Jamie's Blue Reef Hotel and Beach day! All Inclusive!

crusin-4-fun

A few questions about Jaime's.  Do you order food ala carte from a menu or do they just bring certain food?  Do you go inside to order food or is there someone who brings it to you at your chair?  I was looking at some pictures on Trip Advisor and it looks like there is a roof-top pool.  Is that included in the day pass or just the beach?  

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Costa Maya. We had a reservation at Jamie's for all inclusive. We got there and said we wanted to pay ala carte. We ate and drank (drink package) so much on the previous 7 days on our cruise so we needed a break. 

We got a warm welcome and we got a table and chairs on the beach. Ordered a couple of beers and got chicken nachos. Huge serving for $8.50 and the refried black beans on it were delicious. Chips were awesome also! Wise decision on our part. Thanks everyone for the suggestion. 

They do have a roof top pool and I believe you can use it if you pay for all inclusive. The water on the beach was clear and I would not of wanted to go to the pool anyway.

Booked another cruise while onboard and will be going back to Costa Maya December 12th. $173 balcony guarantee for 4 nights with onboard credit was hard to pass up! We will definitely be going back to Jamie's

Edited by coaster
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, coaster said:

Just back from Costa Maya. We had a reservation at Jamie's for all inclusive. We got there and said we wanted to pay ala carte. We ate and drank (drink package) so much on the previous 7 days on our cruise so we needed a break. 

We got a warm welcome and we got a table and chairs on the beach. Ordered a couple of beers and got chicken nachos. Huge serving for $8.50 and the refried black beans on it were delicious. Chips were awesome also! Wise decision on our part. Thanks everyone for the suggestion. 

They do have a roof top pool and I believe you can use it if you pay for all inclusive. The water on the beach was clear and I would not of wanted to go to the pool anyway.

Booked another cruise while onboard and will be going back to Costa Maya December 12th. $173 balcony guarantee for 4 nights with onboard credit was hard to pass up! We will definitely be going back to Jamie's

we will be there next week also doing a la carte. He is a great guy to deal with via email.  Even is going to get us a mini snorkeling trip (1 hr) when we are there.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

we will be there next week also doing a la carte. He is a great guy to deal with via email.  Even is going to get us a mini snorkeling trip (1 hr) when we are there.  

Ask who ever is behind the bar to make you a paloma. Reposado.  Or mezcal if they have it.  And give Jaime the "crew" thumbs down if he doesn't have Bohemia.😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Ask who ever is behind the bar to make you a paloma. Reposado.  Or mezcal if they have it.  And give Jaime the "crew" thumbs down if he doesn't have Bohemia.😁

thx for the tip!!  Quick question.  Is there anywhere there to rinse off sand and salt?  Hate dragging our snorkeling gear back to room and cleaning in the shower (and so does our steward!).

I recall an outdoor shower in the back.  A hose or two as well.  But don't hold me to it as it's been over 2 years since I was there.

Best thing to do is email him.  He'll respond with correct answer.

Edited by crewsweeper

17 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

I recall an outdoor shower in the back.  A hose or two as well.  But don't hold me to it as it's been over 2 years since I was there.

Best thing to do is email him.  He'll respond with correct answer.

I did.  He said there is.

• Like 1

ok just was at Jamie's at the blue reef today.  Outstanding in 1 word.  We opted for all inclusive.  Digby and Juan were just the best.  I told Digby she is famous on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor.  We also opted for a mini snorkeling tour $25 a person which we saw a turtle, rays, moray eel plus a lion fish which was amazing.  I would come back in a heartbeat.  They are right next to Pepe Dive shop which we have used in the past so we were chatting with their owners.  

I've been up and down Mahahual and this place hands down has the best service. We hate party beach bars with blaring music so if you like chill atmosphere with outstanding service, this is the place.

• Like 3

On 11/20/2021 at 10:47 AM, crewsweeper said:

Jaime has always been known for his good hiring and great service.  In Playa, his restaurant was outstanding.  When he ran Nohoch Kay service was as good as Blue Reef is now .  Glad you enjoyed it. We're there in 10 days.

we will definitely return.  What a great group there.  We had such a crappy experience at cozumel at the iberostar with our day pass the next day.  I really hate the anti cruise vibe at some places.

On 11/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, jimed14 said:

This may be a stupid question but on the site it mentions kayaks, floats and paddle boards. Are those available/included or are they for rent from a vendor that is at that spot? 

I think it was included in the all included package but you can probably email owner

On 11/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, jean87510 said:

We also opted for a mini snorkeling tour $25 a person which we saw a turtle, rays, moray eel plus a lion fish which was amazing.  I would come back in a heartbeat.  They are right next to Pepe Dive shop which we have used in the past so we were chatting with their owners.  

We would be very interested in this too.   What kind of boat did they take you out on?  Also for the hour, how much time were you actually in the water snorkeling?

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you everyone for your input for Jamie's.  Sounds exactly like we are looking for when we stop at Costa Maya.  Just would like to know more about the actual beach.  Clear water, sand bottom without sea grass?

Small area and very shallow, but the water was clear.  It's more of a wading area.  There is a net stretched across to keep the seaweed out.

6 hours ago, vacation44 said:

We would be very interested in this too.   What kind of boat did they take you out on?  Also for the hour, how much time were you actually in the water snorkeling?

We were in the water snorkeling for at least an hour.  Guide went with us and took pictures.  All pictures other than the dog were his camera.  The dog is a puppy from Pepes dive shop right next door.  We had our own equipment but they do have masks and fins.  We did see a couple of turtles as well.  My husband is the nut who has the giant fins.

IMG-20211119-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20211119-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20211119-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20211119-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20211119-WA0000.jpg

20211119_142849.jpg

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1