Jump to content

Rediculous Cruise Pricing


Calnev1
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

We set up a casino account on our second Carnival cruise and I think they didn't link it up to our VIFP numbers or something because we have never seen the rates. I assumed it was because we didn't play enough on that cruise but seeing others who barely gamble I wonder if it was just missed.  Is there a casino group number I can call instead of the regular 800 number? Do I need a good PVP?

I wish I could refer my PVP to you, she's great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

We set up a casino account on our second Carnival cruise and I think they didn't link it up to our VIFP numbers or something because we have never seen the rates. I assumed it was because we didn't play enough on that cruise but seeing others who barely gamble I wonder if it was just missed.  Is there a casino group number I can call instead of the regular 800 number? Do I need a good PVP?

Hi Annie, I called the casino line at #1-866-299-5859. They were very helpful back in June. I cancelled Oct./Glory and rebooked ValorB2B for 10 days July 2022.

Forgot to mention, just ask if they have your family's VIFP numbers in the Players Club. Maybe they'll offer something now or at least get you on their mailing list.

Edited by mondello
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just canceled my ncl 12/26 to book 11/27 8 day horizon. Cove balcony was only $999.72 for 2 the interior was only $379 total for 2. Booked the cove balcony, no brainer.

 

was on horizon 8/21 so back again!

Edited by Shakatime
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mondello said:

Hi Annie, I called the casino line at #1-866-299-5859. They were very helpful back in June. I cancelled Oct./Glory and rebooked ValorB2B for 10 days July 2022.

Forgot to mention, just ask if they have your family's VIFP numbers in the Players Club. Maybe they'll offer something now or at least get you on their mailing list.

Thanks Mondello. I will give that a try!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, living in the landlocked interior west and with an imminent booking, I didn't get any of the truly unbelievable offers that some of you are seeing.  But I'm not complaining:  Early this year, just as it looked like we would be able to get vaccinated and we were all down in the dumps and needed something happy to look forward to, we took a flier on an October cruise on the Vista.  The fare was about $1950 for my family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers sardined into an oceanview cabin, which felt like a pretty good deal for a mostly-inclusive week-long vacation.  I also bought cruise insurance with an "Abort for any reason" rider since I didn't know what would happen with the pandemic.  After reading some of these threads, I checked and the price has fallen by over 50%, and I saw that with our VIFP numbers we could get the 4 of us in 2 rooms (one oceanview and one with portholes) for about $1650 all-in if we had booked today.  My travel agency has not been easy to reach this week, but I finally talked to someone today and she was able to get us this very combination, and we get the difference of $300 in onboard credit.  Yes, please.  Meanwhile, I'm glad I stayed with my tiny portfolio of Carnival stock instead of buying enough shares to get the shareholder OBC because at these fares, I think it will be a while before they pay a dividend.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 10:17 PM, Calnev1 said:

I’ve just noticed that Carnival is offering me some ridiculously low cruise pricing for cruises out of LA the next three and a half months.   Many of these cruises (under offer code P5Y) are $25 pp for interior, $50 for ocean view, and $100 for balcony cabins.  The offer includes 3 day, 4 day, and even 7 day cruises.

 

Yes, I get good casino offers from time to time, even though I am not a big gambler.   But this P5Y offer is styled as a VFIP offer, with no mention of the casino or any casino perks.  This pricing actually makes me nervous for Carnival going forward!

I imagine you are getting these incredible offers in part because lots of people traveling with young children, unvaxed, etc on sailings in the next few months were bumped, so they have many rooms to fill on short notice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got an email about a casino rate (we're not huge gamblers) flash sale last week for a 14 day out of Long Beach early next year. I booked a GS quickly (last one left) because of the ridiculous price. The day after the sale, Insides were only a few hundred less than what we booked. 

Worth taking a gamble that 14 day cruises will be allowed by then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 8:06 PM, mbglib said:

I have been on 22 Carnival cruises and no low rates (like those anyway) for me. 😞

 

I don't think we get these rates because we have already proved that we will sail repeatedly without these insane offers. I sure would like one of those emails though!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Woodfaerie said:

I don't think we get these rates because we have already proved that we will sail repeatedly without these insane offers. I sure would like one of those emails though!

That’s exactly what it is …. Targeted marketing. .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Woodfaerie said:

I don't think we get these rates because we have already proved that we will sail repeatedly without these insane offers. I sure would like one of those emails though!

I think they think they got me too, so dont bother sending me offers. Turns a lot like me off when they see so many getting cheaper prices. 

 

Waiting ..I can go last minute. Pick me pick me.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, if I book one of these $10pp cruises, do I still have a right to complain how the buffet has gone downhill? 

RU2 code I can't use because there are 3 of us?

Can't even convince my DW to go at Christmas, 8 day/$200pp.

