Just of Apex-Is This the Golden Age of Cruising?

zamgwar

On 9/17/2021 at 1:42 AM, AndyB said:

Could you share some details on your Viator excursions?  Which sights on which Islands?  Anything a newbie to Greece should know about them?  (planning for Edge Italy, Greece and Turkey next year) - thanks!!

maybe our report from the same cruise gives you some ideas…

On 9/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, zamgwar said:

Love to. Pre Cruise In Athens 8 of us booked a private tour thru viator, with a customized agenda. 

Both tours were highlights of our trip and well worth it. Both buses were Late Model Mercedes Mini Buses. Moving as a small group, with an itinerary we choose, was worth its weight in Gold.

John

Office of Satisfied Customers

The Zamgwar Institute 

Thanks so much for the detailed descriptions!

Mass market cruise ship without the masses, but with all the bells and whistles of the mass market cruise ship, sounds like a dream.

The cruise lines are trying to attract the millennials and GenXers, and apparently their marketing surveys tell them the older style small ships are not attractive to the next generation of cruisers.

New ships are trending more "edgy" (no pun intended), such as the Edge class ships, Virgin Voyages ships, and even the NCL Prima.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Or you just need to accept the new direction and sail EDGE, APEX and BEYOND.  Or another line.

We'll see - maybe I will like Apex more than I think I might.  But I really love the S and M class ships and hate to see them pushed to the back of the line so to speak.  Not ready to jump from Celebrity yet, although that doesn't mean I can't be frustrated with how things are going in some respects.  It's still a great time onboard and I love the staff.

15 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We'll see - maybe I will like Apex more than I think I might.  But I really love the S and M class ships and hate to see them pushed to the back of the line so to speak.  Not ready to jump from Celebrity yet, although that doesn't mean I can't be frustrated with how things are going in some respects.  It's still a great time onboard and I love the staff.

S-Class is my favorite by far and I enjoy M-Class too but find it a bit limited in offerings such as specialty dining.  I have sailed on EDGE and enjoyed it but did not do the infinite veranda thing.  Stayed in a suite.