Recent cruisers. Is RC still using RC swizzle sticks?

Ozark_Kid

I asked today on the Freedom and they said they got rid of all of them. No more plastic. I guess I'll just have to get around to making my own out of sterling. I used to make these earrings and still have a stash of them, but none with just an anchor. There are several small anchors (hand cut) on the nautical earrings, but they're hard to see against the dark fabric. Maybe I'll get around to doing it by Christmas. 😆

Screenshot_20200120-170953_Messages.thumb.jpg.ad7b73cc39db47fd94e674db529298cb.jpg

Screenshot_20200120-170940_Messages.thumb.jpg.3403e9c2b0973be4ff3ecef0c83c7637.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I asked today on the Freedom and they said they got rid of all of them. No more plastic. I guess I'll just have to get around to making my own out of sterling. I used to make these earrings and still have a stash of them, but none with just an anchor. There are several small anchors (hand cut) on the nautical earrings, but they're hard to see against the dark fabric. Maybe I'll get around to doing it by Christmas. 😆

Screenshot_20200120-170953_Messages.thumb.jpg.ad7b73cc39db47fd94e674db529298cb.jpg

Screenshot_20200120-170940_Messages.thumb.jpg.3403e9c2b0973be4ff3ecef0c83c7637.jpg

FUN! I took a beading class years ago and found it to be quite easy and fun to do. However, I don't remember too much and would need a refresher class. You do nice work. 

On 9/14/2021 at 11:40 PM, nelblu said:

All I know their paper straws s..ks.  They don't last very long and break at the mid-point when I used for my Miami Vice drink  Used to ask for 2 straws at a time.

Next time I'll bring a bunch of plastic ones with me.😀

When paper straws started becoming a reality I bought some telescopic straws that attach to my handbags , and a bunch of solid plastic ones at home, especially for the frozen cocktails, the paper ones just are not man enough! 

19 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

FUN! I took a beading class years ago and found it to be quite easy and fun to do. However, I don't remember too much and would need a refresher class. You do nice work. 

Thanks. These are hand cut sterling silver with the settings for the rhinestones and other pieces such as the airplane parts are soldered together. There are a few pieces that I would buy such as the small stars since I was cutting so many and the top part of the music earrings. Texas, Christmas trees, beer mugs, candy canes, etc are all hand cut. I used to sell them in a shop on LBI, but I can’t remember the name of it. It was about 26 years ago.

I originally wanted some airplane earrings because of Mike and I like fun things. I couldn’t find anything that was made of silver or gold. My ears get infected with other metals. A friend saw them and wanted to know if I could make some nautical ones for her mom. The one with the life ring and anchors is what she wanted and that’s how my business started. The photos don’t do them justice. They look a little washed out. Eventually I’ll get around to making me some larger anchor earrings.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, luckyinpa said:

so they use paper for even the frozen drinks?  

also curious about the research during the past year showing how  much not cruising helped the turtles etc . also how clear the waters are without carnival dumping 🙂

Yes they use them also for frozen drinks. I haven’t had any trouble with them falling apart. Maybe if someone kept trying to stir a frozen drink it might bend it. 🤷🏼‍♀️  I had a drink that was almost still full sit in the room for over an hour and when I came back the straw was still perfectly good. I really don’t know what others are doing to make them fall apart.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:25 AM, foxgoodrich said:

We used to make swizzle stick earrings and give them away as prizes at M&M type gatherings.  (We design and sell pearl jewelry, so we had all the stuff to make them.)  I once put together an instruction sheet for people who wanted to make their own too.  We haven't cruised in awhile, but I still have a good supply of swizzles and a few pairs of earrings!  

Judy

257400861_CandASwizzleStickearrings.jpg.49c7f651d0e12dcc203a3b0c15a80b65.jpg

Love those!!!!

On 9/15/2021 at 8:54 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Ouch. You women are a tough bunch. 😉I use to wear a stud and sometimes a small hoop.