CVS - Rapid Result Test (Antigen)

LorraineP

On 9/23/2021 at 10:14 PM, libbismom said:

My husband and I got rapid antigen tests at our local CVS for our trip on Oasis out of Bayonne (9/19 departure). Perfectly acceptable at embarkation.

We brought a printed copy of the results along with our set sail passes. Each person has to show ID, Set Sail pass, vaccine card, and negative test result. It was easier to have all that printed and not scrambling to use the phone to show the test result or set sail pass. 

By the way on my Sept. 5 Oasis sail, my documents were examined some 5-6 times before getting on ship.  The feeling that I got, except for the check-in at the kiosk, was special emphasis to the Vaxx Card.  Did that happen to you.

Also, when you boarded the ship were you met by many staff members clapping and yelling "Welcome Back" while passing under an arch of balloons or was this simply because ours was the first sail.

6 hours ago, crazyank said:

I think you mean Limassol?  We were on Jewel 3-11 September, the testing at the cruise port was very well organized, very quick and easy. Results in 15 minutes.  The testing on board (required to re-enter Cyprus) was a different story.  Book your appointment for this as early as possible,  don't be surprised if you wind up standing in a huge line, and be prepared to visit Guest services later in the day for a print out.  The testing it's self was disorganized,  it also closed for cleaning right in the middle of a bunch of scheduled appointments.  Bring a big supply of patience.

Yes, sorry. Flying into Lanarca, sailing out of Limassol. We're staying one night post-cruise in Cyprus, so not in a rush to get off the ship as others trying to catch flights that same day will be. But we need to schedule our test as late in the week as possible so it will still be valid to get back into the US. 

We're fortunate to be in an owners suite, so I'm hoping there will be some perks that the concierge can help get us in/out/done with print outs in hand with minimal effort on our part. 

23 hours ago, brillohead said:

This video might help:

We did our at home tests yesterday morning. We had ordered the 2pk from Optum. Ordered them on a Thursday received on Tuesday. I used my IPhone 12 Pro and my husband used his iPhone 8 Max. I went first because my husband has trouble with email😂 You start out on the app but then you have to go to their website for the proctor. Our at home wifi worked fine.

I propped our phones up against two books and sat at the kitchen table. It worked well. My proctor asked me to move it forward some. I logged on for the proctor at 6:55am EST and was up next it said. You can’t see the proctor but you can hear them very well. Definitely watch a video or two of someone doing the test because my proctor was asking me to swab my nose before I put the drops in the test card. I stopped and said don’t I need to put the drops in first and he was very apologetic and had me carefully put the swab back in the slip and do the drops. Had I not stopped him I probably wouldn’t have been able to use that test kit because I couldn’t hold the swab and do the drops at the same time.

The only thing weird that I wasn’t expecting was each time I had to hold something up to the camera like my driver’s license and the test card they told me to hold it up to the back camera. Same with my husband. So don’t stack the books to high to block that back camera. It’ll be easier just to hold the object behind the phone without moving everything around. 

My husband lost sound with the second proctor that was on to read the results and the proctor asked in a chat like field if it would be ok to continue through chat without sound which he typed yes because there’s not much during this section. We both had notifications from the NAVICA app before we hung up with the second proctor that our results were available. We then went back into the app clicked view/print results and printed out our negative results.

I was pretty nervous about the process so had two weeks before booked CVS appts for back up. It was really easier than I anticipated and we ended up able to cancel the CVS appointments. The whole process from start to finish for the both of us together was 50-55 minutes.  If you have any questions let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 5:39 PM, LorraineP said:

Getting completely confused. Need to be tested 10/8 for our 10/10 cruise. Thinking of doing a Rapid-result test (ANTIGEN) at CVS but now looking at their website it states “Not accepted for all purposes, so be sure to check with venue, destination or airline,”  I will also order from EMed for a backup. Getting stressed now. 

The CVS test works fine, done it 3 times now.

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

By the way on my Sept. 5 Oasis sail, my documents were examined some 5-6 times before getting on ship.  The feeling that I got, except for the check-in at the kiosk, was special emphasis to the Vaxx Card.  Did that happen to you.

Also, when you boarded the ship were you met by many staff members clapping and yelling "Welcome Back" while passing under an arch of balloons or was this simply because ours was the first sail.

I don’t think I had to show my documents that many times. But it was at least three times for some of them. They did scrutinize the vaccination card very carefully. 