Someday my ship will come in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 1:06 PM, mondello said:

Hi Annie, I called the casino line at #1-866-299-5859. They were very helpful back in June. I cancelled Oct./Glory and rebooked ValorB2B for 10 days July 2022.

Forgot to mention, just ask if they have your family's VIFP numbers in the Players Club. Maybe they'll offer something now or at least get you on their mailing list.

 

I called finally and they were not able to help. The person I spoke to said all they could see was whether we had any casino offers, which we don't. She said there are no separate players club accounts, it's just your VIFP number and they can't see any history, we'd have to contact the ocean club to see about that. 

 

Either we didn't play enough (likely - we didn't play a lot, and only did so on our short Sensation cruise), or we did something wrong. Perhaps on the Legend I will play a bit and ask the casino hosts more about all this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

 

I called finally and they were not able to help. The person I spoke to said all they could see was whether we had any casino offers, which we don't. She said there are no separate players club accounts, it's just your VIFP number and they can't see any history, we'd have to contact the ocean club to see about that. 

 

Either we didn't play enough (likely - we didn't play a lot, and only did so on our short Sensation cruise), or we did something wrong. Perhaps on the Legend I will play a bit and ask the casino hosts more about all this.

I played a little on a machine and you can watch how many pts they award you. I tried to hot 100 but it was time for dinner, so didnt quite make it.

 

I just feed the bandit that last night, too little too late. 

 

One more carnival for me in a couple of weeks and I'm probably out of everyone's hair. I'm not paying full priced when seems like most others aren't.   One little b2b booked and I'm gone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I see a P5Y offer on a cruise for Thanksgiving under my VIFP number but not my wife's. We need 2 rooms to bring our kids.  This happened a few years ago and my PVP was able to override this and take payment.

 

Any thoughts if this is still a possibility or are these deals to special to allow that?
 

Edited by chrpai
clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, chrpai said:

I see a P5Y offer on a cruise for Thanksgiving under my VIFP number but not my wife's. We need 2 rooms to bring our kids.  This happened a few years ago and my PVP was able to override this and take payment.

 

Any thoughts if this is still a possibility or are these deals to special to allow that?
 

You shouldn't be able to book a cabin if you arent in it. 

 

If you can then you should be able to share the code with me and book me a cabin if not for the rule you have to be in the cabin so have it as your offer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

 

I called finally and they were not able to help. The person I spoke to said all they could see was whether we had any casino offers, which we don't. She said there are no separate players club accounts, it's just your VIFP number and they can't see any history, we'd have to contact the ocean club to see about that. 

 

Either we didn't play enough (likely - we didn't play a lot, and only did so on our short Sensation cruise), or we did something wrong. Perhaps on the Legend I will play a bit and ask the casino hosts more about all this.

You'd need to give your S&S card when buying chips with cash at table games to get rated and insert S&S card in machine when playing slots. You  don't get rated if you play cash without using your card.

I'm not a huge gambler but, I do play off and on almost every night. I lose some, break even, and even win sometimes. I'm willing to drop a few/several hundred a week for entertainment. I only gamble on cruises, not even visiting our local casino at all. Even though I'd have better odds on land.

I couldn't get a deal on Legend. Booked a casino offer on Horizon 5 day, 12/26-12/31. Free cabin for 2, $463 all in w/$200 OBC. Third guest was too high, so booked DW solo, $585 all in, w/Cheers included. Price dropped $50 while I was mulling it over for a few days. Those drinks will be less than $1 each for her.

Booked another casino offer for Vista on boy's spring break 3/26, $825 all in w/$200 OBC. Already have 2 five dayB2B on Valor for July 2022 with $500 OBC on each leg.

All inside cabins, Lido deck for Vista and Valor next year. TBA and deck 2 upper/lower on Horizon. Could have had balcony for $300 more but we only sleep/shower/dress in cabin. Only used balcony in Alaska.

I totally agree with you that flying is too problematic to enjoy but the cruise deals are just unreal right now. I've never booked so many at once before. I'm just taking advantage of the best vacation choices I can find right now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t gamble but I but for my offer.

$10 interior / $90 for window, $130 balcony for the Panorama 7 days (45mimute flight for me).

 

Other ships were cheaper but I needed the close location right now and we haven’t been on the Panorama  yet. Chose balcony 😀

I love Havana on this class ship but that wasn’t in my offer. 
 Pretty excited for the score and used miles for the quick flights 😀

 

I generally don’t have this kind of luck lol

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I played a little on a machine and you can watch how many pts they award you. I tried to hot 100 but it was time for dinner, so didnt quite make it.

 

I just feed the bandit that last night, too little too late. 

 

One more carnival for me in a couple of weeks and I'm probably out of everyone's hair. I'm not paying full priced when seems like most others aren't.   One little b2b booked and I'm gone. 

