Veterans and testing

htkodiak

a quick google search

Can I be tested for COVID-19 at a VA health care facility? We offer diagnostic testing for Veterans who are enrolled in VA health care and meet the CDC testing criteria. At this time, we're not charging a copay for testing. For your safety, please don't go in person to a VA health care facility without an appointment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

As a Veteran, I wouldn't rely on their ability to produce a 2 day turnaround.  Sorry, but they are overwhelmed and not reliable.  At this point, I would have a solid Plan A and Plan B to meet the requirements.

Especially right now… I do a lot of work for VA’s and many of our projects are administratively slowed to allow staff to meet the soaring need for [mental health] services after the US withdrawal from Afghanistan. (No political message intended.)
Things will hopefully normalize over the next weeks / months as they get a handle on things…  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RoperDK said:

As a Veteran, I wouldn't rely on their ability to produce a 2 day turnaround.  Sorry, but they are overwhelmed and not reliable.  At this point, I would have a solid Plan A and Plan B to meet the requirements.

Go to covidclinic.org and see if they have a testing site near you. 2 hours or less notification of the results. Rapid testing. $129.00 My insurance Humana, does refund that to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We definitely have a plan A and  B this would be plan C

• Like 1

21 hours ago, htkodiak said:

Have any Veterans out there used the VA for a rapid test prior to cruising ?

I asked my nurse over the phone during a phone appointment if the antigen test was available, how to make an appointment and how long till you get a result. The answers were, yes it’s available, just call for an appointment. And didn’t know how long for results. Said to ask when making the appointment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Go to covidclinic.org and see if they have a testing site near you. 2 hours or less notification of the results. Rapid testing. $129.00 My insurance Humana, does refund that to me.

Unfortunately, my state (Alabama) doesn't have any testing availability according to that site.  I recently returned from a family visit and had symptoms (vague sinus/headache, flushing) and I tried to get a covid-19 test and the earliest I could find (with symptoms) was 3 days out and only a PCR test was available.  My husband, a couple of weeks ago, was notified that he was in close contact with a breakthrough case.  He was able to get a same day rapid test and had a negative result within 2 hours.  So, testing availability is a fluid situation.  BTW....a local Urgent Care suggested I get an over the counter rapid test for my situation.  I had to try a couple of places to find one (a double test) and it was easy and I was negative.              

My wife is scheduled for surgery st the V.A.next thursday and she goes tuesday to get a covid test to determine if they will do the procedure. I dont know if that is different circunstances or not plus we are in  south carolina.they obviously get them back quick.