Any one on silver moon now ??

Lvshack

Hi just wanting to know who is sailing on the moon at this moment??.I along with my husband & friends should have been on the sailing from Venice ( 14th Oct ) but decided to cancel way back in January 😢... Would luv to hear about the trip ...I'm still not upset we decided to cancel as ( with my medical problems ) it would have been to much to consider to travel  at this time ,I have now had my 3rd covid jab💉 & in 6 months a booster !!!! So if I'm not ready by then ,when???

Happy sailing miss it so much 🚢🍾( for my husband who loves to dress be it causal or not 👔

18 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Look through the topics and you'll find what you seek as it's very obvious who is sailing right now.  Enjoy following her along the way!

Well I'm very sorry stumblefoot but it's not very obvious to me !!!!!!!!!who should I be following on what topic/ thread .... Duh !!!🙃

• Like 1

Curious to know how many passengers are on the current Silver Moon sailing, I would assume that it has gradually increased from the initial 50% occupancy rate.

We’re on the LIM-FLL (18 Dec), I would imagine it will be in the region of 80%-90% due to popularity of sailing over the Xmas/NY period, all adds to an even better atmosphere with a nearly full cruise!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, Lvshack said:

Well I'm very sorry stumblefoot but it's not very obvious to me !!!!!!!!!who should I be following on what topic/ thread .... Duh !!!🙃

@Lvshack It's not apparent to me, either. 😉 The only one live posting on this forum right now seems to be Lois, who is on the Spirit off the west coast of Africa. 

I am on The Moon right now..posting from a very squishy comfortable lounge chair…by the pool while my daughters have gone off to go mountain Biking in Corfu.

The ship is SO beautiful. Everything I thought was missing in the design of The Muse has been modified…..much more color…still subtle but making the decor warmer. They have moved the small corner bar into the center of The Dolce Vita…it is round and can probably seat about 20. The chandelier over it is modern and spectacular. Instead of all brown and gray, there are a lot of teal and aqua accents. The room is truly beautiful.

We had dinner in The SALT restaurant last night…delicious and a bit adventurous….great fun, and better than ever SS service. The Crew seems so happy to be back and this adds to every aspect of this cruise.

The Arts Cafe feels expanded and the AWFUL Art has been replaced by less “Avant-garde” pieces. There’s also a full bar which may have been on The Muse, but I don’t remember it. We had wonderful coffee and cookies there yesterday afternoon. 

One of the very best improvements is the new decor in La Terrasse. There is carpeting, and the dinky chairs have been replaced with more substantial ones. The room no longer looks like a cavernous cafeteria…it is now a very pretty restaurant……with wonderful food served by warm attentive people. Lunch, without the usual serve yourself buffet, is awkward, but we all know this is Covid related and I am hopeful things will normalize soon.

The Panorama looks pretty much the same. The improvement here is a much bigger semi circular bar instead of the service like bar at which almost no one ever sat. The new design here, as on all of The Moon, is much more thought out from the Passenger perspective than on the Muse.

I LOVE THIS SHIP!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Thank you  CP for your excellent report which lifts our desire to return to SS cruising and having sailed wth you before it brings back many happy memories. What percentage of the luxurious normality of pre Pandemic Silversea cruising are we back to? Enjoy the remainder of your journey on the Moon.

13 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@Lvshack It's not apparent to me, either. 😉 The only one live posting on this forum right now seems to be Lois, who is on the Spirit off the west coast of Africa. 

Glad I'm not going🙃 ... But now as you can see maybe it's cruisinpashmima???

5 hours ago, CruisinPashmina said:

I am on The Moon right now..posting from a very squishy comfortable lounge chair…by the pool while my daughters have gone off to go mountain Biking in Corfu.

The ship is SO beautiful. Everything I thought was missing in the design of The Muse has been modified…..much more color…still subtle but making the decor warmer. They have moved the small corner bar into the center of The Dolce Vita…it is round and can probably seat about 20. The chandelier over it is modern and spectacular. Instead of all brown and gray, there are a lot of teal and aqua accents. The room is truly beautiful.

