Jump to content

Unable to get thru to CELEBRITY…….


mafw
 Share

Recommended Posts

My travel agent was on hold for 2.5 hours inquiring about military discount for me. They would not refare but gave me $100 onboard credit. Hard to understand unless they layed  off most reps. Welcome to 2021, the year of poor service almost everywhere. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mafw said:

I have spent many HOURS on hold only to be disconnected…..Sent numerous emails…never answered to take advantage of the 20%…….EMAGINE IF AN EMERGENCY?…..

I understand the frustration...

 

Sounds like you booked direct to X? Have you tried emailing/calling your advisor so they know what you are trying to achieve?

 

If your sailing/cabin/class of service is on sale, have you tried putting a 24 hour hold on a cabin and possibly have the ability to apply it your current cabin???

 

Just a few ideas to help over the hump until you can get through, as there must lots and lots and lots of people calling in...

 

I think they may have a 24 hour operation going for reservations, if that works for you...

 

good luck and bon voyage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, mafw said:

I have spent many HOURS on hold only to be disconnected…..Sent numerous emails…never answered to take advantage of the 20%…….EMAGINE IF AN EMERGENCY?…..

 

Not sure why but I've found that 8:30am ET has been the best time for me to call. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mafw said:

I have spent many HOURS on hold only to be disconnected…..Sent numerous emails…never answered to take advantage of the 20%…….EMAGINE IF AN EMERGENCY?…..

We phoned the UK office today as we had a problem booking using our CC numbers after about 10 minutes on hold I was patched through to Miami. Another 5 minutes in hold and the call was answered, cruise booked and money spent. I guess a total of around 20 minutes. We used the chat function on a recent RCI booking, which worked fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I held for 2 hours also, with nothing happening.  I called the customer service number 1-800-556-8209 on the cell while keeping on holding on the land line (Captains Club) and got through to them in 20 minutes.  This was at 2PM Pacific time.  I got my lower price.  It took about an hour, as Jennifer had to call someone else and wait for them.  At the end of the whole transaction, the land line was still thanking me for my patience!  We feel service has disappeared everywhere, not just Celebrity, because of COVID. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I just got lucky but I called Celebrity this morning after receiving the email about the cancelled Solstice sailings.  I was on hold for about 10 minutes before talking with a rep.   It took about 10 minutes to accomplish what I needed but all told it was quick and painless.   The # I called is 1 (888) 751-7804.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I’ll be very tacky and just say, “That’s why I use a TA. I ask them to check on whatever and they are the ones who have to get through’. 

 

Yes, tacky and of no help for the OP right now.

 

Den

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

*Just my opinion and this is not all companies*

Companies are using poor service as a cost savings. They trimmed staff because of Covid and realized that people will put up with it. I don't believe most companies that say they just can't find workers. If you are a good company to work for, pay a good wage with benefits, you will get employees. Especially customer service where folks can work from home.

*End of rant*

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I held for 2 hours also, with nothing happening.  I called the customer service number 1-800-556-8209 on the cell while keeping on holding on the land line (Captains Club) and got through to them in 20 minutes.  This was at 2PM Pacific time.  I got my lower price.  It took about an hour, as Jennifer had to call someone else and wait for them.  At the end of the whole transaction, the land line was still thanking me for my patience!  We feel service has disappeared everywhere, not just Celebrity, because of COVID. 


Thanks to TeaBag’s advice on an earlier thread, I called the 1-800-556-8209 around 1.30 ET on Saturday and got an agent within five minutes. Was able to book the Apex  December 11, sailing, it’s  9 nights and we’re so looking forward to cruising again…👍🙂👍

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jetblue is the worst right now for unreasonably long wait times. At least my recent experience. I just gave up and based on this experience and my current aggravation, no more booking with jetblue!  🤬

 

Monday I called the Captains Club approximately 1:30 PM MST and was on hold less than eight minutes. 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also am having difficulty getting through to Celebrity unless I'm booking a new reservation or did not use a travel agent. For those of you who say I should ask my TA for the answers-it seems like a waste of time for me especially when one question/answear may lead to another. Also, my TA was on hold for almost an hour straightening out issues with my reservation. I prefer to handle detail oriented questions on my own. 

 

I understand everyone is short handed but it would be nice if the regular Celebrity reps you can get in touch with immediately would answer your questions. It's like you're being punished for using a travel agent. 

 

A little frustrated. Thankful for a speakerphone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, molemaui said:

I also am having difficulty getting through to Celebrity unless I'm booking a new reservation or did not use a travel agent. For those of you who say I should ask my TA for the answers-it seems like a waste of time for me especially when one question/answear may lead to another. Also, my TA was on hold for almost an hour straightening out issues with my reservation. I prefer to handle detail oriented questions on my own. 

 

I understand everyone is short handed but it would be nice if the regular Celebrity reps you can get in touch with immediately would answer your questions. It's like you're being punished for using a travel agent. 

 

A little frustrated. Thankful for a speakerphone. 

To be sure, were X to allow everyone who did not book with them access for the proverbial 'one question' which can frequently turn into several requests and other questions, etc., denies those who booked direct from getting prompt access to the agents. So I cannot blame them for sending us back to our agents of record.

