RAPID ANTIGEN TEST NEAR PIER AND AIRPORT FT. LAUDERDALE SEE BELOW 2 LOCATIONS

rabin1

HI

I live here in Ft. Lauderdale and I decided to see if I could find a place besides CVS to get quick tests for you guys. I did find and here is the info

1. they have two locations within 7 to 10 minutes of the port they are Ft Lauderdale and Davie

2. they do drive up usually no wait so I guess you could go in a cab 

3. they also make appointments

4. results in 30 minutes.

5. all great reviews I looked them up as well

6. Cost is $85 will not take insurance will give receipt for you to file with your carrier

7. Name of company is Synergy DX. I called them very very nice .

I am going to use them In there Ft. Lauderdale location

Good luck with the testing for everyone

Kathy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, rabin1 said:

HI

I live here in Ft. Lauderdale and I decided to see if I could find a place besides CVS to get quick tests for you guys. I did find and here is the info

1. they have two locations within 7 to 10 minutes of the port they are Ft Lauderdale and Davie

6. Cost is $85 will not take insurance will give receipt for you to file with your carrier

Kathy

Thanks, Kathy.  I'm watching this issue closely because I have a cruise departure on January 2 and a flight on December 31, all booked before the CDC moved the goalposts again.  

With any luck, by then they'll figure out that testing vaccinated people joining other vaccinated people is a waste of time for everybody.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 11:33 PM, bucky21 said:

TY for the reply, Kathy:   Hopefully an antigen test is enough to get us on an international flight☺️

I am going on an International Flight next week and will be doing the Antigen Test. What airline are you flying? Example, I am on United and they actually tell you on the website which tests are acceptable and the time frame you need to use. Antigen Rapid works for my trip🙂

On 9/24/2021 at 4:55 PM, SargassoPirate said:

Thanks, Kathy.  I'm watching this issue closely because I have a cruise departure on January 2 and a flight on December 31, all booked before the CDC moved the goalposts again.  

With any luck, by then they'll figure out that testing vaccinated people joining other vaccinated people is a waste of time for everybody.

I sure hope you're right that we don't have to get tested, as we also have a cruise departing 1/2/22 and will be flying to FLL on 1/1/22.  We do have the tests which we ordered from emed; however, I am technically challenged and am worried about taking them.

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

I sure hope you're right that we don't have to get tested, as we also have a cruise departing 1/2/22 and will be flying to FLL on 1/1/22.  We do have the tests which we ordered from emed; however, I am technically challenged and am worried about taking them.

Good morning, I  think testing will be in place long beyond January. That is only 3 months away. 

OK, so I know that there have been posts to the contrary, but the FLL airport testing center evidently DOES allow incoming passengers to be tested. I've spoken to two different people, and had an online "chat" with someone, and each confirmed that arriving passengers are allowed to use the airport covid test facility.  I took a screen shot of our conversation but when I tried to paste it here, it didn't work.  On my "chat" I pointed out to him that the on-line form only allows FLL as the originating airport and he said "I know". I then asked if I should just not fill that part out and he said "yes", so that's what I did on my form.  I still put my flight information and then for the arriving flight info, I still filled out FLL (even thought the departure line also shows FLL).  I have a printed out confirmation with date, time and QR code, an e-mail confirmation, and a text confirmation.  Also, if you look at the FLL airport facility on the NOMI Health website, there is a box that states "the site is open to consumers that can provide proof of travel plans to or from FLL on any airline, e.g. valid airline ticket, boarding pass or confirmed (paid) flight itinerary.  There is a fee for testing at this site: $106 for PCR test; $74 for a rapid antigen test."

SO, I hope this helps anyone who, like me, has been obsessing about this testing! 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 6:17 PM, alex_drew said:

OK, so I know that there have been posts to the contrary, but the FLL airport testing center evidently DOES allow incoming passengers to be tested. I've spoken to two different people, and had an online "chat" with someone, and each confirmed that arriving passengers are allowed to use the airport covid test facility.  I took a screen shot of our conversation but when I tried to paste it here, it didn't work.  On my "chat" I pointed out to him that the on-line form only allows FLL as the originating airport and he said "I know". I then asked if I should just not fill that part out and he said "yes", so that's what I did on my form.  I still put my flight information and then for the arriving flight info, I still filled out FLL (even thought the departure line also shows FLL).  I have a printed out confirmation with date, time and QR code, an e-mail confirmation, and a text confirmation.  Also, if you look at the FLL airport facility on the NOMI Health website, there is a box that states "the site is open to consumers that can provide proof of travel plans to or from FLL on any airline, e.g. valid airline ticket, boarding pass or confirmed (paid) flight itinerary.  There is a fee for testing at this site: $106 for PCR test; $74 for a rapid antigen test."

