New Mariner Perk For All Levels Being Announced Tommorow.

aliaschief

Bottom line we are going to get $200.00 for our 2023 Alaska cruise that we weren’t getting before. We’ll take it and enjoy the extra bucks on future 2023 and beyond cruises.

Already booked? As long as your Mariner# is a part of your Alaska booking in 2023 you’ll get this new perk.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Did someone say that it was retroactive?  I booked a 24 day Canada/NE cruise early this year on the day it was announced.  I'm just wondering...  Could always use an extra $800 in OBC on our booking!

It will be $400 per stateroom, not per person.  And it's very unclear if it will be retroactive but I think it's because it's so new.  When Seth asked Gerald about it, he just kept saying "it starts with Alaska 2023" even though Seth pointed out that Japan cruises have been open since March.  So guess we'll see but sure hope so because we, like you, booked when Japan 2023 was first announced earlier this year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

We have rarely gotten the "welcome back" email but have have ALWAYS gotten the OBC just by asking for it.

We have never received the 'welcome back' email - it may be a geographic thing, but for our last two cruises, which we booked directly with HAL, I just asked for the ZPM promo and it was added ok.  

12 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Did someone say that it was retroactive?  I booked a 24 day Canada/NE cruise early this year on the day it was announced.  I'm just wondering...  Could always use an extra $800 in OBC on our booking!

Right now it’s 2023 Alaska. Future itineraries in 2023 as they are released will receive the new perk. It’s per stateroom not per individual Mariner in a cabin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

We have never received the 'welcome back' email - it may be a geographic thing, but for our last two cruises, which we booked directly with HAL, I just asked for the ZPM promo and it was added ok.  

They actually addressed this in the live announcement. They emphasized to make sure your E-mail settings allow Holland America mail plus many folks inadvertently checked no E-mail offers when they set up their Hal Account. One can ask Mariner Society to check and they will change to allow “Offers E-mails” to be sent.

38 minutes ago, zelker said:

It will be $400 per stateroom, not per person.  And it's very unclear if it will be retroactive but I think it's because it's so new.  When Seth asked Gerald about it, he just kept saying "it starts with Alaska 2023" even though Seth pointed out that Japan cruises have been open since March.  So guess we'll see but sure hope so because we, like you, booked when Japan 2023 was first announced earlier this year.  

Thanks for the correction.  I'll still take an extra $400!  But if it starts with Alaska 2023 then I probably won't get it for Canada/NE 2022!  Oh, well, I still asked for it.  The worst they could do is say no.  At least, I should get it for Alaska 2023 that I booked about a month ago...

• Like 1

I know where I got the idea of $400 per person - it's on the link that LaffnVegas provided.  It says up to $400 per person.  Then later in this thread there was the breakdown by length of cruise but that doesn't indicate by cabin or by person (I assume it was mentioned in Seth's talk).  I can't see it on the HAL website because I get the dreaded 404 error!  Oh, well, it will be what it will be.

3 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I know where I got the idea of $400 per person - it's on the link that LaffnVegas provided.  It says up to $400 per person.  Then later in this thread there was the breakdown by length of cruise but that doesn't indicate by cabin or by person (I assume it was mentioned in Seth's talk).  I can't see it on the HAL website because I get the dreaded 404 error!  Oh, well, it will be what it will be.

If your cruise is 21 days or longer, except a grand voyage, then you get $400.

21 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

That's an error (HAL?  An error on their website??!!??  LOL)  Anyway, I called the Mariner Society to confirm that (a) it's in fact just a max of $400 per stateroom (answer:  yes) so (b) I told him about the error on the PDF and he said he would report it to IT.  

3 minutes ago, zelker said:

That's an error (HAL?  An error on their website??!!??  LOL)  Anyway, I called the Mariner Society to confirm that (a) it's in fact just a max of $400 per stateroom (answer:  yes) so (b) I told him about the error on the PDF and he said he would report it to IT.  

LOL I’m not holding my breath waiting for IT to fix the error 🤣

• Like 1

I just received updated confirmation including the credit on a 2023 Alaska cruise booked a few weeks ago. Had received an email about the mariners perk this a.m which stated it was retroactive and nothing needed to be done by me. An hour later it had been included.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Right but the question was more is the OBC per person or per cabin.  One document says per person.  But Zelker says HAL says it is per stateroom.

My take was that it was for each mariner that books within the 90 day window.  I could be wrong.  

1 hour ago, zelker said:

It will be $400 per stateroom, not per person.  

48 minutes ago, zelker said:

Anyway, I called the Mariner Society to confirm that (a) it's in fact just a max of $400 per stateroom (answer:  yes)   

29 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Right but the question was more is the OBC per person or per cabin.  One document says per person.  But Zelker says HAL says it is per stateroom.

If you are booked as a solo, do you get the entire “per stateroom” OBC?

Edited by dobiemom

Ours came through, without requesting it.  The booking was made on September 24, 2021, for an Alaska cruise, 2023.  The confirmation shows $175 pp OBC added.

It's a signature suite.  So it's broken down per person for the total of $350.

Nice surprise.  Not sure what happens with a single.

17 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

It is hard to get excited about a promotion that doesn't start until MID 2023.

Exactly ... nearly 2 years away.  If ever Holland America is looking for a spokesperson, I would suggest they look into hiring Jerry Seinfeld as most of their major announcements lately have been about "nothing" 🙂 

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 1