Any negatives associated with aft-facing Aqua cabins on M Class Ships

Ken the cruiser

Which cabin did you book?  We have been in three of them and we really like them and would book again.  Most recently we were in #1140 on Summit.  Usually when I'm reading a book, I hear nothing.  Our stay in 1140 was the first time we had been in one of those cabins after they installed the movies up top.  The noise was so loud I had to go inside the cabin eventually.  I went up to the movie deck to see if anyone was there who could turn down the volume.  Not a soul there.  This was in the afternoon.  other than that, these are wonderful cabins and they go fast.  I'm so glad you snagged one.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Which cabin did you book?  We have been in three of them and we really like them and would book again.  Most recently we were in #1140 on Summit.  Usually when I'm reading a book, I hear nothing.  Our stay in 1140 was the first time we had been in one of those cabins after they installed the movies up top.  The noise was so loud I had to go inside the cabin eventually.  I went up to the movie deck to see if anyone was there who could turn down the volume.  Not a soul there.  This was in the afternoon.  other than that, these are wonderful cabins and they go fast.  I'm so glad you snagged one.  Enjoy your cruise.

Can someone tell me where they put the screen and where do they locate the speakers for the movie?  Is it just as loud at all the deck 11 aft cabins?  I'm asking about Infinity.  I'm in cabin 1105.

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Can someone tell me where they put the screen and where do they locate the speakers for the movie?  Is it just as loud at all the deck 11 aft cabins?  I'm asking about Infinity.  I'm in cabin 1105.

This PDF shows it pretty well.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Infinity-Deck-plans.pdf

The movie screen is very much towards the back, over the back row of interior deck 11 cabins.

Our last time on an M-class, we were in 1109 (moved forward to avoid movie sounds) and couldn't hear a thing from the balcony.

2 minutes ago, D C said:

This PDF shows it pretty well.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Infinity-Deck-plans.pdf

The movie screen is very much towards the back, over the back row of interior deck 11 cabins.

Our last time on an M-class, we were in 1109 (moved forward to avoid movie sounds) and couldn't hear a thing from the balcony.

I picked 1105 (Infinity) even though it is close to the elevator because there is an outside door at 1101 that makes noise.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I picked 1105 (Infinity) even though it is close to the elevator because there is an outside door at 1101 that makes noise.

Basically how we ended up with 1109.  Couldn't hear the elevator or outside door. 

30 minutes ago, D C said:

Basically how we ended up with 1109.  Couldn't hear the elevator or outside door. 

I could only find one cabin review for 1105 Summit, which said it was very quiet.  But maybe I should shift to 1109 if it's available.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I could only find one cabin review for 1105 Summit, which said it was very quiet.  But maybe I should shift to 1109 if it's available.

Nope.  Looks like all deck 11 aft cabins on Infinity 10/22 are booked.  Can only see deck 9.