Final payment at 30 days and children testing

So, final payment now 30 days out, rapid tests verse PCR For children,

PCR test is the gold standard, where is the science to keep safe behind now allowing a rapid test for in unvaccinated children….

These are all economic decisions, since the industry is sinking due to lack of bookings and cancellations due to protocols.

As a TA all I see is requests for refunds after the protocols are issued.

if your OK with the current stuff, great, enjoy the limited capacity driven by demand….the ships will be getting less and less occupied.

stay safe all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The unvaccinated children will still be getting a PCR test at boarding.

I see the 30 day final payment as more of a PR thing, as ALOT of people are already past final payment (anything prior to mid December has already made FP)

My Christmas cruise is not due until Oct 10th.  I don't care will pay it off at the original final payment date as we know 100% we will go. 

50 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The unvaccinated children will still be getting a PCR test at boarding.

I see the 30 day final payment as more of a PR thing, as ALOT of people are already past final payment (anything prior to mid December has already made FP)

So under 5 will get tested at boarding...Will they then also get a test at end of cruise onboard and can this be used to fly home day of cruise end? We don't cruise until end of April 2022 so I know things may change by then.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

So under 5 will get tested at boarding...Will they then also get a test at end of cruise onboard and can this be used to fly home day of cruise end? We don't cruise until end of April 2022 so I know things may change by then.

ALL unvaccinated children over the age of 2 get a PCR test at boarding, for itineraries longer than 5 days, these same kids will get tested again near the end of the journey.

• Like 1

This is the information regarding the 30 day final payment.  This policy is only for cruises sailing from October 1 thru December 2021.

Additionally, we understand that final payment deadlines for many of your clients sailing in 2021 may be quickly approaching. So, to grant a little more time and flexibility, the final payment due date on sailings departing between October 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021, will now have until 30 days prior to sailing to submit full payment

3 hours ago, shippmates said:

This is the information regarding the 30 day final payment.  This policy is only for cruises sailing from October 1 thru December 2021.

Additionally, we understand that final payment deadlines for many of your clients sailing in 2021 may be quickly approaching. So, to grant a little more time and flexibility, the final payment due date on sailings departing between October 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021, will now have until 30 days prior to sailing to submit full payment

It it’s a hollow sentiment. Anyone sailing before Dec 13 or so has already made final payment. This only applies to 2 or 3 weeks worth of cruises. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

ALL unvaccinated children over the age of 2 get a PCR test at boarding, for itineraries longer than 5 days, these same kids will get tested again near the end of the journey.

Yes...thanks....but my question is also will paper work be provided at the end of cruise and be applicable to a flight home cruise end day?

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...thanks....but my question is also will paper work be provided at the end of cruise and be applicable to a flight home cruise end day?

Yes, if you require a test be done to fly home they will accommodate the whole family, not just the children.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It it’s a hollow sentiment. Anyone sailing before Dec 13 or so has already made final payment. This only applies to 2 or 3 weeks worth of cruises. 

I guess it's a present for the holiday cruisers.  Probably trying to prevent them from canceling in next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes, if your home country requires a test upon return. Royal will do it; of course this isn’t applicable to US citizens. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes, if your home country requires a test upon return. Royal will do it; of course this isn’t applicable to US citizens. 

So not applicable to us .... arriving into PC and flying back home to SoCal.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I guess it's a present for the holiday cruisers.  Probably trying to prevent them from canceling in next couple of weeks.

Except, many of them are likely booked via a TA, who typically demand final payments much earlier and who may not take this new final payment deadline in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

So, what does the new final payment mean for price drops? Will Royal issue refunds instead of OBC if final payment has been made already for a mid December cruise until 30 days before sailing?

Technically they should issue refund but we all know whenever rules get changed there is always some confusion.

1 hour ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

Will Royal issue refunds instead of OBC if final payment has been made already for a mid December cruise until 30 days before sailing?

This may depend on how much you want to fight with RCI over it. Just take the OBC, cash it out on board and save yourself the hassle.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This may depend on how much you want to fight with RCI over it. Just take the OBC, cash it out on board and save yourself the hassle.

Oh, that's what I'm planning on doing - was just curious. Have already gotten $400 refund since we booked in August due to price drops.

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And circumstances with the pandemic can change quickly these days, so if some can wait till a month before for final payment, they just might cruise.  I upgraded my cabin yesterday for December, and paid it off anyway.  I am going if the ship is sailing.  🙂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, shippmates said:

it's too late. Our FP was due in August for our Thanksgiving cruise.

And if kid vaccines get approved at the end of October and RCI makes them mandatory, we'll have to cancel our cruise anyway.

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

that is a very belated present - we already paid a month ago.

The current prices for our cruise remain sky high, way more than what we paid (L&S).

I do find it very silly for Royal to announce this decreased final payment date for sailings from 10.01 thru 12.31    there is 2 or 3 weeks worth of sailings in December that can take advantage of this timeline.     Oh well, I guess nothing should surprise any of us anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do find it very silly for Royal to announce this decreased final payment date for sailings from 10.01 thru 12.31    there is 2 or 3 weeks worth of sailings in December that can take advantage of this timeline.     Oh well, I guess nothing should surprise any of us anymore.

It worked out well for me (2 out of 3).  That's all that counts!  😁

P.S.  It also helps anyone now booking 2021 cruises that are more than 30 days out.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1