City of Los Angeles Traveler Form

Sprocket

I found this on the Alaska Airlines site when I was looking to see what the requirements are for flying into LAX.  I have not seen this addressed anywhere and just wondered if those sailing out of San Pedro have submitted it.  Now that the border is opening I have to start over with figuring out what the rules are for US domestic travel since we will be able to drive across to Seattle for our flight.  We should be able to get tested for our cruise on the Grand once we arrive at the pier.

City of Los Angeles Traveler Form
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, Los Angeles requires all travelers entering the city from another state or country to fill out this online form, acknowledging that they have read and understood the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Travel guidance. All travelers over the age of 16 must submit this form online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station. Learn more at travel.lacity.org.

Edited by Sprocket

Yes we had to fill this out for our International flights this summer. We just filled it out on our phones. We were not required to print anything out. It was just a formality. Mexico, though, did require us to show a QRI code proving we filled out the required form to enter Mexico. Usually your airline will send you info regarding the requirements for each state or country. 

I did not have to fill anything out two weeks ago when I flew to Utah and back to LA, though. 🤷‍♀️

I have had the stewardess mention it on planes flying in and out of LA.  They said to go on line and fill it out.  Never have and no one has come to my house yet.  Was not mentioned at all on our cruise in and out of San Pedro or Long Beach.  Long Beach is not in LA county.

Since about November this has sometimes been a notification in our flight reservations when flying to LAX from Hawaii. It has not been mentioned at the airport, during the flights or upon arrival including 2 weeks ago and was not enforced.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I probably cannot complete the form.  First, they demand that you sign that you have read and understand the CDC Guidance.  But I don't really understand it.  How does my reading and understanding some political "guidance" help stop the spread of a virus?  I do not understand this at all, and am therefore not eligible to sign that I do understand.

Then, the form itself does NOT limit itself to my reading and understanding the policies.  The signature line requires me to commit to FOLLOWING the guidance. That is a different kettle of fish.  Well, Let's go, Brandon!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

I probably cannot complete the form.  First, they demand that you sign that you have read and understand the CDC Guidance.  But I don't really understand it.  How does my reading and understanding some political "guidance" help stop the spread of a virus?  I do not understand this at all, and am therefore not eligible to sign that I do understand.

Then, the form itself does NOT limit itself to my reading and understanding the policies.  The signature line requires me to commit to FOLLOWING the guidance. That is a different kettle of fish.  Well, Let's go, Brandon!

Funny!  We are flying to cruise so the recommendations they want us to follow are pretty much required by the cruise line anyway.

7 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

In the past several months, we have been on 5 domestic flights back to LA from other States.  There has been no mention of this form.  This is the 1st I've heard of it?

This is a new law in the City of Los Angeles.

The City has been so efficient in solving all of the city's problems with schools & education, homelessness, crime, crowded streets and social justice that they had time to tackle this.

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Actually, it is part of LA. Oops saw someone just said that as well. 

It is part of the COUNTY of LA, but not the CITY of LA, which is who this form and law applies to. If you flew into LGB or SNA instead of LAX for your cruise you would not need to worry about the form.

20 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Thanks, we’ll fill it out and take a copy with us.  Guess I should check if Seatac has something similar for our return. 

Just filled it out online for my early morning flight. just says it been completed no info on who did it.  printed out anyway for my DW and myself.  They are exactly the same.

My big concerned is someone doing a Freedom of information request and getting my email and phone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TxShipShape said:

My big concerned is someone doing a Freedom of information request and getting my email and phone

The federal FOIA law only applies to federal agencies and CA's FOIA law protects private individual's personal information collected by state and local agencies. So no one could access these records any more than they could access personal information from a public school, public hospital or state tax agency.

22 hours ago, scottca075 said:

This is a new law in the City of Los Angeles.

The City has been so efficient in solving all of the city's problems with schools & education, homelessness, crime, crowded streets and social justice that they had time to tackle this.

It is part of the COUNTY of LA, but not the CITY of LA, which is who this form and law applies to. If you flew into LGB or SNA instead of LAX for your cruise you would not need to worry about the form.

Thanks for confirming we will need to fill it out before we get to LAX.  Seems simple enough and I’ll keep it with the stack of reservations, attestations, vaccination certificates etc.  Miss the days of just showing up with our passports.

• 3 months later...