Jump to content

CANCEL & REBOOK EXCURSIONS WITH OBC???


elaineb
 Share

Recommended Posts

Now that my son has a large OBC, can he cancel already paid excursions and then rebook using his OBC?  He is just worried that if he does that, the excursions he picked might be already full.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

Now that my son has a large OBC, can he cancel already paid excursions and then rebook using his OBC?  He is just worried that if he does that, the excursions he picked might be already full.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks!

Have him do it the other way, make the same bookings with the OBC, and if they go through, then cancel the paid ones. As far as I know, the booking system won't reject the duplicate excursions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Have him do it the other way, make the same bookings with the OBC, and if they go through, then cancel the paid ones. As far as I know, the booking system won't reject the duplicate excursions.

In my experience the system won’t let you do it this way as the planner will say you have a conflict.  That being said I have done what the OP is suggesting many times with no problems.  You can cancel and rebook within seconds.  
 

I suppose you could also call and do this with a live person.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've done it many times with excursions, spa appointments, dining reservations, etc. If he is that worried, he can have two windows open, one for cancelling and the other with the rebook queued up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Josie201 said:

In my experience the system won’t let you do it this way as the planner will say you have a conflict.  That being said I have done what the OP is suggesting many times with no problems.  You can cancel and rebook within seconds.  
 

I suppose you could also call and do this with a live person.  

Well, now I know! 😊  It's amazing how efficient the computer system can be, just when you wish it wasn't!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I booked excursions about 2 weeks ago for our Oct 1st cruise. Then Celebrity offered 20% off excursions. I tried to cancel online, like I have in the past. I dont know why, but Celebrity app made me call a 1-800 number to cancel. Then rebooked online. I hope this is not the new normal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, elaineb said:

Now that my son has a large OBC, can he cancel already paid excursions and then rebook using his OBC?  He is just worried that if he does that, the excursions he picked might be already full.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks!

I did exactly that on Saturday.  No problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I booked excursions about 2 weeks ago for our Oct 1st cruise. Then Celebrity offered 20% off excursions. I tried to cancel online, like I have in the past. I dont know why, but Celebrity app made me call a 1-800 number to cancel. Then rebooked online. I hope this is not the new normal.

 

I cancelled an excursion online just yesterday. No telling what happened with your situation. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never had a problem doing this as long as you are still far enough away from sailing to still be able to make changes (48 hours?).

 

Did it only last week in fact, and on some cruises I ended up doing it 3 or 4 times as the prices changed and OBC got added. .

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I called for my son & got his excursions cancelled & rebooked with his OBC.  I just didn't want to spend another 90 minutes waiting in the queue.  But luckily it was only a 10 minute wait for excursions.  His OBC covered all but $18 of his excursions so I threw that in.  Now the only thing he is paying for is Le Petit Chef.  Pretty good deal!

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...