Celebrity won't take questions about their website if using a TA (no cruise planner)

zitsky

To me this is a funny one.  I understand why they won't talk about reservations.  But I tried to report a problem with their website and they wouldn't even talk to me.  I'm not sure if I'm mad at Celebrity or my TA.  I used the chat feature which got me someone pretty quickly but they couldn't or wouldn't help.

Same.  We are traveling on the Edge on 10/2.  I have tried to book excursions in Roatan but when I log on it says it is an "at sea" day.  I really think the port is probably canceled but I can't get any technical help or answers when I call them for the information.  Maybe I will try the Chat feature as well.

I think calling would be a better way for website issues as most, if not all of the agents on chat are reservations only.

Plus, they know who you are and try to distance themselves until you actually set foot on a ship... LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

1 minute ago, DawnH said:

Same.  We are traveling on the Edge on 10/2.  I have tried to book excursions in Roatan but when I log on it says it is an "at sea" day.  I really think the port is probably canceled but I can't get any technical help or answers when I call them for the information.  Maybe I will try the Chat feature as well.

I'm on this cruise also.  Roatan is not cancelled, but it's backed up 1 day (now day 3).  Costa Maya is cancelled.  The online planner might be out of sync.  

1 minute ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

I'm on this cruise also.  Roatan is not cancelled, but it's backed up 1 day (now day 3).  Costa Maya is cancelled.  The online planner might be out of sync.  

Oh, that makes sense.  Thanks for the information.  Now to figure out how to get it back in sync.  lol

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I think calling would be a better way for website issues as most, if not all of the agents on chat are reservations only.

Plus, they know who you are and try to distance themselves until you actually set foot on a ship... LOL

bon voyage

If they know who *I* am, won't they hang up?  🤔

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DawnH said:

In my experience, Celebrity is happy to talk with me about excursions even when I have a TA. I just say up front that I let my TA handle the complicated financials/reservations and I like to plan the fun part. They're usually fine with that and will discuss excursions and booking them. I would just give Celebrity a call. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DawnH said:

We are on the 10/16  sailing and the Roatan excursions are showing.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

To me this is a funny one.  I understand why they won't talk about reservations.  But I tried to report a problem with their website and they wouldn't even talk to me.  I'm not sure if I'm mad at Celebrity or my TA.  I used the chat feature which got me someone pretty quickly but they couldn't or wouldn't help.

I have talked to the Shore Excursion people twice in the past 2 weeks.  Called the main #, selected the prompt  (1?) travel partner or booked with TA, then individual or group reservation, then when I got a rep I asked if they could please connect me with someone in shore excursions. The said certainly and I got to them with no hold time.  I may not have the exact wording correct but I followed the menu and avoided anything that sounded like it would lead to a reservation agent 

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you sure it was a person and not a chat bot?  Maybe the chat bot saw that you were logged into your account, checked to see if you use a TA, and then referred you back to the TA when those two conditions = true.

3 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

Are you sure it was a person and not a chat bot?  Maybe the chat bot saw that you were logged into your account, checked to see if you use a TA, and then referred you back to the TA when those two conditions = true.

Not a chat Bot --- Celebrity was trying out a vendors program for Real Cruisers (me and about 12 others) were behind the pop up window and we were called advocates and were told not to gloss over issues and tell the caller our real feelings.    Maybe thats why they dropped the program.   Problem was Celebrity would not give us access to many of their assets.    We were actually competing with their CS reps.  

When asked we would advise people not to upgrade to Concierge because there was no concierge or really any benefits except marketing.   We told it like it is. 

So---- I was one of those Bots..... LOL

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not a chat Bot --- Celebrity was trying out a vendors program for Real Cruisers (me and about 12 others) were behind the pop up window and we were called advocates and were told not to gloss over issues and tell the caller our real feelings.    Maybe thats why they dropped the program.   Problem was Celebrity would not give us access to many of their assets.    We were actually competing with their CS reps.  

When asked we would advise people not to upgrade to Concierge because there was no concierge or really any benefits except marketing.   We told it like it is. 

Creepy that Cruise Critic is allowing chat bots to register with fake profiles.  🤣

(Mods this is a joke.)

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for explaining.  Haven’t a clue what you’re talking about, but I’ll take your word for it. 😁

No further explanation necessary because you really need to get back to your cruise!!!

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Haha 1