We had dinner in The SALT restaurant last night…delicious and a bit adventurous….great fun, and better than ever SS service. The Crew seems so happy to be back and this adds to every aspect of this cruise.

The Arts Cafe feels expanded and the AWFUL Art has been replaced by less “Avant-garde” pieces. There’s also a full bar which may have been on The Muse, but I don’t remember it. We had wonderful coffee and cookies there yesterday afternoon. 

One of the very best improvements is the new decor in La Terrasse. There is carpeting, and the dinky chairs have been replaced with more substantial ones. The room no longer looks like a cavernous cafeteria…it is now a very pretty restaurant……with wonderful food served by warm attentive people. Lunch, without the usual serve yourself buffet, is awkward, but we all know this is Covid related and I am hopeful things will normalize soon.

The Panorama looks pretty much the same. The improvement here is a much bigger semi circular bar instead of the service like bar at which almost no one ever sat. The new design here, as on all of The Moon, is much more thought out from the Passenger perspective than on the Muse.

I LOVE THIS SHIP!

Thanks for making contact!!! I did start this thread as I was going to be on this cruise ...have read several of your threads & it's a shame I'm not going to meet you( you will probably be thankful for that as I can be a bit party animal in Panorama lounge after midnight) but I will follow your journey with great interest.( Although I've been several times to ports of call  living so close ) ...I'm now waiting on crystal cruse in April 2022 Greek isles & holyland..then the lovely silver dawn in Nov 2022 Venetian society reunion ...please ( I know you are on holiday ) keep thread going .. photos, etc ... happy cruising 🚢😎😷🍾

6 hours ago, CruisinPashmina said:

I LOVE THIS SHIP!

Delighted to see that you are sailing and enjoying a life on the ocean wave. We will be donning our sea legs at the beginning of November, all being well

RP

Best eishes form us both

6 hours ago, CruisinPashmina said:

I LOVE THIS SHIP!

Thanks for taking the time away from your cruise to post this update, having sailed on the Muse a couple of times and after seeing the recent photos of the Moon as well as your comments, I agree that they have tweaked certain areas which appears to have enhanced the ship. 

Are you now able to sit around the bar in Dolce Vita? It looks like a very sociable setting to meet other passengers and a tremendous improvement on the corner bar on the Muse. I would also be interested to know if they retained the bar in Silver Note and whether you can sit around and either have a pre or post dinner aperitif, this was a popular area on the Muse.

La Dame also looks incredible in the new location and increased size, we are so looking forward to multiple reservations and wonderful evenings in that restaurant.

We are sailing on the Moon from LIM-FLL on the 18 Dec, we are now starting to get excited after the recent confirmation and reading all the amazing reviews makes the anticipation grow even more.

Can anyone on the Moon right now talk about the restaurant servers, administrative and cabin housekeeping crew? Do you know if they are new people hired by SS or were they SS crew people before COVID. Level of training, personality, attentiveness, competence,  etc ? Also the same for the officers. New or recycled? Of course at 25% or 50% of sailing capacity it's not a true text of shipboard service when it will be full. I have not seen much comment about this service ingredient.

4 hours ago, brittany12 said:

Can anyone on the Moon right now talk about the restaurant servers, administrative and cabin housekeeping crew? Do you know if they are new people hired by SS or were they SS crew people before COVID. Level of training, personality, attentiveness, competence,  etc ? Also the same for the officers. New or recycled? Of course at 25% or 50% of sailing capacity it's not a true text of shipboard service when it will be full. I have not seen much comment about this service ingredient.

Maybe no comments because it isn't an issue!  How is anyone to know who is new and who is not unless they have sailed with every possible crew member from before times.  And even then  new staff may well have been trained on other lines before being hired by Silversea.  I'd venture to suggest that service will be very much what you're used to.  😁

• Like 4

16 hours ago, brittany12 said:

Very reasonable question.    Most of the feedback I've seen on recent (reopening) SS service has been very positive.

12 hours ago, mysty said:

Maybe no comments because it isn't an issue!  How is anyone to know who is new and who is not unless they have sailed with every possible crew member from before times.  And even then  new staff may well have been trained on other lines before being hired by Silversea.  I'd venture to suggest that service will be very much what you're used to.  😁

The voice of reason as usual Mysty. I wonder how the long serving officers and crew would feel about being referred to as ‘recycled’.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2021 at 11:21 AM, jpalbny said:

Hi @CruisinPashmina!

