where can I find current list of ports requiring ship excursions?

susiesan

Where on the Celebrity web site can I find a list of ports that Celebrity will not allow on your own visits? My cruise is Nov. 29 on Millennium, scheduled for 6 ports. When I booked the cruise all 6 ports could be visited on your own without having to take a ship excursion. I have learned that as of today at 1 port, St. Maarten, I cannot get off the ship without a Celebrity excursion, that this restriction is only for Celebrity ships and not any other cruise lines, this is not a St. Maarten restriction. If any other ports become restricted by Celebrity and not the local authorities, I will be cancelling within a week before the cruise.

Where can I see the current list of restricted ports? 

4 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Where on the Celebrity web site can I find a list of ports that Celebrity will not allow on your own visits? My cruise is Nov. 29 on Millennium, scheduled for 6 ports. When I booked the cruise all 6 ports could be visited on your own without having to take a ship excursion. I have learned that as of today at 1 port, St. Maarten, I cannot get off the ship without a Celebrity excursion, that this restriction is only for Celebrity ships and not any other cruise lines, this is not a St. Maarten restriction. If any other ports become restricted by Celebrity and not the local authorities, I will be cancelling within a week before the cruise.

But keep in mind that even if the limitations are in effect today, they may not be in late November.  The risk anyone takes booking a cruise right now.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Great question and I don't know if a list like that exists. We just did a 12 day Equinox cruise and all but one port required an excursion to leave the duty free port area.

What was the restricted port?

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The current list, even if you could find one, will likely not be valid in November.

It is "found".  The page linked above is updated on a reasonably timely basis, so the OP should continue to check there as sail date approaches for any changes.

• Like 2

We sail in November on Reflection and I don't believe San Juan, PR or the Dominican Republic have had a Celebrity ship in port yet.  Neither is listed on the website link provided by @canderson(thank you btw).  We are sailing regardless, but it will be nice to see what those ports allow.  Not many choices in DR...

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

Susiesan,

St Martin is not on "mandated ship excursion" now. I got an email yesterday re my Edge sailing, with the link that says so. This is the current info. It could change, so keep checking.

I know how upset you were with the older information (read your posts) so this is good news. But do keep checking, things change in the wink of an eye!

Our November 6 Edge cruise stops in Tortola, BVI and San Juan.  Until recently, the only shore excursion for Tortola was a zip line.  It has now disappeared.  San Juan now has just one excursion showing.  I’m wondering if they are in the process of changing the itinerary.  I don’t care where we go, I’m just ready to sail!

• Like 3

According to the X notification list, St. Maarten is now DIY and Antigua and St. Kitts are no go alone. This is as of Sept. 22 update. With 65 days until my Millennium cruise hopefully all 6 ports will be able to be visited DIY. I will be monitoring. 

1 hour ago, ATG said:

Our November 6 Edge cruise stops in Tortola, BVI and San Juan.  Until recently, the only shore excursion for Tortola was a zip line.  It has now disappeared.  San Juan now has just one excursion showing.  I’m wondering if they are in the process of changing the itinerary.  I don’t care where we go, I’m just ready to sail!

First port for our 12 Nov leg from Tampa is San Juan on 15 Nov, and I'm showing 7 excursion options.  No idea what's happening for you.  

@NBliving

Re: D.R.

At present, all we know is that they are open to cruise ships.  Currently, 1.5m distancing and mandatory masks required indoors for commercial establishments.

I have not read all the comments above, but, for the forseeable future I would not be looking for a list that may be right one day and wrong the next.

I would rather take each day as it comes, hopefully with the added bonus of being able to explore as I prefer on my own.

If I am not able to do that, I may take a ship's excursion in a port I have not visited before, otherwise simply enjoy the experience of being on board and well cared for after three years without a cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

First port for our 12 Nov leg from Tampa is San Juan on 15 Nov, and I'm showing 7 excursion options.  No idea what's happening for you.  

@NBliving

Re: D.R.

At present, all we know is that they are open to cruise ships.  Currently, 1.5m distancing and mandatory masks required indoors for commercial establishments.

We are booking ship excursions for the ports we are interested in, but prefer to do our own thing.  Of course, we will wait and see.  It's just interesting those ports aren't listed yet on the link you shared.  I'm guessing once a ship sails that is going to PR or DR they will add those to that link.

14 hours ago, susiesan said:

According to the X notification list, St. Maarten is now DIY and Antigua and St. Kitts are no go alone. This is as of Sept. 22 update. With 65 days until my Millennium cruise hopefully all 6 ports will be able to be visited DIY. I will be monitoring. 

Hope Antigua and st kitts open in time for my November 12th sailing.  Is Barbados open for DIY also?