 

X pays TA's to answer questions or get answers on our behalf AND were one wants to handle details on their own, then they need to consider booking direct in order to do so effectively and efficiently for their needs and desires and to heck with any 'potential' additional perks we may receive by using a TA.

 

Sometimes I use a TA and sometimes I do not. When I do, I send a list of questions and concerns I expect them to follow-up on. How long they have to wait on the phone matters not to me, they took the booking, will get paid, I want the answers/response in return.

 

Just my thoughts, to be sure.

 

Good luck and bon voyage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 1:44 PM, Denny01 said:

I guess I’ll be very tacky and just say, “That’s why I use a TA. I ask them to check on whatever and they are the ones who have to get through’. 

 

Yes, tacky and of no help for the OP right now.

 

Den

Sad to say, I use one of the big online cruise selling websites and they are much, much worse than Celebrity.  We have booked dozens of cruises with them but the service has been so horrendous that for now we are only booking direct until we can find a good TA.  Got a lot of perks over the years (extra OBC, specialty dinners, etc..) but just can't justify staying with them anymore.  And as it is, their current perks are next to nothing anyway.....so if you have a good TA they can definitely be an advantage.  The kind we had/have - definitely a disadvantage.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 12:44 PM, Denny01 said:

I guess I’ll be very tacky and just say, “That’s why I use a TA. I ask them to check on whatever and they are the ones who have to get through’. 

 

Yes, tacky and of no help for the OP right now.

 

Den

Yes, but maybe the OP will take our advice and use a TA next time.

 

A day or two ago I just e-mailed my TA to get the 20% promo.  It took me all of 10 seconds.  My TA did the leg work and sent me the invoice the next morning with the savings.  It does not get any easier than that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, Mike981 said:

*Just my opinion and this is not all companies*

Companies are using poor service as a cost savings. They trimmed staff because of Covid and realized that people will put up with it. I don't believe most companies that say they just can't find workers. If you are a good company to work for, pay a good wage with benefits, you will get employees. Especially customer service where folks can work from home.

*End of rant*

I certainly agree that what you say is at least half of the problem.  Sadly, right now people have no choice but to put up with it if they want to travel.  But we all have long memories.  I, for one, will never book with my old TA again after the abysmal service they have provided me after being a loyal customer for many years, with dozens of cruises booked with them.  I expected lesser service.  I cannot accept the complete lack of service I have been receiving lately.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was very happy when my original TA told me she took back my booking from the other TA.  Original TA us not perfect but she has an idea what I want.*

 

*But I wish my TA had jumped on this fare sale and gotten me a discount.  Ugh.  😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I certainly agree that what you say is at least half of the problem.  Sadly, right now people have no choice but to put up with it if they want to travel.  But we all have long memories.  I, for one, will never book with my old TA again after the abysmal service they have provided me after being a loyal customer for many years, with dozens of cruises booked with them.  I expected lesser service.  I cannot accept the complete lack of service I have been receiving lately.


Agree and I'm sorry it has turned out that way for you. Sadly, this is not just in the travel sector.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, mafw said:

I have spent many HOURS on hold only to be disconnected…..Sent numerous emails…never answered to take advantage of the 20%…….EMAGINE IF AN EMERGENCY?…..

Many people seem to say the same thing about wait times.  I spent 18 minutes on hold and was able to get the new fare reductions applied to two cruises.  Tough times for all businesses in the face-to-face service industry, they have all lost so much staff, and many of the ones still working are barraged with angry customers, thru no fault of their own.  What kind of emergency would you be calling Celebrity for?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Sad to say, I use one of the big online cruise selling websites and they are much, much worse than Celebrity.  We have booked dozens of cruises with them but the service has been so horrendous that for now we are only booking direct until we can find a good TA.  Got a lot of perks over the years (extra OBC, specialty dinners, etc..) but just can't justify staying with them anymore.  And as it is, their current perks are next to nothing anyway.....so if you have a good TA they can definitely be an advantage.  The kind we had/have - definitely a disadvantage.

I know who you're talking about.  I left a message once for them to call me as I wanted to add a B2B in my same cabin.  They didn't call back for 3 days and you know the end of the story.  My cabin was gone.  I, too have left them and wish I could tell you where I have gone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, davekathy said:

Jetblue is the worst right now for unreasonably long wait times. At least my recent experience. I just gave up and based on this experience and my current aggravation, no more booking with jetblue!  🤬

 

Monday I called the Captains Club approximately 1:30 PM MST and was on hold less than eight minutes. 

Off-topic, but I had to call Air Canada for a friend, the earliest scheduled call-back was 6 days later!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not just a celebrity issue, agree there.  I have a friend who works for a big outdoor company and they have been trying to hire new online/phone support for over 2 years.  It is work from home and full benefits and 20 and hour right now.  No or few takers.  Its not all companies blaming covid overall, its many just do not want to go back to work at this point.  I was happy I was able to keep my job and transfer to work from home now.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 2:44 PM, Denny01 said:

I guess I’ll be very tacky and just say, “That’s why I use a TA. I ask them to check on whatever and they are the ones who have to get through’. 

 

Yes, tacky and of no help for the OP right now.

 

Den

Hi Den

 

i use a TA also but they are having trouble getting through, I got lucky and they did mine in a day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...