Jump to content

Check in now unavailable?


XLVIII
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, D C said:

My 06-Nov Reflection only shows 3 buttons at the bottom on the app: Safety, Account, Dining

 

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

How current is your app? I updated mine recently, and I now have 5 buttons along the bottom:

 

IMG_59AC9E95B676-1.thumb.jpeg.eebea9a392cb46d22cc9a40e24954d68.jpeg


Until today, I had all five of those buttons at the bottom of my app.  An hour ago, I only had three buttons, but now all five are back. Celebrity IT!🤪

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

 


Until today, I had all five of those buttons at the bottom of my app.  An hour ago, I only had three buttons, but now all five are back. Celebrity IT!🤪

 

Did you try swiping that row to the left a little? I get 6 buttons, the last one is labeled KEY, and  is used to unlock the cabin door. Equinox. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

 

Did you try swiping that row to the left a little? I get 6 buttons, the last one is labeled KEY, and  is used to unlock the cabin door. Equinox. 

 

 

Interesting, I didn’t know that. We only had 5 buttons before, but now there are 7. Stateroom and Key are the last two.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

 

Did you try swiping that row to the left a little? I get 6 buttons, the last one is labeled KEY, and  is used to unlock the cabin door. Equinox. 

 

 

I never noticed, so thank you. Normally there would be a > to signify the presence of another item to the right, or a < for another item to the left, but hey, this is Celebrity IT we're dealing with!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had already checked in for a Nov cruise for 2 cabins and thought I better double check.  My phone, Samsung, was still showing my express pass and time, but there was a new section that needed to be completed.  A picture of vax card.  So..I added that and went to DHs phone, iPhone...and it showed check in after 9/30. Although it had already been done. 

 

I had PRINTED boarding passes when I had completed the first time, for all 4 of us. So.. 11:30am check in is confirmed!

 

Went to the website and I could see the other cabin still showed the info I had previously entered. But, no request for pic of vax card.  Ditto for mine.

 

So...the app is being updated to add more stuff and the website isn't from what I can tell.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

 

Did you try swiping that row to the left a little? I get 6 buttons, the last one is labeled KEY, and  is used to unlock the cabin door. Equinox. 

 

 

 

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I never noticed, so thank you. Normally there would be a > to signify the presence of another item to the right, or a < for another item to the left, but hey, this is Celebrity IT we're dealing with!


Wow, 7 buttons! I never noticed either, so thanks from me as well. As @Fouremcosays, there is certainly no indication that there are other buttons to the left or right. 
 

As for Celebrity IT, on the app, when I’m viewing our upcoming Caribbean cruise on the Silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale, selecting “hints and tips” gives me first day directions for getting to the Port of Southampton in the UK. It also says fully vaxxed guests can go ashore on their own in any port, which is not true in the Caribbean. Apparently, the app has loaded the Silhouette’s UK cruising info into our US cruises. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have an early February cruise where check-in now beings at 45 days out. My understanding is due to ongoing updates with the app the window is shortened. No big deal since there is really no need to complete check-in months in advance anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

How current is your app? I updated mine recently, and I now have 5 buttons along the bottom:

 

IMG_59AC9E95B676-1.thumb.jpeg.eebea9a392cb46d22cc9a40e24954d68.jpeg

It's current. No update available. 

Nov Reflection: 3 buttons, no check in

Jan Reflection: 3 buttons, no check in

Mar Edge: 8 buttons "check in opens Feb 3rd" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We have an early February cruise where check-in now beings at 45 days out. My understanding is due to ongoing updates with the app the window is shortened. No big deal since there is really no need to complete check-in months in advance anyway. 

The only big deal is that Celebrity still says 90 days. If it's 45, tell us it's 45. Not that hard. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, D C said:

The only big deal is that Celebrity still says 90 days. If it's 45, tell us it's 45. Not that hard. 