 

Seems RCI is more your preference, which we understand. We like things about both. I don't think we've had enough fun with the slots on either to play much - when we tried on Sensation we drained fast so we didn't play very long. Same on RCI - I just don't play enough for comps apparently. There are so many things we enjoy more on the ship. Heck there are so many things I enjoy more in Las Vegas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

 

Seems RCI is more your preference, which we understand. We like things about both. I don't think we've had enough fun with the slots on either to play much - when we tried on Sensation we drained fast so we didn't play very long. Same on RCI - I just don't play enough for comps apparently. There are so many things we enjoy more on the ship. Heck there are so many things I enjoy more in Las Vegas. 

That's your idea. I've said I'm loyal to my wallet, many times. Whichever gives me better deals. I just want to cruise. I'm paying full price same as pre covid for last vista, a little better on breeze per day.

 

I've booked the next 5 on rcl no solo supplements. Highest is about $750 for a corner aft, the others are less.

 

I dont know why saying I'm loyal to my wallet and the fact I am getting better prices on rcl means to you I prefer rcl. That's YOUR assumption. Not what I said.

 

I'll book whatever is the best deal right now. I'm pushing for 340 pts on rcl to get 50% solo supplement next year (28 pts for 7 days, 4 a day, solo extra pt doubled) so it's not the same as carnival.

 

I'm at 197 pts on carnival so any booking pushes me to diamond, 1 more.

 

Once I hit those 2 levels I dont care, but I am pushing for loyalty pts, whichever has the best cruises for the money. I paid more for a 1A on vista than for a balcony on liberty OTS. I pick the lower priced cruise .. and said I feel like carnival is pushing me to RCL and you conclude I prefer rcl?

 

 Makes no sense to me carnival wants me to pay pre covid prices. .. but gives deals to others. Some are vipf deals. If I quit booking I'm assuming maybe I too will get a come back we miss you deal, if not oh well. I'm especially jealous of the panama canal deal some here got as a vipf deal. I really want to go but not 2400 for a 1A solo. Carnival picking and choosing who gets deals makes no sense and not fair. I'm with SNJ on this. No idea why you see what I'm saying as well she prefers rcl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's your idea. I've said I'm loyal to my wallet, many times. Whichever gives me better deals. I just want to cruise. I'm paying full price same as pre covid for last vista, a little better on breeze per day.

 

I've booked the next 5 on rcl no solo supplements. Highest is about $750 for a corner aft, the others are less.

 

I dont know why saying I'm loyal to my wallet and the fact I am getting better prices on rcl means to you I prefer rcl. That's YOUR assumption. Not what I said.

 

I'll book whatever is the best deal right now. I'm pushing for 340 pts on rcl to get 50% solo supplement next year (28 pts for 7 days, 4 a day, solo extra pt doubled) so it's not the same as carnival.

 

I'm at 197 pts on carnival so any booking pushes me to diamond, 1 more.

 

Once I hit those 2 levels I dont care, but I am pushing for loyalty pts, whichever has the best cruises for the money. I paid more for a 1A on vista than for a balcony on liberty OTS. I pick the lower priced cruise .. and said I feel like carnival is pushing me to RCL and you conclude I prefer rcl?

 

 Makes no sense to me carnival wants me to pay pre covid prices. .. but gives deals to others. Some are vipf deals. If I quit booking I'm assuming maybe I too will get a come back we miss you deal, if not oh well. I'm especially jealous of the panama canal deal some here got as a vipf deal. I really want to go but not 2400 for a 1A solo. Carnival picking and choosing who gets deals makes no sense and not fair. I'm with SNJ on this. No idea why you see what I'm saying as well she prefers rcl.

Makes no sense even for casino offers.  We’ve been on plenty of NCL and RCL cruises spending just as much in the casinos but always get way better Carnival offers.  We haven’t really had any good offers on RCL or NCL which we would take if offered.  I guess each cruise line has their own algorithms that (in their view) maximizes their profits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Makes no sense even for casino offers.  We’ve been on plenty of NCL and RCL cruises spending just as much in the casinos but always get way better Carnival offers.  We haven’t really had any good offers on RCL or NCL which we would take if offered.  I guess each cruise line has their own algorithms that (in their view) maximizes their profits. 

When I see a post on my roll call for 5 day breeze, oh I just got this $25 offer so here I am, I feel like a sucker paying full fare. 

 

I'm not sure I have a preference except price. Ncl is bringing in the new prima but prices start for a studio higher than a balcony on allure coming in. 

 

Carnival just makes me feel like a sucker overpaying. I get it krom wants everyone to be a cheerleader, but unless you are made of money it matters. Everyone should get the same rates, except for casino. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's your idea. I've said I'm loyal to my wallet, many times. Whichever gives me better deals. I just want to cruise. I'm paying full price same as pre covid for last vista, a little better on breeze per day.

