Jump to content

HAVE IT All Questions


Recommended Posts

Hi. We are new to HAL. We had our first cruise on this line cancelled during the suspension. 
 

We are trying to evaluate whether going with the inclusive package or paying the extras that have more value to us as makes more sense.  I couldn’t find these answers on their website. 
 

Am I correct that all cruises are vaxxed and based on the FAQ’s they are not allowing any children under 12 and those that are 12+ will have to be vaxxed?
 

1.  Is there more than one beverage package?  I’m assuming yes since drinks were valued up to $11. If so, does anyone have what’s included on each. Can you pay the difference or maybe it’s just worthwhile for us to go without and pay fully for what we want since we’re not big drinkers. 
 

2.  Internet. The promo stated surf. Hubby needs internet and we definitely need stream. Can we pay the difference and what is the full price for steam one device. 


Thank you. Looking forward to sailing our first HAL cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my January 2022 cruise booking, the Signature Beverage package would cost $371.28 for the 7 day cruise.  The Elite Bev. Pkg would be $412.58.  The Premium internet package is $111.99.  I didn't find any other internet pkg offered for my cruise.  ( I don't have the "have it all" promo, so I am finding this info when I sign into HAL and click on "manage my trip".)

 

You are correct that all cruises, at least through the end of 2021, are for fully vaccinated passengers - that includes children.  For more info on health requirements, click on "Health Protocols" at the top of the HAL web site.  Hope this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you get the Have It All package, you can pay to upgrade the beverage package to the elite one but this can only be done onboard.  I've heard varying info about how much it costs (I've heard both $5 and $10 per day plus 18% gratuity) so I'm not 100% sure how much extra it would cost to upgrade that.  I've also heard you must upgrade it before you get any drinks onboard using your package.

 

As far as the internet, I'm not sure you can pay to upgrade (I'm guessing you can but I don't know of anyone who has) but I can tell you the surf package was absolutely useless on our Alaska cruise and I could barely get my email so there's no way your husband could stream on it.

 

Also keep in mind the Have It All package includes $100 in shore excursion credit and dinner at a specialty restaurant.  When we figured that into the cost of it, the rest of the package (drinks and internet) ended up being around $150 for the entire cruise which was well worth the cost to us).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as the drink pricing there have been some recent postings on another thread about the pricing and what is included with several people posting a photo of the different packages.  However, if you log onto your Navigator App under "Experiences" and selected Dining and Drinks, you can look at the different drink menus under each listed bar and select the PDF which brings up the listing of cocktails, wines, beers, etc and the pricing.  

 

It seems the ones I've looked at most of the drinks/wine/beer are at $11 or under.  There seem to be very little that is above that price.  So for me I do not think it would be worth it to upgrade to the Elite beverage package. But for some it might.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

As far as the drink pricing there have been some recent postings on another thread about the pricing and what is included with several people posting a photo of the different packages.  However, if you log onto your Navigator App under "Experiences" and selected Dining and Drinks, you can look at the different drink menus under each listed bar and select the PDF which brings up the listing of cocktails, wines, beers, etc and the pricing.  

 

It seems the ones I've looked at most of the drinks/wine/beer are at $11 or under.  There seem to be very little that is above that price.  So for me I do not think it would be worth it to upgrade to the Elite beverage package. But for some it might.  

I was the one who posted the PDF of the drink packages on the other thread.  The question is whether the elite package includes unlimited non-alcoholic drinks (unclear from the PDF that HAL sent me) but the standard beverage package definitely does not include unlimited any more.  If the elite package does, that's something to consider in deciding which package you think is more cost beneficial to you.  Hopefully some people on upcoming cruises can update us on what the elite package includes on their cruise so we have a better idea of whether it includes unlimited non-alcoholic drinks or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Is there more than one beverage package?  I’m assuming yes since drinks were valued up to $11. If so, does anyone have what’s included on each. Can you pay the difference or maybe it’s just worthwhile for us to go without and pay fully for what we want since we’re not big drinkers. 

 

 

 

yes there is more than one beverage package - there are non alcoholic packages for those that don’t care to imbibe.  And for those that do enjoy an alcoholic beverage there is the Signature Beverage Package (which is what the HIA includes with drinks of up to $11) and the Elite Package.  You can upgrade to the Elite Package on board if you have the HIA.  Cost was $10 + 18% service charge the last thing I heard.

 

If your drink is over $11 then you cannot pay the difference.  You will be charged the full drink priced.

 

You need to do a bit of math - check with your TA/PCC or HAL to see what the Advantage fare is for the cruise and then do the math on the difference.  Unlike the Best Price option, the Advantage Fare is refundable and bare bones (no perks).

 

1 hour ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

2.  Internet. The promo stated surf. Hubby needs internet and we definitely need stream. Can we pay the difference and what is the full price for steam one device. 

 

If you need stream,  you need the premium package.  When I had the surf package I was able to update to the premium with just the difference.  Mind you, I had paid for the internet and it was not part of my cruise cost.

 

If you need premium -  you may wish to consider skipping the HIA and buying the premium on line before your cruise.  The price is cheaper if you pre-purchase it than if you buy it on board.  Hope this helps a bit.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for all your input.  We decided to go with the basic fare and not take the HIA. When doing the math, we probably wouldn’t break even. We only need one internet and need the premium. We don’t drink all that much. It’s only a 7 night cruise so don’t really need specialty dining. We’ve never sailed HAL so it would be nice to try all the MDR menus. 
 

This way we can spend the money that would’ve gone to the HIA on what we would like and not what they preselect for us. Also the HIA didn’t include gratuities. We also will have OBC from Amex Platinum, shareholder and TA. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Isn’t there now a limit on amount of use for the separate internet packages?