SO, I hope this helps anyone who, like me, has been obsessing about this testing! 

Good to know, thanks! 

Now i have a backup plan for my backup plan...lol

Edited by Buckeye10640

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 10:43 AM, rabin1 said:

HI

Kathy

We will be flying all day Thursday. So we plan to test on Friday. 

staying at Lago Mar. what places for the rapid test are closest to that resort that 

the Celebrity cruise will accept for boarding? 

or should we just go to a place that will be easier to get in to? 

Thank you

On 10/4/2021 at 6:17 PM, alex_drew said:

Are they open every day including holidays? 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:32 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

Good to know, thanks! 

Now i have a backup plan for my backup plan...lol

Yes, the testing service is open to consumers that can provide proof of travel plans to/from FLL on any airline. (per there CHAT feature with a live person).  From 7 am - 9 PM FYI

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Thanks 1

I’m staying in Las Olas and there is a CVS close by.
Can Brits just walk in and get a test?  What ID would we need? 

What is the CVS charge please ( we cannot access the cvs site as we are not in the USA so please don’t say look at the site!!!) 

Thanks

9086CD97-403D-4612-AE1D-D6FB64ECD857.png

Edited by little britain

@little britain - I just did a mock booking on the US CVS website.  There was no mention of cost but an appointment is required. 

Intro:

For faster registration, have the following items with you.

• Insured: Insurance card
  • Uninsured: SSN, driver’s license, or state ID
  • Vaccinated: COVID-19 vaccination card

Series of standard questions

Results filtered by availability for rapid antigen test:

• Fort Lauderdale - 1700 S Federal Hwy Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site, 1700 S Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS FROM TODAY TO THE 19th (as far out as the scheduling goes):  No openings found at the closest 25 locations to you.

• rabin1 changed the title to RAPID ANTIGEN TEST NEAR PIER AND AIRPORT FT. LAUDERDALE SEE BELOW 2 LOCATIONS
17 hours ago, capriccio said:

@little britain - I just did a mock booking on the US CVS website.  There was no mention of cost but an appointment is required. 

Intro:

For faster registration, have the following items with you.

• Insured: Insurance card
  • Uninsured: SSN, driver’s license, or state ID
  • Vaccinated: COVID-19 vaccination card

Series of standard questions

Results filtered by availability for rapid antigen test:

• Fort Lauderdale - 1700 S Federal Hwy Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site, 1700 S Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS FROM TODAY TO THE 19th (as far out as the scheduling goes):  No openings found at the closest 25 locations to you.

Thanks for this! I’m very concerned that nothing is available for the next 2 weeks.. as we only arrive 7 days before sailing and as you know we cannot access the website until we are in the USA! 
Checked the SynergyDX one you first mentioned but that seems to redirect you to a different site for travel needs which are posted to you… and I thought the tests had to be videoed or something 🤷‍♀️!! It’s so much easier in Europe when RCI send you the link to hook the test with their provider!!!

Edited by little britain

@little britain - tests, conducted in person or via zoom, need to be observed by a medical professional. Test results are then emailed to you for presentation at check-in.  I would try contacting SynergyDX via their website (https://synergydx.com/contact-us/) and asking them your specific questions.  If you can't find an appointment have you considered doing the proctored "at home" test from your hotel?  See some of the threads about Binaz test.

Good luck!

@capriccio - thanks again -your help is invaluable!  I have sent them a msg- lets see what they say! 

I see in the info on the solvhealth.com site when you click to book it says :

1. Self-Pay. Appropriate for: Travel, Employment, Peace of Mind. The cost of this test includes a CLIA-Certified PCR Report approved for travel from SynergyDX.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, little britain said:

@capriccio - thanks again -your help is invaluable!  I have sent them a msg- lets see what they say! 

I see in the info on the solvhealth.com site when you click to book it says :

1. Self-Pay. Appropriate for: Travel, Employment, Peace of Mind. The cost of this test includes a CLIA-Certified PCR Report approved for travel from SynergyDX.

@little britain-Hope it all works out!  Come back and report your experience.  We'll be cruising in mid-March and I'm already getting nervous about the process especially since I have 2 siblings and their spouses cruising with us and arriving a few days before.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1