Costa Website Add-Ons

J_Boss

Good Afternoon,

I'm currently looking at booking a Med cruise with Costa for Christmas but have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for:

- After booking, can you add things to your booking on the website? I'm mostly interested in an unlimited photo package. We did this previously with MSC and it was great.

- Does anyone have current experience using the kids club? We have a 6 and 3 year old and are wondering what the quality is like. Our 6 year old used the club on the MSC Grandiosa previously and really liked it.

- The age for requiring drink packages is 4, but when booking all-inclusive it seems to charge for our child under 4. Maybe worth booking the package seperately after?

Thanks everyone. We have an MSC cruise booked (but haven't made final payment) and we're getting jerked around on some portions of it. That, and I can book with Costa in a balcony vice an oceanview for less money.

Cheers,

Jordan

2 hours ago, J_Boss said:

Good Afternoon,

I'm currently looking at booking a Med cruise with Costa for Christmas but have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for:

- After booking, can you add things to your booking on the website? I'm mostly interested in an unlimited photo package. We did this previously with MSC and it was great.

- Does anyone have current experience using the kids club? We have a 6 and 3 year old and are wondering what the quality is like. Our 6 year old used the club on the MSC Grandiosa previously and really liked it.

- The age for requiring drink packages is 4, but when booking all-inclusive it seems to charge for our child under 4. Maybe worth booking the package seperately after?

Thanks everyone. We have an MSC cruise booked (but haven't made final payment) and we're getting jerked around on some portions of it. That, and I can book with Costa in a balcony vice an oceanview for less money.

Cheers,

Jordan

This is Costa, if you have the money, they will sell you the ship you are on, but you will have to pay for the water the ship floats on, separately.

Seriously though, you can buy photo packages, drink packages, excursion packages and more. Once you have booked your cruise you will be sent a reference number and link to online shopping for the cruise. If you purchase any items you will be charged on the ship, you dont need your cc when purchasing the items. 

Dont have kids, so cannot help with your other queries. 

I will also advise you not to pay any more than the deposit at this stage as Costa, like other cruise lines are cancelling certain cruises. Also if you are booking hotels and flights, check that you can cancell them and get your money back if Costa cancel the cruise.

Yes, they have a photo package (Costa calls it “All You Can Photo”) for all pictures taken from all travelling in your cabin all around aboard, during boarding and so on, except photos taken in special “Shade” sessions, these you can book separately. In my next booking the price is 149 €.

I have no kids, but often saw the groups around the ships, so at least they offer a lot of activities.

There is no real all-inclusive formula with Costa. The basic tariff is with very few exceptions without drinks (coffee with breakfast for example is always included), while Premium is at least with Pranzo & Cena (drinks during lunch and dinner), sometimes with Brindiamo (smallest package that includes bar service as well). But Premium comes with other components as well, from free breakfast in the cabin, which is said to be in the better places on board (I don’t agree in all cases), to 10% off on the next cruise. Everybody in a cabin must use the same package with two exceptions. The smallest children don’t need one, and the only available package for all under 18 contains no alcohol of course - and is cheaper. General price for Pranzo & Cena (alcohol free, some wine and beer in restaurants only during lunch and dinner) is 20 €, Brindiamo (most alcohol free, some wines, beer, spirits, long drinks in all locations) 30 €, Più Gusto (adds a range of cocktails) 35 € and Intenditore (adds most high priced products and mini bar) 48 €. The young ones get Giovani (most things without alcohol everywhere) for 20 €. If you have a package included you can upgrade for just the price difference to every more expensive package.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

And noted about selling the ship, for the right price of course 😉

Have you heard of any rumours whether Costa Toscana will actually sail for December? The booking I'm looking at would be on that ship, but I see it is still in Finland finishing construction. Although the fact it appears on AIS Finder is generally a good sign that it is nearly ready to sail...

Thanks again!

Jordan

3 hours ago, J_Boss said:

Have you heard of any rumours whether Costa Toscana will actually sail for December?

The Toscana shall join the fleet in December indeed. Here a press statement about the newest Costa ships:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/costa-cruises-continues-its-gradual-restart-2021-2022-its-three