Change of category fee

rdt123

Hi all

we are booked back to back next year from Miami on the Seashore. We had booked both cruises through viva voyage in a grand suite with about 4K GBP owing in each cruise. We have paid 440GBP deposit on each. We have now decided to buy a new house and will complete next summer (brilliant timing!). 

rather than cancel (cause we can’t by the house and do the 8k on the cabin as well) we wondered about switching to a less expensive cabin like a balcony. 

does anyone know if I can change to a less expensive cabin after booking and if so what, if any, fees would be involved?

thanks

rob

1 hour ago, rdt123 said:

Hi all

we are booked back to back next year from Miami on the Seashore. We had booked both cruises through viva voyage in a grand suite with about 4K GBP owing in each cruise. We have paid 440GBP deposit on each. We have now decided to buy a new house and will complete next summer (brilliant timing!). 

rather than cancel (cause we can’t by the house and do the 8k on the cabin as well) we wondered about switching to a less expensive cabin like a balcony. 

does anyone know if I can change to a less expensive cabin after booking and if so what, if any, fees would be involved?

thanks

rob

If you're before final payment, you should be able to do whatever you want because it's fully cancellable.

3 minutes ago, rdt123 said:

Surely we’d lose the deposit wouldn’t we?

Look at the terms and conditions section on your booking for Final Payment, Cancellations and Penalties.  Depending on length of cruise the timeframes differ for penalties/cancellations.  From my experience as long as you're before final payment, you can make any change including full cancellation with no penalties.

3 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Look at the terms and conditions section on your booking for Final Payment, Cancellations and Penalties.  Depending on length of cruise the timeframes differ for penalties/cancellations.  From my experience as long as you're before final payment, you can make any change including full cancellation with no penalties.

Hi thanks

there terms seem to say cancellation 53 days or more out leads to loss of deposit. I wonder if they’d let me transfer to a Europe itinerary or a 2023 sailing date? I’ll ring viva voyage tomorrow - love how these things always come up on Sunday  !

rob

9 minutes ago, rdt123 said:

Hi thanks

there terms seem to say cancellation 53 days or more out leads to loss of deposit. I wonder if they’d let me transfer to a Europe itinerary or a 2023 sailing date? I’ll ring viva voyage tomorrow - love how these things always come up on Sunday  !

rob

Yes, best to call. Big differences based on country. Good luck!

We're booked on Seaview for May 2022 in YC. Had a few thoughts about changing dates. Cruise1st told me that MSC would only transfer to same category, not a lower category. They were willing to credit us with BOX for the slight difference in fare. We're holding off but may just cancel.