Final payment at 30 days and children testing

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It worked out well for me (2 out of 3).  That's all that counts!  😁

P.S.  It also helps anyone now booking 2021 cruises that are more than 30 days out.

True, I didn't look at that way.     I imagine there are a lot of people still "on the fence" about whether or not to book a holiday cruise and prefer to wait and see where covid cases are in a couple of months.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

So not applicable to us .... arriving into PC and flying back home to SoCal.

I'm just hoping our under 5 won't need a test to fly home or that RCI will let us pay for his onboard. We will be in a time crunch to get off the ship and get to MCO for our flight home. Maybe by May 1, 2022 our travel home date things will be easier to manage.

One question...does this push the check in date out?  And if not, do you need to make final payment in order to select a port arrival time?  Last week for our xmas cruise I noticed that the App listed Sept 25 as check in date, but now the app shows check in is closed.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm just hoping our under 5 won't need a test to fly home or that RCI will let us pay for his onboard. We will be in a time crunch to get off the ship and get to MCO for our flight home. Maybe by May 1, 2022 our travel home date things will be easier to manage.

You don't need a test to fly back to So Cal if yours is a North American embarkation

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You don't need a test to fly back to So Cal if yours is a North American embarkation

Thank you so much...so confused about all this....appreciate your clarity.

9 hours ago, LuCruise said:

does this push the check in date out?  And if not, do you need to make final payment in order to select a port arrival time? 

It should not affect either of those.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It should not affect either of those.

We had already checked in for our Nov 28 and Dec 5 cruises at the 90 day point and final payment had already been made.  Now, our check in info is gone and it says "unavailable" and that they will notify us by email when we can check in.  Seriously?  You have our money and we were able to print boarding passes and now you take it back?  So, it did affect our check in date and everyone on our roll calls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Seriously? 

I guess RCI IT found a way to screw up something that it should have not touched. Or, RCI is moving all check ins to only 30 days out and took this opportunity to change that policy. 

Biker, whose check in inside 90 days was also “erased”. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

Check  in for our Xmas cruise was Sept 25. Now I'm looking at the app and it says Nov 9th. So guess they moved it out to 45 days before.  But not clear if this mean you can check in before paying it off (since final payment is now 30 days)

On 9/15/2021 at 8:38 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

It it’s a hollow sentiment. Anyone sailing before Dec 13 or so has already made final payment. This only applies to 2 or 3 weeks worth of cruises. 

We just booked December, so it applied to those booking now.

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I wonder if the 30 day for final payment means that if you cancel a mid November cruise before 30 days you would get a refund instead of a FCC

Someone on a group reported a price drop got them a refund since it was still before 30 days even though they had made final payment at 90 days before the change, so I would think maybe you could cancel for a refund up to 30 days now.

• Like 3

I was wondering why my check in information disappeared.  Hope I don’t have to do it all over again.

This final payment information is a bit late.  Personally I think in these covid times that this should have been the way it was from the restart. It might have given people more confidence to cruise as protocols change.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 11:49 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that is a very belated present - we already paid a month ago.

The current prices for our cruise remain sky high, way more than what we paid (L&S).

some present...

I checked yesterday out of caution, and even though we made our final payment for our Nov cruise back in August, it appears that we now owe almost $400 due on or before October 22. Or else.

I emailed RCI right away, but it will take time to respond. And I don't have 4 hours to be on hold to call them.