Snorkel Beach Park Updates??

TomAndJane

I know that there were talks about Snorkel Park Beach getting much needed updates back in 2019.  Does anyone know if those updates actually happened and if they did is it worth going to now?  We will be arriving on a Sunday at 3:00 p.m. and figured it would be a place to go to for the evening.  What are the admission prices now?  The one I saw said Sunday was $10 for Sunday Live but there was no other information.

Thanks,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We went to Snorkel Beach on our Norwegian Joy Cruise week of 5/15. Its as open and perfect. Walked over. I think the price went up entrance for 2 and two chairs was 75.00 I think for the day.Including a bottle of water each.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:51 AM, tbedard1 said:

We went to Snorkel Beach on our Norwegian Joy Cruise week of 5/15. Its as open and perfect. Walked over. I think the price went up entrance for 2 and two chairs was 75.00 I think for the day.Including a bottle of water each.

Haven’t been in several years but wozas that sounds steep! $75 for 2? Do you recall what admission only was? I can sit on a towel! Haha! How was the snorkeling? 

1 hour ago, durberville said:

Haven’t been in several years but wozas that sounds steep! $75 for 2? Do you recall what admission only was? I can sit on a towel! Haha! How was the snorkeling? 

Snorkel Park is man made. Literaly built out of a dump. Not necesarily bad but Snorkel  Beach was crummy. Surprised to hear it was perfect. The new management promised improvements so maybe updates were made and it is improved. I will reserve judgement.  . 

You can go to beautiful Horseshoe Bay for $7 per person each way. Chairs there are $10 each. Sounds like a better option to me. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Yes that’s how I recall it…rather dreary. I was considering it for a couple hours during our last afternoon in Bermuda (always nervous of being too far from the ship), but there is no way I’d pay $75 for what I remember - perhaps it has been improved? 😬. Anyhoo…Horseshoe IS on the schedule! 👍🏻😉

• Like 1

Not Bermuda only, but I have become curious about beach-going habits.  In my youth, one took a beach towel, and lay on that all day. The ships give us beach towels, but all mentions of beaches, among cruisers, include renting of loungers.  Does nobody lie/sit on the beach towel any more?  Especially in Bermuda, the sand is soft and nice...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Not Bermuda only, but I have become curious about beach-going habits.  In my youth, one took a beach towel, and lay on that all day. The ships give us beach towels, but all mentions of beaches, among cruisers, include renting of loungers.  Does nobody lie/sit on the beach towel any more?  Especially in Bermuda, the sand is soft and nice...

You hit upon the key when you said in your youth. Me too. But my bones are not as supple as then or something. I prefer support on my back. Ships are full of older folk. When I was younger my budget was tight. I have gotten over being frugal particularly the last few years. The taxis don't seem expensive to me anymore.  Last time in Bermuda I spent hours on a beach with no chairs, Turtle Beach. Had a towel flat but there was sort of a wall and I spent time leaning agianst that standing. I have been to most of the Bermuda beaches without chairs and sat on towels. But i proably won't spend hours at a beach like that. I have seen quite a few cruisers at Horseshoe and bother Bermuda beaches on towels but they were mostly younger passengers with kids. I have also gone to Horseshoe for an hour or two. For a short time I don't rent chairs there. I would say 20% or so of people at Horseshoe are on towels.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:51 AM, tbedard1 said:

Could you expand on your day there? Was the area well maintained?  Bathrooms clean? We have one day to snorkel and would love to walk over to this beach. Appreciate a recent experience, as it has been several years since we last visited. Thank you.

Edited by jpurdy

We, too, are considering going there on our last morning since our ship sails at 1.  It would be helpful to have specifics on entrance fee, chair cost, and whether the snorkeling is OK.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ChasK said:

They "Admission & Rates – Snorkel Park Beach" have this website, but it feels like it's not been updated.  The site has admission as 5 (10 on Sunday), Chairs at 10, lounger at 15, etc.  So hopefully we'll get a current update from someone there now, or recently.

Management has changed since then. We need updates. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

There are a bunch of what look like to me to be fake reviews on TripAdvisor. The wording is very similiar and they tout the person who greeted them in every one the same way. I will wait for reviews from people on this group. Hope it won't be a long wait.

• Like 2

I found this photo on social media. I hope they don’t mind that I am posting it here. Admission is now $15. It looks like the fee is included with chairs and umbrella. $45 for one or $75 for two. 

B7301BEB-D202-49EF-956C-BFCC3432C39E.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Get a helinox chair & bring from home. Lightweight at 2lbs & folds up small. My husband built a leg support out of PVC pipe so it diesnt sunk in the

sand . I hike with it often so I can sit. Well worth it. Buy the real thing & not amazon knockoffs because metal poles not sturdy on the knockoffs 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the updated info. I saw on the website that stated $5 pp, but then saw a YouTube video with the new prices posted above. Looking for a good beach option near Royal Dockyards for the last day. Plan on doing Horseshoe the first day

• Like 1

We like this area but that was back a few years. New price seems high to me but close by. Not sure our sons will bother swimming in April sure the water will be cold. We are from New England so maybe they will try.

Thanks for the information on this Park.

• 8 months later...
52 minutes ago, annecolorgreen said:

did I read somewhere that they have bonfires on this beach on Thursday evenings?

They have not had bonfires since 2019 under the previous owners. They are under new owners. The new owners has not done much but raise the price of admission to $15 and raise the price of chair and umbrella rentals. Last year was really their first year because of Covid so perhaps they will add evening events this year. 

Edited by Charles4515