(Or am I remembering wrong?)

I think you can use it on up to 5 devices but only one device can be logged in at a time.  Not sure if there's a limit to the amount of data you can use on it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On our recent NA cruise we had the Have It All promotion.  I recall getting prompted regularly to upgrade the free wifi for a fee that I can’t remember.  Since we were in Alaska and Internet was horrible I didn’t bother.  I wouldn’t have anyway since I could do want I wanted, when it worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were given the Premium Internet Package for one device each for the cruise we are on this week. It would have cost us $29.99/day for each device and would cost that much again if we wanted to add another device. You can activate a second device and you have a choice of adding it for a cost or closing the initial device and continuing. It isn't too complicated to go back and forth between my laptop and my phone depending on what device I want to use. 

All of that said, I am glad that the Premium Package was complimentary for us on this trip. It has been nice having internet but I am really pleased that we didn't have to pay for it. When it works, it is slow to open pages and it freezes up at times. Then there have been times when it just didn't work or we had to keep going back to the Navigator Page and clicking the "Connect to Internet" button, and jumping through a couple more prompts before we could actually use the internet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, roxybear135 said:

I think you can use it on up to 5 devices but only one device can be logged in at a time.  Not sure if there's a limit to the amount of data you can use on it though.

Actually, that’s what I mean. I remember it being “all you could eat” (a single device at a time), but then remember hearing about a data cap at each level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Actually, that’s what I mean. I remember it being “all you could eat” (a single device at a time), but then remember hearing about a data cap at each level.

 

There has always been a supposed cap but I have never been affected by it.

 

Your internet might slow down a tad but I don’t know if that was our location and a crane or the rules.

I used internet a fair bit on my last TA and other tha location I never saw a difference.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We booked our 11-day holiday cruise before the HIA program so we have premium internet, signature drink package, 2 nights in speciality restaurants, but no excursion credits. I’ve had my TA price it a couple of times but with a casino discount, our original price has still been better. My dilemma is I’m a Diet Coke drinker and usually bought a soda card. Now they don’t offer these anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AnnieBelle said:

We booked our 11-day holiday cruise before the HIA program so we have premium internet, signature drink package, 2 nights in speciality restaurants, but no excursion credits. I’ve had my TA price it a couple of times but with a casino discount, our original price has still been better. My dilemma is I’m a Diet Coke drinker and usually bought a soda card. Now they don’t offer these anymore.

 

Actually you have HIA - just the old one which is better as far as I am concerned as it also include HSC/crew incentive.

 

Hope I am understanding you post.  Your HIA will give you up to 15 diet cokes a day.  If that’s not enough there is a coke package on some ships and a Quench package on them all that includes cokes.

The SBP which is part of HIA is not limited to alcoholic drinks but non alcoholic drinks are also part of he package - you can use it for whatever type of drink you want as long as the cost doesn’t exceed $11 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the old/original HIA on my December NA 12-night sailing (internet, drinks, dining, grats).

 

My question is this:  the offer stated 2 specialty dinners - one each in Canaletto and PG.  When I log in and go to my reservation, it shows 3 in front of the dinners and 0 for shorex.  If I try to book 3 dinners, it doesn't let me.  I wonder if the website thinks I should have 3 because this was also sold as 7 + 5 nights.  My friends on the 5-night portion get 1 specialty dinner.

 

Three would be nice!  But I suspect this is just another glitch in their website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only time   for us that the because one we are not sure of the internet working well  ,we are not big drinkers ie  . The Have  it All Promo " had value  when  HAL included gratuities .This can happen like a labor day sale  which they recently did  . Otherwise we pass on it  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I have the old/original HIA on my December NA 12-night sailing (internet, drinks, dining, grats).

 

My question is this:  the offer stated 2 specialty dinners - one each in Canaletto and PG.  When I log in and go to my reservation, it shows 3 in front of the dinners and 0 for shorex.  If I try to book 3 dinners, it doesn't let me.  I wonder if the website thinks I should have 3 because this was also sold as 7 + 5 nights.  My friends on the 5-night portion get 1 specialty dinner.

 

Three would be nice!  But I suspect this is just another glitch in their website.

I thought I read somewhere on the HAL website that if it's 2 dinners one is in the Pinnacle and the other in the Tamarind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AnnieBelle said:

I thought I read somewhere on the HAL website that if it's 2 dinners one is in the Pinnacle and the other in the Tamarind. 

That's the new/current Best Value (HIA) option.  The OP has the old/original HIA which included Pinnacle and Canaletto.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just went and checked my booking and it's showing the Pinnacle and Caneletto - We are also booked under the old program. On my last cruise, there was an offering of half price dinners in the Tamarind which we were able to take advantage of. That was before Covid so I don't know if that will still be offered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

We booked the "have it all" for our 7 day October cruise.   We have $100 each for shore excursions.   I logged on and I see it applied to our account.  Does the $100 apply to only one shore excursion per person, or could we each do two tours?  For example if there were two tours at $49.95 each that we liked, could we use our credit for that?  I am unsure hw the $100 shore excursion credit works.  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pirokp2 said:

Hi,

 

We booked the "have it all" for our 7 day October cruise.   We have $100 each for shore excursions.   I logged on and I see it applied to our account.  Does the $100 apply to only one shore excursion per person, or could we each do two tours?  For example if there were two tours at $49.95 each that we liked, could we use our credit for that?  I am unsure hw the $100 shore excursion credit works.  Thanks!

You can only use it on one.  If the tour is less than $100, you don't get to keep the overage to use on another tour (so I would use it to pay for whatever excursion you want to do that is the most expensive).  If the excursion is over $100, you just pay the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...