They had a balloon arch & several staff members clapping & welcoming us back as we boarded the ship. And we received the individual welcome back certificates last night thanking us for being among the first to return to cruising. 

1 hour ago, Blacklight47 said:

I would add that if you’re doing the Binax home test, watch a video or two beforehand. We board Monday and this morning my husband immediately invalidated his test by picking up the card. Now we’re scrambling for an appointment today for him.

Please explain why he picked up card. Don’t you have to pick it out of box & place it on table. I did watch a few videos but will certainly rewatch. 

34 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Please explain why he picked up card. Don’t you have to pick it out of box & place it on table. I did watch a few videos but will certainly rewatch. 

I wasn’t watching what he was doing, but heard the proctor telling him that the test couldn’t be certified because he picked up the card. The liquid reagent mixed with the other liquid before the swab was inserted. Or something like that. Anyway, when they tell you to lay the card flat on the counter or table, don’t touch it again, is my takeaway.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Blacklight47 said:

I wasn’t watching what he was doing, but heard the proctor telling him that the test couldn’t be certified because he picked up the card. The liquid reagent mixed with the other liquid before the swab was inserted. Or something like that. Anyway, when they tell you to lay the card flat on the counter or table, don’t touch it again, is my takeaway.

53 minutes ago, Blacklight47 said:

OK thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, LorraineP said:

We are in Mount Joy. We got the PCR test not Rapid in the CVS in Lancaster Centerville Road. Planning on getting the Rapid (Antigen) on Friday 10/8 at the CVS on Lititz Pike seems like the closest that offers it. Have to make appointment 14 days in advance. 

Good luck getting rapid test at CVS.  I leave on 10/17 and tried to make an appointment.  No rapid tests available in a 100 miles radius of San Diego.  Just PCR.   I will be looking elsewhere.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:09 AM, karena1 said:

The CVS test works fine, done it 3 times now.

Depends on where you live.  In Southern California there are no rapid test available at CVS.  I leave on the 17 of October. I have checked every day up to the 17th. I could only schedule a PCR test.  1 to 2 days to get back.  No one answers the phone so you can't find out when they will get a shipment in.  All the school kids are getting the rapid test when they have the sniffles.  Good luck every one.

On 10/4/2021 at 3:21 PM, Razz21 said:

Good luck getting rapid test at CVS.  I leave on 10/17 and tried to make an appointment.  No rapid tests available in a 100 miles radius of San Diego.  Just PCR.   I will be looking elsewhere.

CVS has also been cancelling appointments last minute for rapid tests.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, Razz21 said:

Depends on where you live.  In Southern California there are no rapid test available at CVS.  I leave on the 17 of October. I have checked every day up to the 17th. I could only schedule a PCR test.  1 to 2 days to get back.  No one answers the phone so you can't find out when they will get a shipment in.  All the school kids are getting the rapid test when they have the sniffles.  Good luck every one.

Have you checked covidclinic.org ??? I’m in Palm Springs and the closest CVS that performs the rapid testing is in Riverside. I’m using this company. It’s located at our airport, drive up and test. The cost is more expensive. $129.00 for each of us. Good luck. 

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

Have you checked covidclinic.org ??? I’m in Palm Springs and the closest CVS that performs the rapid testing is in Riverside. I’m using this company. It’s located at our airport, drive up and test. The cost is more expensive. $129.00 for each of us. Good luck. 

I used them (not Palm Springs but the same company) for my August cruise on Serenade.  Very convenient and easy to book.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I used them (not Palm Springs but the same company) for my August cruise on Serenade.  Very convenient and easy to book.

Glad to hear this. We’re having to test on either a Saturday or Sunday and it will be the weekend after Thanksgiving so we were able to make an appointment now. Piece of mind.🙂

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

Glad to hear this. We’re having to test on either a Saturday or Sunday and it will be the weekend after Thanksgiving so we were able to make an appointment now. Piece of mind.🙂

Our test time was 3:30 pm.  We had to wait in a bit of a line so we didn't get tested until close to 3:50.  We went to Red Lobster for an early dinner and DW had her results before the meal arrived.  My results arrived before I paid the bill. 🙂 

My next cruise is departs Dec 12.  We'll be traveling for a ten days before and will be in Dallas two days before embarkation.  I will possibly use their service there.  There seems to be mixed results from the home test and I don't know if I want to pack around a couple of tests plus spares for 10 days while traveling. Knowing I can book and just drive through without any stress is might be worth the extra money it costs.