purchase me a cabin... an A-2 cabin... LOL

It does look beautiful, indeed. Have never been there but it is on the list of places to go...

Thank you for sharing, it has been a most wonderful blog written along with fantastic photos, too.

Continued safe sailing for you both and bon voyage

• Like 1