CVS - Rapid Result Test (Antigen)

LorraineP

Getting completely confused. Need to be tested 10/8 for our 10/10 cruise. Thinking of doing a Rapid-result test (ANTIGEN) at CVS but now looking at their website it states “Not accepted for all purposes, so be sure to check with venue, destination or airline,”  I will also order from EMed for a backup. Getting stressed now. 

Edited by LorraineP
Typo

Rapid antigen test is not PCR - most cruises are requiring PCR tests. Since the rules are changing constantly and vary greatly by ship and location of sailing, you would need to post more details about your trip for folks to help more.

I'm sailing out of Lanarca in about a week on the Jewel of the Seas. I don't have to test myself, but the ship will test us before getting on board. Other folks have different rules depending on where they're coming in from.

3 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Rapid antigen test is not PCR - most cruises are requiring PCR tests. Since the rules are changing constantly and vary greatly by ship and location of sailing, you would need to post more details about your trip for folks to help more.

I'm sailing out of Lanarca in about a week on the Jewel of the Seas. I don't have to test myself, but the ship will test us before getting on board. Other folks have different rules depending on where they're coming in from.

Oasis 10/10 out of Bayonne. We are from PA. 

10 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

If you are vaccinated you can take the rapid antigen or PCR….but I would choose the rapid test since we only have two days to get the test done.

The CVS website has always said that….probably like some kind of disclaimer.  Many have already boarded using the results from their CVS rapids tests..

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

If you are vaccinated you can take the rapid antigen or PCR….but I would choose the rapid test since we only have two days to get the test done.

The CVS website has always said that….probably like some kind of disclaimer.  Many have already boarded using the results from their CVS rapids tests..

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Thank you. Yes we are fully vaccinated & were tested Monday at CVS (PCR test) both NEGATIVE, results back in 2 days. Can’t wait to get on the ship & have all this stress getting tested behind us. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

I see you're in my town! Did you get a rapid test at a local CVS?

8 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

We are in Mount Joy. We got the PCR test not Rapid in the CVS in Lancaster Centerville Road. Planning on getting the Rapid (Antigen) on Friday 10/8 at the CVS on Lititz Pike seems like the closest that offers it. Have to make appointment 14 days in advance. 

42 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

I am.  I sail 10/3 so 10/1 I'm going to the CVS on Lake Murray Blvd in Irmo....I hope as long as I'm not canceled!  The one in Lexington by Verizon is having problems staffing, at least that's what they told me and there were no appts available on line so I scratched them as unreliable!!  I think I'll be OK at the CVS on Lake Murray Blvd. 

There is also a CVS on Sunset Blvd in West Columbia, right off of I-26. That's where we went and had a phone answer in 15 minutes, and an e-mail in 30. Very nice lady doing the test. She watches to make sure you're doing it right, and we were both done in 10 minutes from entering. It's the same exit as Lexington Med. center, but the opposite direction.

4 hours ago, LorraineP said:

My husband and I got rapid antigen tests at our local CVS for our trip on Oasis out of Bayonne (9/19 departure). Perfectly acceptable at embarkation.

We brought a printed copy of the results along with our set sail passes. Each person has to show ID, Set Sail pass, vaccine card, and negative test result. It was easier to have all that printed and not scrambling to use the phone to show the test result or set sail pass. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, torpeedo said:

I am.  I sail 10/3 so 10/1 I'm going to the CVS on Lake Murray Blvd in Irmo....I hope as long as I'm not canceled!  The one in Lexington by Verizon is having problems staffing, at least that's what they told me and there were no appts available on line so I scratched them as unreliable!!  I think I'll be OK at the CVS on Lake Murray Blvd. 

11 hours ago, deliver42 said:

There is also a CVS on Sunset Blvd in West Columbia, right off of I-26. That's where we went and had a phone answer in 15 minutes, and an e-mail in 30. Very nice lady doing the test. She watches to make sure you're doing it right, and we were both done in 10 minutes from entering. It's the same exit as Lexington Med. center, but the opposite direction.

Thank you both! I was on their site yesterday morning and saw that the one closest to me on 378 by Verizon was temporarily closed.  Trying to figure where we'll go for our 10/22 cruise. Very familiar with both of these locations so will try one of them!

5 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We did the CVS rapid antigen test on 9/17 for our 9/19 Oasis. I reserved it as soon as a the day opened up on their schedule. Results in about an hour. 

Will schedule ours for Friday 10/8 tomorrow morning. Planning on going to CVS site 12:10AM to make sure we get an early morning appointment on the 8th. As a backup will order from EMed next week in case CVS cancels. 

52 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

So I totally don’t understand the at home tests.  You swap your nose in front of a person on your computer screen and then what? Can someone please explain?  Katherine 

You process the test and it sits in view of the proctor for 15 minutes while it "cooks"... this guarantees that the person taking the test is the person whose test result is read.

You show the result to the proctor, and they enter it into the system so you have an Official Test Result.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You show the result to the proctor, and they enter it into the system so you have an Official Test Result.

Im wondering if anyone else but me had a proctor that asked them to tell them how many lines I saw?    I mean I was definitely negative but that seemed strange.   She could not see my result clearly 

Edited by ryano

15 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We are already scheduled at Lake Murray Blvd and we tried to make a back up later in the day but the system won't let you!!  I know where you're talking about and that is great timing.  I'm going to drive over to CVS on Lake Murray Blvd to double check everything and if I get the hint of a problem, I'm moving!

For the South Carolinians... if none of your local CVS have availability check in North Augusta. Depending on where you're located it shouldn't be more than an 45 min - 1 hr away, if you're willing to drive.

Had results in 30 minutes. 

I did schedule 2 weeks out, but did not stay up until midnight. Midmorning was fine with lots of availability. 

We did the eMed tests (we're on the Oasis as I type) and so glad we did it that way. The proctor did ask us how many lines there were, but we also had to hold it up to the camera for him. Got right on, did the test, immediate results, printed them out and it went fine. Much easier than trying to book CVS and wonder how long it will take. The cost is high $160 + postage in a 6 pack)  but it can do up to 3 people and my daughter can test when she gets back if they want her to. 

Edited by cooncat_mom
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 11:48 PM, Sailing12Away said:

I think you mean Limassol?  We were on Jewel 3-11 September, the testing at the cruise port was very well organized, very quick and easy. Results in 15 minutes.  The testing on board (required to re-enter Cyprus) was a different story.  Book your appointment for this as early as possible,  don't be surprised if you wind up standing in a huge line, and be prepared to visit Guest services later in the day for a print out.  The testing it's self was disorganized,  it also closed for cleaning right in the middle of a bunch of scheduled appointments.  Bring a big supply of patience.