Just Back From Our Absolutely AMAzing Romantic Danube Cruise on the AMA Verde 9/26/21 - 10/3/21. Full trip report and pix!

Sleep7

Sleep7, If you are still checking back here, hopefully you can clarify a discussion on another thread. Re: dining, are you only allowed to dine with your own party, even if you are a solo cruiser? Or are you offered a chance to share a table or not, but you have to stick with that same table all cruise, rather than having the option to switch around during the cruise? Is that your table for breakfast and lunch also? The threads we've seen aren't too clear on this question.

Hi Cynbar!

Yes.. I get an email when there is a new post so I saw your question right away.😊

My experience RE the dining situation is that when you come to the dining room for your first meal (which would be the welcome dinner on embarkation day) you are asked to choose a table; which could be a table for one, two, three, four or it looked like there were groups of up to six people.  Then you must keep that table with those table mates for every meal on the cruise.  Since there were no buffets we ate all of our onboard meals in the dining room.  There is a very abbreviated menu at lunch time that is served in the lounge as an alternate for lunch is you choose though.  Just a choice of a few sandwiches and one main course.  The food in the dining room was much better for lunch so we only ate in the lounge one day.

Hope that helps.. always happy to answer questions.🙋‍♀️

5 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

.....There is a very abbreviated menu at lunch time that is served in the lounge as an alternate for lunch is you choose though.  Just a choice of a few sandwiches and one main course.  The food in the dining room was much better for lunch so we only ate in the lounge one day.

Hope that helps.. always happy to answer questions.🙋‍♀️

I have to add for a simple lunch meal the hamburgers and fries in the lounge were very good on both the AmaLyra and the AmaKristina in August when we sailed. 

Paul