 

I've booked the next 5 on rcl no solo supplements. Highest is about $750 for a corner aft, the others are less.

 

I dont know why saying I'm loyal to my wallet and the fact I am getting better prices on rcl means to you I prefer rcl. That's YOUR assumption. Not what I said.

 

I'll book whatever is the best deal right now. I'm pushing for 340 pts on rcl to get 50% solo supplement next year (28 pts for 7 days, 4 a day, solo extra pt doubled) so it's not the same as carnival.

 

I'm at 197 pts on carnival so any booking pushes me to diamond, 1 more.

 

Once I hit those 2 levels I dont care, but I am pushing for loyalty pts, whichever has the best cruises for the money. I paid more for a 1A on vista than for a balcony on liberty OTS. I pick the lower priced cruise .. and said I feel like carnival is pushing me to RCL and you conclude I prefer rcl?

 

 Makes no sense to me carnival wants me to pay pre covid prices. .. but gives deals to others. Some are vipf deals. If I quit booking I'm assuming maybe I too will get a come back we miss you deal, if not oh well. I'm especially jealous of the panama canal deal some here got as a vipf deal. I really want to go but not 2400 for a 1A solo. Carnival picking and choosing who gets deals makes no sense and not fair. I'm with SNJ on this. No idea why you see what I'm saying as well she prefers rcl.

Sorry, no offense intended. I was just looking at your signature deets and thought I saw more RCI plus your mention of being done with Carnival after your upcoming trip. My apologies for misunderstanding. 
 

I’m annoyed seeing all these very low fares that I’m not getting as well, plus our Christmas cruise keeps dropping but we are now past final payment. I did get one drop of about 10% already but feel like a chump watching them drop further. I sat on hold a long time today to ask if they’ll consider moving some of the new difference to OBC before giving up.  Usually I’m a great bargain hunter so this is all frustrating but in the end I need to not let it ruin a cruise that I willingly signed up for at the original price, rather than letting myself feel ripped off. Struggling with that.
 

Plus I disturbed a nest of ground bees today while mowing and got two stings, one on each foot, just to vex me further as I stew, not that it should affect my cruise judgments or comments. 🐝

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went on the website a few days ago and there were lots of cruises available at $10-$25. We booked one that tied in with a cruise leaving Miami on 5th Dec we already had booked. Same price for inside Cloud9 cabin as it was for an inside cabin.  This was not a casino offer as we don't gamble. I hasten to add it isn't available anymore 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Sorry, no offense intended. I was just looking at your signature deets and thought I saw more RCI plus your mention of being done with Carnival after your upcoming trip. My apologies for misunderstanding. 
 

I’m annoyed seeing all these very low fares that I’m not getting as well, plus our Christmas cruise keeps dropping but we are now past final payment. I did get one drop of about 10% already but feel like a chump watching them drop further. I sat on hold a long time today to ask if they’ll consider moving some of the new difference to OBC before giving up.  Usually I’m a great bargain hunter so this is all frustrating but in the end I need to not let it ruin a cruise that I willingly signed up for at the original price, rather than letting myself feel ripped off. Struggling with that.
 

Plus I disturbed a nest of ground bees today while mowing and got two stings, one on each foot, just to vex me further as I stew, not that it should affect my cruise judgments or comments. 🐝

Ha, I decided to do my own bushes and it was a year for wasps here. Found a nest, gotmrid of it, then another, but the 3rd must have been the main nest, huge. I got a wasp stuck on my finger stinging me over and over. Rained a lot earlier in the year and i hear wasps like that. This whole area was overrun.

 

I do have exactly enough cruises on rcl booked to hit 340 pts by dec 2022, the end of their double pts promo. Got price drops on 3 of my closer in, not my special corner aft. I'm chasing pts. 340 is where solo supplements drop on rcl. I'm loyal to my wallet and nailing down lower prices in the future. 

 

Breeze puts me at 197. I was kinda back and forth should i just book it b2b or a 8 day instead of a 5 day would have put me at 200 on carnival. Might as well hit the milestones on each. Yes, i was a schmuck too and prices on vista especially dropped but I paid pre covid prices. Part of it is hating to bother my travel agent who is showing signs of tiring of changes lol. 

 

I'm sure part of it is mad at myself for not seeing or predicting how low prices would go. I sure could have booked better deals had I waited. So maybe mad at myself. If I disliked carnival I wouldnt be at 197 pts. I just want to be treated equally. Fair. Booking ahead I think hurt me getting good offers.

 

People posting these threads where they got some special offer i can understand how excited they are. Its not their fault carnival is targeting others and those not getting the offers are pissed off at unequal treatment. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...