Recent cruisers. Is RC still using RC swizzle sticks?

Ozark_Kid

I was on another thread that showed some beautiful ear rings made from RC swizzle sticks.  Has anyone noticed the swizzle sticks still being used onboard?  I would like to try to make some ear rings.

image.jpeg.4c989dbff3255ca9c6d6ac8a8f602919.jpegimage.jpeg.4c989dbff3255ca9c6d6ac8a8f602919.jpeg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 3

All I know their paper straws s..ks.  They don't last very long and break at the mid-point when I used for my Miami Vice drink  Used to ask for 2 straws at a time.

Next time I'll bring a bunch of plastic ones with me.😀

I picked up a boatload of various swizzle sticks a few years ago. I sold them in our shop in groups of 50 for 2 bucks. And I made a LOT of profit.

Plastic straws: 80 for a dollar at Dollar Tree. They're very nice and are quite long. I do rinse them out with a skinny bottle brush and re-use them several times.

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I picked up a boatload of various swizzle sticks a few years ago. I sold them in our shop in groups of 50 for 2 bucks. And I made a LOT of profit.

Plastic straws: 80 for a dollar at Dollar Tree. They're very nice and are quite long. I do rinse them out with a skinny bottle brush and re-use them several times.

The point is to NOT have any plastic straws on board not to bring your own.

5 minutes ago, poocher said:

The point is to NOT have any plastic straws on board not to bring your own.

Someone asked. I answered.

I need straws to drink cold drinks as my front teeth are very sensitive.

I don't like the paper straws. They end up tasting like spit balls we threw in 1st grade.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I haven't seen them in a while and they weren't on my FOTS cruise this past weekend, but you can buy them on eBay for cheap:

RCI Swizzle Sticks on Ebay

That's not a bad price. But then we would have to buy the earring backs, and drill them out and file off the rough edge from the stick. :classic_biggrin: For something that I wouldn't wear that often. 

They are cute! :classic_biggrin:

We used to make swizzle stick earrings and give them away as prizes at M&M type gatherings.  (We design and sell pearl jewelry, so we had all the stuff to make them.)  I once put together an instruction sheet for people who wanted to make their own too.  We haven't cruised in awhile, but I still have a good supply of swizzles and a few pairs of earrings!  

Judy

257400861_CandASwizzleStickearrings.jpg.49c7f651d0e12dcc203a3b0c15a80b65.jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Now that's some frugalness right there!

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Someone asked. I answered.

I need straws to drink cold drinks as my front teeth are very sensitive.

I don't like the paper straws. They end up tasting like spit balls we threw in 1st grade.

I don’t like the paper straws either but turtles don’t like the plastic ones up their nostrils.  If you must bring straws, there are plenty of reusable non-plastic alternatives.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want a copy of my instructions or want more info on making earrings.  I still have at least a hundred swizzle sticks, probably more.  I used to give my swizzle stick earrings, on sterling with gems of the sea on them of course, to the bar staff in the CL and DL for their wives, and they would give me a quid pro quo...like handfuls of swizzle sticks and mighty fine drinks!  I'm sad to know my supply has dried up now!  (but glad the drinks have not dried up...;-)

I'll take several pairs of earrings with us on our Jan 3 Adventure cruise and tell the people who get them that they are now valuable collector's items due to the fabulous plastic C&A swizzle being no longer available!:classic_tongue:

Judy

• Thanks 1