Thanks for the description - it sounds beautiful. We have never tried one of these "big" Silversea ships but we might some day. Hope you continue to have an enjoyable cruise. 

LOL @ Big ships! 

At first sight, they do appear bigger (unless alongside a mega ship - then they look tiny!) But once on, its not long before they feel no different to being on the Wind. Go on......you know you wanna! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My, my, my. Such over-sensitivities from a few on such a basic question. SS has been known in the past for its excellent service. Are future guests not entitled to a review of this by current sailors experiencing it?? Guess what you're paying for. Don't you talk to these crewpeople and find out these things? Are some, recognized from past service? I guess I will have to watch out not calling anyone "recycled" again - as if its a bad thing.Thanks for admonishing me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, brittany12 said:

My, my, my. Such over-sensitivities from a few on such a basic question. SS has been known in the past for its excellent service. Are future guests not entitled to a review of this by current sailors experiencing it?? Guess what you're paying for. Don't you talk to these crewpeople and find out these things? Are some, recognized from past service? I guess I will have to watch out not calling anyone "recycled" again - as if its a bad thing.Thanks for admonishing me.

Maybe a basic question but do you really think it is appropriate to ask crew and staff how long they have been with Silversea?  If service is at a recognized standard for Silversea why does it matter?   

• Like 2

Just now, mysty said:

Maybe a basic question but do you really think it is appropriate to ask crew and staff how long they have been with Silversea?  If service is at a recognized standard for Silversea why does it matter?   

From my experience the "Old Salts" here are always talking about "Ed" the Bartender, "Julie" the CD, "Bob" the waiter.  Sounds like they are closely connected to many of the staff.  Asking if they have seen the same people makes sense to me, but that's not the point is it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

From my experience the "Old Salts" here are always talking about "Ed" the Bartender, "Julie" the CD, "Bob" the waiter.  Sounds like they are closely connected to many of the staff.  Asking if they have seen the same people makes sense to me, but that's not the point is it.

You're right!  And not all old salts are chiming in here!  Maybe not many old salts on the Moon now or maybe the old salts on the Moon have no issue with the level of service.  The original question seemed to relate to level of service currently on the Moon with the subtext that only those crew who had sailed with Silversea before were in a position to offer that level of service.  That is the issue I was addressing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mysty said:

You're right!  And not all old salts are chiming in here!  Maybe not many old salts on the Moon now or maybe the old salts on the Moon have no issue with the level of service.  The original question seemed to relate to level of service currently on the Moon with the subtext that only those crew who had sailed with Silversea before were in a position to offer that level of service.  That is the issue I was addressing. 

You should re read the question and your initial response.

23 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

You should re read the question and your initial response.

22 hours ago, mysty said:

44 minutes ago, mysty said:

28 minutes ago, mysty said:

Those are my posts on this question.   What is your point exactly?  And below is the issue I was addressing.   Just to make things clear.

On 10/18/2021 at 3:06 PM, brittany12 said:

• Like 1

Capt. F here! I want to reply to the post by Brittany12 about crew manning and if there are unseasoned, untrained crew onboard the Silver Moon?

I also see you’ve listed your favorite cruise line as Oceania.

I’m not sure why you even suspect this, but I can tell you factually that Silversea’s loyalty to its crew is well known. Many remain out of work as the Silver Whisper is not yet in normal operations and the last thing Silversea will do is have their crew manning agency bring in crew that are not in the good standing pool that remain at home.

I am presently on the Silver Shadow although not significant and things are running smoothly.

As a matter of policy, as the Silver Moon was recently launched, my experience is that they try to put the “A” Team crew on if available. 
I am not discounting the reports that have negative comments and they should not be ignored. But, I doubt with certainty that this is related to hiring unseasoned Silversea crew. 

If guests feel that there are issues they rightfully should express that to the HD who is trained to take corrective measures that are specific to the situation complained about.

Wishing you all safe travels!

Capt. F signing off.

• Like 5