Roatan beaches question

KimmieTN

I have been to Roatan multiple times and have gone to West Bay Beach for snorkeling.  This cruise, we are traveling with non-swimmers and one who has limited mobility who still enjoy the beach.  I have narrowed it down to Bananarama resort at West Bay Beach because the Thirsty Turtle is right  there for lunch so limited walking for my sister-in-law's mom.  Also, Little French Key as there appears to be plenty of shade for both moms and water activities for my sister in law and I.  Thirdly, Paradise beach for the same reasons as above.  It has to be a beach that offers multiple lunch options as my mom is limited to burgers, pizza, fried ship, etc., no type of ethnic food at all.  If anyone has any insight on which is best for us this trip, I would greatly appreciate it.   

Due to the horrible history and practices of Little French Key I would not give them a dime of my money. 

Paradise and Banarama both have plenty of shade.

I think Paradise now has a restaurant or at least runners to their beach, also they have a pool off the beach a bit if that appeals. If you are taken with Thirsty Turtle it would be steps any.  

Tough choice, I think I would choose Paradiase due to the variety of amenities. 

• Like 1

If you're traveling from Mahogany Bay Cruise Center, the package at Bananarama including transportation to and from has been a good deal in the past. Not sure what that goes for now. They use a van and drive right up to the resort office so that might help with your mobility concerns.

But once you're there you can easier jaunt over to Paradise, which is a great place.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been to Bananarama 3-4 times.  Beautiful beach, great service, good food and prices.  The only downside is cruisers sit in a dedicated section on the beach and the dive boats are right in front so you have the noise and fumes at times.  Not a dealbreaker but it's there. If you are in the front row of loungers the beach peddlers are non stop but security keeps them from coming too close.