St. Kitts Possible Port Cancellations Going Forward...

Bo1953

10 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I was one of the many who are not aware of this, although I know that my sugar is not treated with bone.  

That is good you know this, as there are quite a few sugar brands that are, again leaving residue of the marrow in the product...

Well, I did not think that I would be providing this much info on vegan food and wines and other such here on CC...  😁

Maybe more info than what some may want or care about...

Cheers and bon voyage

10 hours ago, D C said:

This is actually an interesting topic in the wine industry. Simply put, if I age wine in an oak barrel, is 'oak' an ingredient in the wine? 

Extended from there, if I add something to the wine, and then remove all of what I added, did I actually add anything? 

Technically, there is oak in the wine as often times the taste or aroma or essence if pronounced enough is part of the profile...

If one adds anything to any food or beverage and then 'tried' to remove all of it, it is essentially impossible to do so as there will be some residue left behind. Maybe not perceptible to most people, yet there...

There are many things which cannot be 100%, yet we accept from 99% or skip altogether if it will cause a health issue, overall.

Cheers and bon voyage

9 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Technically, there is oak in the wine as often times the taste or aroma or essence if pronounced enough is part of the profile...

If one adds anything to any food or beverage and then 'tried' to remove all of it, it is essentially impossible to do so as there will be some residue left behind. Maybe not perceptible to most people, yet there...

There are many things which cannot be 100%, yet we accept from 99% or skip altogether if it will cause a health issue, overall.

Cheers and bon voyage

But there is only flavor from the oak, not oak.  🙂  Essentially anything over 1 micron in size is filtered out, including bacteria if a small enough filter size is used.

• Thanks 1

It’s interesting to me how many here fret over traveling to these level 4 countries when they already live in a level 4 state and have no issues getting in their vehicles and going to a public place.

To me it’s the same thing and if you’re vaccinated, wear a mask and keep social distancing as much as possible, no one should sweat about visiting a level 4 Caribbean island and getting off a ship and exploring.

Just practice safety first and enjoy yourself. No brainer

And if your not vaccinated and don’t wear a mask, then that risk is all on you

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

It’s interesting to me how many here fret over traveling to these level 4 countries when they already live in a level 4 state and have no issues getting in their vehicles and going to a public place.

To me it’s the same thing and if you’re vaccinated, wear a mask and keep social distancing as much as possible, no one should sweat about visiting a level 4 Caribbean island and getting off a ship and exploring.

Just practice safety first and enjoy yourself. No brainer

And if your not vaccinated and don’t wear a mask, then that risk is all on you

Exactly. In most cases, it's probably more dangerous at 'home' in the US.  That's where we're comfortable in our surroundings and go to the restaurant, bar, wedding, or other indoor event.  

Especially in the Caribbean, most excursions and activities are outdoors where risk is low even for unvaccinated, and interactions with tend to be with other vaccinated people. 

• Thanks 1