What form of Proof of Vaccination is Accepted?

Josie201

I don’t know if I’ve seen any discussion among Canadians as to what form of vaccination proof is accepted by the cruise lines. I believe the provinces have a myriad of documents.  And no I have no idea where my little book of vaccines from childhood is.  I note the Celebrity FAQS refers to the CDC card, which we of course don’t have, or the NHS system from England, and it says no photos or photocopies.   So I’ve got the PDF from Ontario.  Can I print and bring this or ?   I think I also have to upload this as part of my check in.  

What have been Canadian experiences for showing documents ?  

34 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I don’t know if I’ve seen any discussion among Canadians as to what form of vaccination proof is accepted by the cruise lines. I believe the provinces have a myriad of documents.  And no I have no idea where my little book of vaccines from childhood is.  I note the Celebrity FAQS refers to the CDC card, which we of course don’t have, or the NHS system from England, and it says no photos or photocopies.   So I’ve got the PDF from Ontario.  Can I print and bring this or ?   I think I also have to upload this as part of my check in.  

What have been Canadian experiences for showing documents ?  

Good question I was just looking at a cruise for next month and was more focused on insurance, Alberta does have an App that confirms vaccination hope that might work.

one more thing to stress over 🤦‍♀️

We are from Alberta and we were on the Equinox on August 27.  We took our 2 original pages we received when we got vaccinated.  Mine were from 2 different pharmacies and my husband had the Alberta Health forms.  They aren't very official looking (my one was just a letter on pharmacy letterhead that really anyone could  make), but they worked fine.  Whatever you show for sure needs to show the type of vaccine received and the date it was received and your name (and maybe birthdate?).  I know for sure they checked and documented the type of vaccine we had and the dates received.  I'm fairly sure they didn't count the amount of time between doses but made sure the second was at least 14 days prior to the cruise.  We are both double Pfizer.

We are cruising again on October 29 and my plan is to take our new vaccine card you can print out (as of today), as I printed it out today and it has all the information they should need in a clear format.  I will show the vaccine card first, but since it is not original, I'm also going to have our original pages that we showed last time, just in case they have an issue with the card being a print out.  I think the vaccine card will be easier for them to look at, as they had trouble locating all the information the first time on our original confirmation pages as it is all in different locations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

You should print and take both 1st and 2nd dose receipts. You can download copies through https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.

Yes I have those.  That’s what I was intending to bring but the comment about no photocopies caught at me.  But perhaps the real meaning was no photocopies of the CDC card, which I don’t have (ie these print outs could be photocopied).  

The below wording is the wording on the Celebrity Website that worries me a bit, but really they didn't seem to worried about different types of forms.  There is arguably a difference between photocopying a CDC card and printing something off an official website.

Are photos or photocopies of the original vaccination card accepted as proof of vaccination?

No, at this time, we are not accepting photos or photocopies of the original vaccination card.

They also have the below (but I'm not sure if this means you would actually have to pull out the app and show them in the app or website).

If I lost my original vaccination card, but am able to show electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?

Yes, if a guest can furnish proof from the government site or app, we will accept as proof of vaccination.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

It’s certainly not too clear!  We are supposed to be getting some type of system in Ontario but I’m not sure how detailed it will be ( ie re dates, type, etc) as I believe it is simply for access in Ontario to venues as a proof of vaccination.  

I follow the Celebrity board closely and I have yet to see any mention of a Canadian not being allowed to board because their provincially issued proof of vaccination wasn't accepted. I believe that Celebrity, in spite of it US-centric focus on CDC cards, is accepting the wide variety of original Canadian documents.

DW and I will take the Ontario cash register-type receipts we were issued at the clinics as well as the downloadable watermarked PDF. I really have no concern about their acceptance.

As for the new Ontario proof of vaccination documents with QR codes coming soon, they don't meet the "original document" concept but sure, we'll probably take them along as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I follow the Celebrity board closely and I have yet to see any mention of a Canadian not being allowed to board because their provincially issued proof of vaccination wasn't accepted. I believe that Celebrity, in spite of it US-centric focus on CDC cards, is accepting the wide variety of original Canadian documents.

DW and I will take the Ontario cash register-type receipts we were issued at the clinics as well as the downloadable watermarked PDF. I really have no concern about their acceptance.

As for the new Ontario proof of vaccination documents with QR codes coming soon, they don't meet the "original document" concept but sure, we'll probably take them along as well.

I hear ya!   As you know I follow the Celebrity board closely as well.  I know I’m over thinking it but I don’t want any surprises.  I had always assumed my PDF was adequate so it’s nice to see others thinking the same and some with on the ground experience.  I bet our QR code thing won’t have all the detail required, and I doubt our federal passport will be ready by early November when we hope to cruise.  

12 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I hear ya!   As you know I follow the Celebrity board closely as well.  I know I’m over thinking it but I don’t want any surprises.  I had always assumed my PDF was adequate so it’s nice to see others thinking the same and some with on the ground experience.  I bet our QR code thing won’t have all the detail required, and I doubt our federal passport will be ready by early November when we hope to cruise.  

I think we are very much on the same page. And it's much better to over think than it is to under think! :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, brontravel said:

I printed my receipts I received by email from Ontario government and they were accepted to board last Saturday on Celebrity. 

Did they look at the time difference between the two doses or were you able to get the dose within 42 days? (or whatever the recommended amount of time is)

7 hours ago, MsDolly said:

Good question I was just looking at a cruise for next month and was more focused on insurance, Alberta does have an App that confirms vaccination hope that might work.

one more thing to stress over 🤦‍♀️

Check out this insurance site I just found:  www.rates.ca

On 9/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, Josie201 said:

@Josie201 I am on this cruise solo and also from Ontario. Where is the Facebook page. I still have to book a hotel but have already booked direct flights through west jet.