 

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:


It’s loud and clear on these two cruises…

83D827C0-CFD4-4599-826F-3B899433861C.jpeg

D02546B7-A58E-4287-89EF-823D6D1172C3.jpeg


The issue most folks have here is that check in was loudly and clearly scheduled to open 90 days before their cruises, and it did so. Folks took the time to upload the information requested, including security photos and passport data. They picked arrival times. Sometimes the latter meant checking the check in portal repeatedly over a number of days, as Celebrity uploaded more arrival options. Now, having done all that, we find that check in is suddenly closed, to reopen about 45 days out. Will the data we already uploaded be saved?  Will our chosen arrival times?  As  @D Csaid above,  if check in is at 90 days, use that, but if it’s 45 days, don’t open it at 90 and then pull it away.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

 


The issue most folks have here is that check in was loudly and clearly scheduled to open 90 days before their cruises, and it did so. Folks took the time to upload the information requested, including security photos and passport data. They picked arrival times. Sometimes the latter meant checking the check in portal repeatedly over a number of days, as Celebrity uploaded more arrival options. Now, having done all that, we find that check in is suddenly closed, to reopen about 45 days out. Will the data we already uploaded be saved?  Will our chosen arrival times?  As  @D Csaid above,  if check in is at 90 days, use that, but if it’s 45 days, don’t open it at 90 and then pull it away.  

Perhaps final payment should be moved to 45 days as well 🙂 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, 3dogmom said:

 

Thank you. Nope, I got nothing! I'm on the Connie, first cruise out of Tampa. I've read that the "firsts" are lagging on check-in. 

And I wait.....

It seems that way.  I'm on the first Reflection cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and there is nothing...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Go to your devices app store and download the most recent version of the app.

I did that and because I have auto download, there was nothing to do.  Thanks.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what it seems the ships not sailing yet with passengers are delayed with check in.  Im on the constellation in Nov and first sailing is not to Nov 5 and dont think they can check in yet either.  Its a wait and see and be flexible.  Lots of things constantly changing in this environment.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just checked the app and for our 10/16 Edge sailing and I have 8 buttons on the bottom:

 

Safety

Health

Check-in

Account

Dining

Stateroom

Key 

Treasure

Treasure requires access to your device's camera and look to be some type of game - you need to be connected to the ship wi-fi to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jelayne said:

Just checked the app and for our 10/16 Edge sailing and I have 8 buttons on the bottom:

 

Safety

Health

Check-in

Account

Dining

Stateroom

Key 

Treasure

Treasure requires access to your device's camera and look to be some type of game - you need to be connected to the ship wi-fi to play.

Seems to be a difference between ships currently sailing having all of the buttons, and those not yet sailing only having 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, canderson said:

And for every rule for X, an exception!

 

 

Screenshot_20210921-122541_Celebrity.jpg

Interesting.... I am on Dec 3 Silhouette... and my four buttons are: Safety; Health; checkin (which is you click says they are not ready); Account.....BUT then if you scroll right a few more:Dining; stateroom; key... for a total of 7 options. Perhaps poster is missing Health because they are still establishing protocols out of Tampa? and missing check in...because they are already checked in? and finally not having 'stateroom'...perhaps this has to do with it being an older ship.. appears this button connects to ships wifi....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Mine reopened today “as advertised” and all my info was saved from prior completion.  

 

Yep. I had the same thing happen a couple days ago. That was a pleasant surprise. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 10:07 AM, XLVIII said:

For our upcoming November 15 cruise, we checked in as soon as it became available - mid August I think. A couple weeks back we revised our boarding time to a better slot (11:30), and completed everything for check in. Today I looked at our booking and it says check in is unavailable and will start October 1? Has anyone else experienced this?

  We have a November 6th sailing & have had the same problem.  I was told by Celebrity that check in online will be 30 days prior to sailing.  I’m praying that there isn’t a problem that day with everyone trying to check in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...