Anyone lucky enough to book the Greenland cruise?

RoperDK

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I think the pre-Covid cruise to Greenland and Iceland sold very fast, too.  We were to have been on it.  This cruise is essentially two years away.  We will keep an eye on it, but it does not have nearly as interesting an itinerary as our cancelled cruise.  EM

If that was the same cruise we were booked on, the price was a bargain if you booked early, and we were led to believe we would get first shot at cabins on a rescheduled cruise.

8 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Too bad we're not allowed to mention names or PM on here. My agent has 2 cabins available that are not guaranteed. 4K interior and Oceanview with cabin numbers.

Can you mention prices? I cant even find the cruise listed. I'd like to know about what the prices are. I'd take that 4k.

I think if you really try hard it’ll be possible to get rooms today. So many holds are dropping. I had managed to snag a GTY inside but checked again last night and was able to move to an assigned balcony. Checked again this morning and was able to move to a better assigned balcony. This was not easy as I had to check repeatedly each time but it might be possible if you are really wanting this cruise. I will say I never thought we’d pay this much for a cruise but it’ll be worth it. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:24 PM, Bgcruising said:

Why not just book the balcony guarantee?

I like to pick my cabin location.  With this being a 14 day cruise, I was hoping for a premium 9a balcony or a suite.  You can sometimes luck out, but I would hate to pay a premium price to have a balcony with a wonderful view of a lifeboat like the ones on deck 5.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

I like to pick my cabin location.  With this being a 14 day cruise, I was hoping for a premium 9a balcony or a suite.  You can sometimes luck out, but I would hate to pay a premium price to have a balcony with a wonderful view of a lifeboat like the ones on deck 5.  

I could be wrong, but I dont believe Carnival sells those as balcony cabins anymore. They sealed the french doors shut and now it is basically an obstructed ocean view and is sold as such.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

I could be wrong, but I dont believe Carnival sells those as balcony cabins anymore. They sealed the french doors shut and now it is basically an obstructed ocean view and is sold as such.

That's what we got.. priced as an interior.  Waiting for an ocean view to open up.  

1 minute ago, stobe1 said:

I was under the impression that those were the old 4K rooms.  These are balconies on deck 5.  I am not certain, as I always pick cabins above those decks.  I'm sure someone will weigh in soon.  

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm guessing this is it. I tried 1 pax, then tried 2 lax. Both say there are no rates available for the number of pax you selected, so it cant be booked but it shows up at least. Over 4k for a inside, wow. 

20210926_050903084.jpeg

It was briefly listed just now but wouldn't accept booking for 2 or 3 pax. Interior only was $1969pp.

Sorry, I meant to type wouldn't.

Edited by mondello
Correction

15 minutes ago, mondello said:

It was briefly listed just now but wouldn't accept booking for 2 or 3 pax. Interior only was $1969pp.

Sorry, I meant to type wouldn't.

About same price. I'm solo so thats interior for 1 pax. ..though wouldnt let me book, even when I tried to change to 2.

Maybe they will do it again another time. Too much for me for a carnival cruise.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

About same price. I'm solo so thats interior for 1 pax. ..though wouldnt let me book, even when I tried to change to 2.

Maybe they will do it again another time. Too much for me for a carnival cruise.

Princes has a 16 day in August 2023. Still pricey.

Laura

1 minute ago, Laurab23 said:

Princes has a 16 day in August 2023. Still pricey.

Laura

Rcl also has a similar cruise. Rcl is also best booked when cruises are first released. I'm waiting for alaska 2023 to come out before I commit. Hopefully by then covid and masks are gone. I didnt like mask rules on vista. I prefer rcl way of having vaccinated areas for theater with no masks while watching shows. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl also has a similar cruise. Rcl is also best booked when cruises are first released. I'm waiting for alaska 2023 to come out before I commit. Hopefully by then covid and masks are gone. I didnt like mask rules on vista. I prefer rcl way of having vaccinated areas for theater with no masks while watching shows. 

Does RCL leave from northeast? I don't fly which limits me to what cruises I do.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Do you know the date? I don’t see any on their site going to Greenland. Thanks!